Cost-Effectiveness of Alternative Environmental Policies for Reducing Non-Point Source Pollution in Public Water Supplies
This study predicts farmers' response to policy alternatives aimed at alleviating non-point source pollution problems in a municipal water supply in Pike County, Illinois. The framework integrated simulation models with optimization models of the watershed to assess environmental policies. Results show how farmers are likely to alter agricultural management practices.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John B. Braden & Robert S. Larson & Edwin E. Herricks, 1991.
"Impact Targets versus Discharge Standards in Agricultural Pollution Management,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(2), pages 388-397.
- Braden, John B. & Larson, Robert S. & Herricks, Edwin E., 1990. "Impact Targets versus Discharge Standards in Agricultural Pollution Management," 1990 Conference (34th), February 13-15, 1990, Brisbane, Australia 144912, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Braden, J.B. & Johnson, G.V., 1985. "Efficiency of Sediment Control Policies," Illinois Agricultural Economics Staff Paper 244644, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
- Segerson, Kathleen, 1988. "Uncertainty and incentives for nonpoint pollution control," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 87-98, March.
- Taylor, C. Robert & Penson, John B., Jr. & Smith, Edward G. & Knutson, Ronald D., 1991. "Economic Impacts Of Chemical Use Reduction On The South," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Heimlich, Ralph E. & Ogg, Clayton W., 1982. "Evaluation of soil-erosion and pesticide-exposure control strategies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 279-288, September.
- Liu, Shiping & Carlson, Gerald A. & Hoag, Dana L., 1995. "Trade-Off Analysis of Herbicide Withdrawals on Agricultural Production and Groundwater," Staff General Research Papers Archive 871, Iowa State University, Department of Economics. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saeaso:35297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.