Cost-Effectiveness of Alternative Environmental Policies for Reducing Non-Point Source Pollution in Public Water Supplies
This study predicts farmers' response to policy alternatives aimed at alleviating non-point source pollution problems in a municipal water supply in Pike County, Illinois. The framework integrated simulation models with optimization models of the watershed to assess environmental policies. Results show how farmers are likely to alter agricultural management practices.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Braden, John B. & Larson, Robert S. & Herricks, Edwin E., 1990.
"Impact Targets versus Discharge Standards in Agricultural Pollution Management,"
1990 Conference (34th), February 13-15, 1990, Brisbane, Australia
144912, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- John B. Braden & Robert S. Larson & Edwin E. Herricks, 1991. "Impact Targets versus Discharge Standards in Agricultural Pollution Management," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(2), pages 388-397.
- Segerson, Kathleen, 1988. "Uncertainty and incentives for nonpoint pollution control," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 87-98, March.
- Heimlich, Ralph E. & Ogg, Clayton W., 1982. "Evaluation of soil-erosion and pesticide-exposure control strategies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 279-288, September.
- Liu, Shiping & Carlson, Gerald A. & Hoag, Dana L., 1995. "Trade-Off Analysis of Herbicide Withdrawals on Agricultural Production and Groundwater," Staff General Research Papers Archive 871, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Taylor, C. Robert & Penson, John B., Jr. & Smith, Edward G. & Knutson, Ronald D., 1991. "Economic Impacts Of Chemical Use Reduction On The South," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Braden, J.B. & Johnson, G.V., 1985. "Efficiency of Sediment Control Policies," Illinois Agricultural Economics Staff Paper 244644, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaso:35297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.