Culture as an Engine of Local Development Processes: System-Wide Cultural Districts I: Theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2011.
"The emerging empirics of evolutionary economic geography,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 295-307, March.
- Ron Boschma & KOen Frenken, 2010. "The emerging empirics of evolutionary economic geography," Working Papers 10-10, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Nov 2010.
- Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2011. "The emerging empirics of evolutionary economic geography," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1101, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2011.
- Walter Santagata, 2002. "Cultural districts, property rights, and sustainable economic growth," Others 0210004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jane Hardy, 1998. "Cathedrals in the Desert? Transnationals, Corporate Strategy and Locality in Wroc ^ aw," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(7), pages 639-652.
- Joseph Lampel & Theresa Lant & Jamal Shamsie, 2000. "Balancing Act: Learning from Organizing Practices in Cultural Industries," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(3), pages 263-269, June.
- Ron A. Boschma & Jan G. Lambooy, 2002. "Knowledge, Market Structure, and Economic Coordination: Dynamics of Industrial Districts," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(3), pages 291-311.
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "The elusive concept of localization economies: towards a knowledge-based theory of spatial clustering," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(3), pages 429-449, March.
- Krugman, Paul, 1998. "What's New about the New Economic Geography?," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 7-17, Summer.
- Giulio Cainelli, 2008. "Spatial Agglomeration, Technological Innovations, and Firm Productivity: Evidence from Italian Industrial Districts," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 414-435, September.
- Mario Davide Parrilli & Silvia Sacchetti, 2008. "Linking learning with governance in networks and clusters: key issues for analysis and policy," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 387-408, July.
- Carlsson, Bo & Jacobsson, Staffan & Holmen, Magnus & Rickne, Annika, 2002. "Innovation systems: analytical and methodological issues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 233-245, February.
- Richard De Martino & David Mc Hardy Reid & Stelios C. Zygliodopoulos, 2006. "Balancing localization and globalization:exploring the impact of firm internationalization on a regional cluster," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Jason Potts & Stuart Cunningham & John Hartley & Paul Ormerod, 2008. "Social network markets: a new definition of the creative industries," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(3), pages 167-185, September.
- Carole Maignan & Dino Pinelli & Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, 2003. "ICT, Clusters and Regional Cohesion: A Summary of Theoretical and Empirical Research," Working Papers 2003.58, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- James Defilippis & Robert Fisher & Eric Shragge, 2006. "Neither Romance Nor Regulation: Re‐evaluating Community," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 673-689, September.
- Roberta Comunian, 2011. "Rethinking the Creative City," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 48(6), pages 1157-1179, May.
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "The Elusive Concept of Localization Economies: Towards a Knowledge-Based Theory of Spatial Clustering," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 34(3), pages 429-449, March.
- Sao-Wen Cheng, 2006. "Cultural goods creation, cultural capital formation, provision of cultural services and cultural atmosphere accumulation," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 30(4), pages 263-286, December.
- Beaudry, Catherine & Schiffauerova, Andrea, 2009. "Who's right, Marshall or Jacobs? The localization versus urbanization debate," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 318-337, March.
- McCain, Roger A, 1981. "Cultivation of Taste, Catastrophe Theory, and the Demand for Works of Art," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 332-334, May.
- Walter Santagata, 2002. "Cultural Districts, Property Rights and Sustainable Economic Growth," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 9-23, March.
- Pier Luigi Sacco & Alessandro Crociata, 2013. "A Conceptual Regulatory Framework for the Design and Evaluation of Complex, Participative Cultural Planning Strategies," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(5), pages 1688-1706, September.
- Pierre Desrochers, 2001. "Local Diversity, Human Creativity, and Technological Innovation," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 369-394.
- Hans Mommaas, 2004. "Cultural Clusters and the Post-industrial City: Towards the Remapping of Urban Cultural Policy," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(3), pages 507-532, March.
- Frank Moulaert & Hilde Demuynck & Jacques Nussbaumer, 2004. "Urban renaissance: from physical beautification to social empowerment," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 229-235, July.
- Tim Dixon, 2006. "Integrating Sustainability into Brownfield Regeneration: Rhetoric or Reality? -- An Analysis of the UK Development Industry," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 237-267, September.
- Fernando G. Alberti, 2006. "The decline of the industrial district of Como: recession, relocation or reconversion?," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 473-501, November.
- Gloria Parra‐Requena & Francesc Xavier Molina‐Morales & Pedro Manuel García‐Villaverde, 2010. "The Mediating Effect of Cognitive Social Capital on Knowledge Acquisition in Clustered Firms," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 59-84, March.
- Pietro Peretto & Michelle Connolly, 2007. "The Manhattan Metaphor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 329-350, December.
- Kevin Morgan, 1997. "The Learning Region: Institutions, Innovation and Regional Renewal," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 491-503.
- J. Stanley Metcalfe, 2007. "Alfred Marshall's Mecca: Reconciling the Theories of Value and Development," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 83(s1), pages 1-22, September.
- Jamie Peck, 2005. "Struggling with the Creative Class," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 740-770, December.
- Silvia Caserta & Antonio Russo, 2002. "More Means Worse: Asymmetric Information, Spatial Displacement and Sustainable Heritage Tourism," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 26(4), pages 245-260, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:11:p:3923-:d:178882 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Della Lucia, 2014. "La multidimensionalità dello sviluppo locale culture-led. laboratori territoriali di sperimentazione," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(4), pages 85-107.
- Guido Ferilli & Pier Luigi Sacco & Massimo Buscema & Giorgio Tavano Blessi, 2015. "Understanding Cultural Geography as a Pseudo-Diffusion Process: The Case of the Veneto Region," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 1-28, June.
- Niccolò Innocenti & Luciana Lazzeretti, 2018. "Relatedness and growth: The impact of creative industries to the wider economy," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1819, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Apr 2018.
- repec:cog:urbpla:v:4:y:2019:i:1:p:78-90 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:growch:v:44:y:2013:i:4:p:555-570. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0017-4815 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.