Unemployment Benefit, Minimum Wage And Average Salary Earnings In Romania
The existence of a long-run equilibrium between average salary earnings and labour market public institutions, such as unemployment benefit and minimum wage, is checked using ARDL bounds testing procedure. The results pointed out that long-run causality runs from average salary earnings to labour market public institutions and not vice versa. The short-run dynamics are depicted as well.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 10 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitatea Al. I. Cuza; B-dul Carol I nr. 22; Iasi|
Phone: 004 0232 201070
Fax: 004 0232 217000
Web page: http://rebs.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1992. "Estimation and Testing of Cointegrated Systems by an Autoregressive Approximation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 1-27, March.
- G. William Schwert, 1988.
"Tests For Unit Roots: A Monte Carlo Investigation,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0073, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schwert, G William, 2002. "Tests for Unit Roots: A Monte Carlo Investigation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Schwert, G William, 1989. "Tests for Unit Roots: A Monte Carlo Investigation," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(2), pages 147-59, April.
- Andrea Bassanini, 2011.
"Aggregate Earnings and Macroeconomic Shocks: The Role of Labour Market Policies and Institutions,"
OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers
123, OECD Publishing.
- Andrea Bassanini, 2012. "Aggregate Earnings and Macroeconomic Shocks: the Role of Labour Market Policies and Institutions," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 3(3).
- Bassanini, Andrea, 2012. "Aggregate Earnings and Macroeconomic Shocks: The Role of Labour Market Policies and Institutions," IZA Discussion Papers 6918, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161877, December.
- Zvi Eckstein & Suqin Ge & Barbara Petrongolo, 2011. "Job and wage mobility with minimum wages and imperfect compliance," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 580-612, 06.
- Sara lemos, 2004.
"The Effects of the Minimum Wage on Wages, Employment and Prices,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
04/10, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Lemos, Sara, 2004. "The Effects of the Minimum Wage on Wages, Employment and Prices," IZA Discussion Papers 1135, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Albert van der Horst, 2003.
"Structural Estimates of Equilibrium Unemployment in Six OECD Economies,"
Economics Working Papers
022, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Albert van der Horst, 2003. "Structural estimates of equilibrium unemployment in six OECD economies," CPB Discussion Paper 19, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992.
"Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce E. Kaufman, 2010. "Institutional Economics and the Minimum Wage: Broadening the Theoretical and Policy Debate," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 63(3), pages 427-453, April.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1977. "Unemployment Insurance and Job Search Decisions," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(4), pages 505-517, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aic:revebs:y:2012:i:10:enachec. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sireteanu Napoleon-Alexandru)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.