Multiproduct Production Choices And Pesticide Regulation In Georgia
An increasing emphasis on surface and groundwater quality and food safety may result in some form of pesticide regulations. A restricted profit function model of Georgia agriculture is used to examine the short-run effects of 2 and 5 percent reductions in all pesticides. Point estimates of short-run impacts, along with their 90 percent confidence intervals are presented.
Volume (Year): 24 (1992)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Duffy, Patricia A. & Richardson, James W. & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 1987.
"Regional Cotton Acreage Response,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 99-110, July.
- Duffy, Patricia A. & Richardson, James W. & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 1987. "Regional Cotton Acreage Response," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Jeffrey H. Dorfman & Catherine L. Kling & Richard J. Sexton, 1990. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticities and Flexibilities: Reevaluating the Ratios of Normals Case," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(4), pages 1006-1017.
- Kling, Catherine L. & Dorfman, Jeffrey & Sexton, Richard, 1990. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticities and Flexibilities: Re-Evaluating the Ratios of Normals Case," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1582, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ramon E. Lopez, 1984. "Estimating Substitution and Expansion Effects Using a Profit Function Framework," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(3), pages 358-367.
- Pope, Rulon D. & Hallam, Arne, 1988. "Testing separability of production using flexible functional form profit functions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 265-270. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)