Trait Stacking, Licensing, and Seed Firm Acquisitions on Genetically Modified Grains: A Strategic Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Huso, Scott R. & Wilson, William W., 2005. "Strategic Analysis Of Trait Commercialization In Genetically Modified (Gm) Grains: The Case Of Gm Wheat," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 23632, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & Scotchmer, Suzanne & Simon, Leo K., 1999. "Intellectual Property and Market Structure in Agriculture," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt70j206tr, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Derek Berwald & Colin A. Carter & Guillaume P. Gruère, 2006. "Rejecting New Technology: The Case of Genetically Modified Wheat," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(2), pages 432-447.
- Lapan, Harvey E & Moschini, Giancarlo, 2000.
"Incomplete Adoption of a Superior Innovation,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(268), pages 525-542, November.
- LAPAN, HARVEY E & Moschini, GianCarlo, 1999. "Incomplete Adoption of a Superior Innovation," ISU General Staff Papers 199908010700001324, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Moschini, GianCarlo, 2000. "Incomplete Adoption of a Superior Innovation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1738, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Wilson, William W. & Janzen, Edward L. & Dahl, Bruce L. & Wachenheim, Cheryl J., 2003. "Issues In Development And Adoption Of Genetically Modified (Gm) Wheats," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 23497, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas G. & Hayenga, Marvin L., 2000. "Structural Change In The Biotechnology And Seed Industrial Complex: Theory And Evidence," Proceedings:Transitions in Agbiotech: Economics of Strategy and Policy, June 24-25, 1999, Washington, D.C. 26026, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- S. Baranzoni & P. Bianchi & L. Lambertini, 2000. "Multiproduct Firms, Product Differentiation, and Market Structure," Working Papers 368, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Wilson, William W. & Huso, Scott R., 2006. "Producer Surplus Distributions in GM Crops: The Ignored Impacts of Roundup Ready Wheat," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(02), August.
- Diana M. Burton & H. Alan Love & Gokhan Ozertan & Curtis R. Taylor, 2005. "Property Rights Protection of Biotechnology Innovations," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 779-812, December.
- Nganje, William E. & Johnson, D. Demcey & Wilson, William W. & Leistritz, F. Larry & Bangsund, Dean A. & Tiapo, Napoleon M., 2001. "Economic Impacts Of Fusarium Head Blight In Wheat And Barley: 1998-2000," Agribusiness & Applied Economics Report 23515, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Johnson, D. Demcey & Lin, William & Vocke, Gary, 2005. "Economic and welfare impacts of commercializing a herbicide-tolerant, biotech wheat," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 162-184, April.
- Lence, Sergio H. & Hayes, Dermot J. & McCunn, Alan & Smith, Stephen & Niebur, William S., 2005. "Welfare Impacts of Intellectual Property Protection in the Seed Industry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12434, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Matin Qaim & Alain de Janvry, 2003. "Genetically Modified Crops, Corporate Pricing Strategies, and Farmers' Adoption: The Case of Bt Cotton in Argentina," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 814-828.
- Furtan, William Hartley & Gray, Richard S. & Holzman, J.J., 2005. "Regulatory Approval Decisions in the Presence of Market Externalities: The Case of Genetically Modified Wheat," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(01), April.
- Lemarie, Stephane & Ramani, Shyama, 2003. "Analysis Of The Vertical Relationships Between Seed And Biotech Companies," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22041, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsAcquisition; Game theory; Genetically modified; Licensing; Trait commercialization; Trait stacking; Crop Production/Industries; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:46560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.