Multiproduct Production Choices And Policy Response
A restricted profit function model of California agriculture is specified and estimated subject to prior information provided by economic theory. Symmetry, homogeneity, and convexity of the profit function are maintained in the estimation. Parameter estimates and elasticities are presented for four input and 10 output equations. Tests of the hypotheses of nonjointness in inputs and Hicks-neutral technical change in variable inputs and outputs are rejected. The impacts of decoupling agricultural program payments are examined.
Volume (Year): 16 (1991)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marc Nerlove, 1979. "The Dynamics of Supply: Retrospect and Prospect," Discussion Papers 394, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Pope, Rulon D. & Hallam, Arne, 1988. "Testing separability of production using flexible functional form profit functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 265-270.
- Jeffrey H. Dorfman & Catherine L. Kling & Richard J. Sexton, 1990.
"Confidence Intervals for Elasticities and Flexibilities: Reevaluating the Ratios of Normals Case,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(4), pages 1006-1017.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Dorfman, Jeffrey & Sexton, Richard, 1990. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticities and Flexibilities: Re-Evaluating the Ratios of Normals Case," Staff General Research Papers 1582, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shumway, C. Richard & Alexander, William P. & Talpaz, Hovav, 1990. "Texas Field Crops: Estimation With Curvature," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(01), July.
- Ramon E. Lopez, 1984. "Estimating Substitution and Expansion Effects Using a Profit Function Framework," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(3), pages 358-367.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, 1.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:wjagec:32610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.