The Effect of Off-farm Work on the Intensity of Agricultural Production
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gilchrist, Simon & Himmelberg, Charles P., 1995.
"Evidence on the role of cash flow for investment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 541-572, December.
- Simon Gilchrist & Charles P. Himmelberg, 1993. "Evidence on the role of cash flow for investment," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-7, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Simon Gilchrist & Charles P. Himmelberg, 1995. "Evidence on the Role of Cash Flow for Investment," Working Papers 95-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Gilchrist, S. & Himmelberg, C.P., 1995. "Evidence on the Role of Cash Flow for Investment," Papers 95-29, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Huffman, Wallace E., 1991. "Agricultural Household Models: Survey and Critique," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11008, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- JunJie Wu & Bruce A. Babcock & P. G. Lakshminarayan, 1996.
"Choice of Tillage, Rotation, and Soil Testing Practices: Economic and Environmental Implications, The,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
96-wp161, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Wu, JunJie & Babcock, Bruce A., 1998. "Choice of Tillage, Rotation, and Soil Testing Practices: Economic and Environmental Implications (The)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 979, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Vella, Francis & Verbeek, Marno, 1999.
"Two-step estimation of panel data models with censored endogenous variables and selection bias,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 239-263, June.
- Vella, F. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 1999. "Two-step estimation of panel data models with censored endogenous variables and selection bias," Other publications TiSEM 5aad87bc-25d1-49bc-882b-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Joyce Willock & Ian J. Deary & Gareth Edwards-Jones & Gavin J. Gibson & Murray J. McGregor & Alistair Sutherland & J. Barry Dent & Oliver Morgan & Robert Grieve, 1999. "The Role of Attitudes and Objectives in Farmer Decision Making: Business and Environmentally-Oriented Behaviour in Scotland," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 286-303.
- Madior Fall & Thierry Magnac, 2004. "How Valuable Is On-Farm Work to Farmers?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 267-281.
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & Li, Jiayi, 2005. "The Impacts of Adopting Genetically Engineered Crops in the USA: The Case of Bt Corn," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19318, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mishra, Ashok K. & El-Osta, Hisham S. & Morehart, Mitchell J. & Johnson, James D. & Hopkins, Jeffrey W., 2002. "Income, Wealth, And The Economic Well-Being Of Farm Households," Agricultural Economics Reports 33967, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, May.
- Madior Fall & Thierry Magnac, 2002. "How Valuable is On-Farm Work to Farmers ?," Working Papers 2002-35, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Lopez, Ramon E., 1984. "Estimating labor supply and production decisions of self-employed farm producers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 61-82.
- P. Dupraz & D. Vermersch & B. De Frahan & L. Delvaux, 2003. "The Environmental Supply of Farm Households: A Flexible Willingness to Accept Model," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 25(2), pages 171-189, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:498-:d:131701 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laure Latruffe & Stefan Mann, 2009. "Another look at the distribution of direct payments: The link with part-time farming," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 09-02, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:186:d:64186 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Chang, Hung-Hao, 2012. "Can off farm employment affect the privatization of social safety net? The case of self-employed farm households," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 94-101.
- Chang, Hung-Hao & Wen, Fang-I, 2008. "Off-farm Work, Technical Efficiency, and Production Risk: Empirical Evidence from a National Farmer Survey in Taiwan," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6164, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Lien, Gudbrand D. & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Hardaker, J. Brian, 2008. "Determinants Of Part-Time Farming And Its Effect On Farm Productivity And Efficiency," 107th Seminar, January 30-February 1, 2008, Sevilla, Spain 6701, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Erik Biørn & Hild-Marte Bjørnsen, 2015.
"What motivates farm couples to seek off-farm labour? A logit analysis of job transitions,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 42(2), pages 339-365.
- Biørn, Erik & Bjørnsen, Hild-Marte, 2013. "What Motivates Farm Couples to Seek Off-farm Labour? A Logit Analysis of Job Transitions," Memorandum 09/2013, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Bjornsen, Hild-Marte & Mishra, Ashok K., 2012. "Off-farm Employment and Farming Efficiency in Modern Agriculture: A Dynamic Panel Analysis," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124742, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Pandit, Mahesh & Paudel, Krishna P. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2013. "Do Agricultural Subsidies Affect the Labor Allocation Decision? Comparing Parametric and Semiparametric Methods," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(1), April.
- Chang, Hung-Hao & Mishra, Ashok K. & Livingston, Michael, 2011. "Agricultural policy and its impact on fuel usage: Empirical evidence from farm household analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 348-353, January.
- Li Jiang & Zhihui Li, 2016. "Urbanization and the Change of Fertilizer Use Intensity for Agricultural Production in Henan Province," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-12, February.
- Kousar, Rakhshanda & Abdulai, Awudu, 2014. "Impact of non-farm work and land tenancy contracts on soil conservation measures," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 170522, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Gedikoglu, Haluk & McCann, Laura M.J. & Artz, Georgeanne M., 2011. "Off-Farm Employment Effects on Adoption of Nutrient Management Practices," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 40(2), August.
- Adebayo Shittu, 2014. "Off-farm labour supply and production efficiency of farm household in rural Southwest Nigeria," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Chang, Hung-Hao & Boisvert, Richard N., 2009. "Does Participation in the Conservation Reserve Program and/or Off-Farm Work Affect the Level and Distribution of Farm Household Income?," Working Papers 57035, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Chang, Hung-Hao & Boisvert, Richard N., 2009. "The Conservation Reserve Program, Off-Farm Work, and Farm Household Technical Efficiencies," Working Papers 57034, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- repec:bla:deveco:v:55:y:2017:i:1:p:3-22 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscrop protection; farm household model; fertilizer; input intensity; multifunctionality; off-farm work; panel; Q53; Q12; Q24;
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:34:y:2006:i:4:p:493-515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .