Total Factor Productivity Growth and Technical Change in a Profit Function Framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Morrison, Catherine J., 1986.
"Productivity measurement with non-static expectations and varying capacity utilization : An integrated approach,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 51-74.
- Catherine J. Morrison, 1985. "Productivity Measurement with Nonstatic Expectations and Varying Capacity Utilization: An Integrated Approach," NBER Working Papers 1561, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nadiri, M. Ishaq & Prucha, Ingmar R., 1990.
"Dynamic factor demand models, productivity measurement, and rates of return: Theory and an empirical application to the US Bell System,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 263-289, December.
- M. Ishaq Nadiri & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1989. "Dynamic Factor Demand Models, Productivity Measurement, and Rates of Return: Theory and an Empirical Application to the U.S. Bell System," NBER Working Papers 3041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Panos Fousekis & Aspasia Papakonstantinou, 1997. "Economic Capacity Utilisation And Productivity Growth In Greek Agriculture," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 38-51.
- Hulten, Charles R., 1986. "Productivity change, capacity utilization, and the sources of efficiency growth," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 31-50.
- Wallace E. Huffman & Robert E. Evenson, 1989.
"Supply and Demand Functions for Multiproduct U.S. Cash Grain Farms: Biases Caused by Research and Other Policies,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(3), pages 761-773.
- Huffman, Wallace & Evenson, Robert E., 1989. "Supply and Demand Functions for Multiproduct U.S. Cash Grain Farms: Biases Caused by Research and Other Policies," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10985, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bernstein, Jeffrey I, 1994.
"Exports, Margins and Productivity Growth: With an Application to the Canadian Softwood Lumber Industry,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 291-301, May.
- Bernstein, J.I., 1992. "Exports, Margins and Productivity Growth: with an Application to the Canadian Softwood Lumber Industry," Working Papers 92-23, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Diewert, W. E., 1973. "Functional forms for profit and transformation functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 284-316, June.
- Capalbo, Susan Marie, 1988. "Measuring The Components Of Aggregate Productivity Growth In U.S. Agriculture," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(01), July.
- Charles R. Hulten, 1978. "Growth Accounting with Intermediate Inputs," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(3), pages 511-518.
- Lopez, Ramon E., 1982. "Applications Of Duality Theory To Agriculture," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 7(02), December.
- V. Eldon Ball, 1988. "Modeling Supply Response in a Multiproduct Framework," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 70(4), pages 813-825.
- Lynde, Catherine & Richmond, J, 1993. "Public Capital and Total Factor Productivity," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(2), pages 401-414, May.
- T.S. Jayne & Thomas Reardon & Yougesh Khatri & Colin Thirtle, 1994. "Determinants of Productivity Change Using a Profit Function: Smallholder Agriculture in Zimbabwe," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 613-618.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "The Economic Theory of Index Numbers and the Measurement of Input, Output, and Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1393-1414, November.
- Cox, Thomas L & Chavas, Jean-Paul, 1990. "A Nonparametric Analysis of Productivity: The Case of U.S. Agriculture," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 17(4), pages 449-464.
- Gerald Granderson, 1997. "Parametric analysis of cost inefficiency and the decomposition of productivity growth for regulated firms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 339-348.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Swanson, Joseph A, 1981. "Productivity Growth, Scale Economies, and Capacity Utilization in U.S. Railroads, 1955-74," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 994-1002.
- Callan, Scott J, 1991. "The Sensitivity of Productivity Growth Measures to Alternative Structural and Behavioral Assumptions: An Application to Electric Utilities, 1951-1984," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(2), pages 207-213, April.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Coelli, T J, 1996. "Measurement of Total Factor Productivity Growth and Biases in Technological Change in Western Australian Agriculture," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 77-91, Jan.-Feb..
- Jean-Paul Chavas & Thomas L. Cox, 1994.
"A Primal-Dual Approach to Nonparametric Productivity Analysis: the Case of U.S. Agriculture,"
Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers
372, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Jean-Paul CHAVAS & Thomas L. COX, 1994. "A Primal-Dual Approach To Nonparametric Productivity Analysis: The Case Of U.S. Agriculture," Staff Papers 372, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- Morrison, Catherine J, 1992. "Unraveling the Productivity Growth Slowdown in the United States, Canada and Japan: The Effects of Subequilibrium, Scale Economies and Markups," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 381-393, August.
- C. Richard Shumway, 1983. "Supply, Demand, and Technology in a Multiproduct Industry: Texas Field Crops," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(4), pages 748-760.
- V. Eldon Ball & Jean-Christophe Bureau & Richard Nehring & Agapi Somwaru, 1997. "Agricultural Productivity Revisited," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1045-1063.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Glass, Anthony J. & Kenjegalieva, Karligash & Sickles, Robin C. & Weyman-Jones, Thomas, 2016. "The Spatial Efficiency Multiplier and Random Effects in Spatial Stochastic Frontier Models," Working Papers 16-002, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Fox, Kevin J. & Grafton, R. Quentin & Kirkley, James & Squires, Dale, 2003.
"Property rights in a fishery: regulatory change and firm performance,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 156-177, July.
- Kevin J. Fox & R. Quentin Grafton & James Kirkley & Dale Squires, 2002. "Property Rights in a Fishery: Regulatory Change and Firm Performance," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0205, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Azzeddine Azzam & Rigoberto Lopez & Elena Lopez, 2004. "Imperfect Competition and Total Factor Productivity Growth," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, pages 173-184.
- Daniel Schunk & Bruce Hannon, 2004. "Impacts of a carbon tax policy on Illinois grain farms: a dynamic simulation study," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 6(3), pages 221-247, September.
- He, Yan-Qun & Chan, Lai-Kow & Wu, Ming-Lu, 2007. "Balancing productivity and consumer satisfaction for profitability: Statistical and fuzzy regression analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(1), pages 252-263, January.
- Rolf Färe & Giannis Karagiannis, 2014. "Radial and directional measures of the rate of technical change," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 183-199, June.
More about this item
KeywordsTFP measurement and decomposition; profit function; technical change;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:14:y:2000:i:1:p:31-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .