Comparison Of Liquidity Costs Between The Kansas City And Chicago Wheat Futures Contracts
The objectives of this study were to: (a) quantify differences in liquidity costs between Kansas City and Chicago wheat futures contracts, and (b) identify the factors which influence liquidity in these two markets. Regression results suggest that there are significant differences in liquidity costs between Chicago and Kansas City which are in part due to the lower trading volume at Kansas City. However, there appears to be a significantly higher cost of doing business at Kansas City which is independent of trading volume. The implications of these findings to traders is that transacting is more expensive in Kansas City than in Chicago.
Volume (Year): 18 (1993)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://waeaonline.org/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thompson, S. & Waller, M.L., 1988. "Determinants Of Liquidity Costs In Commodity Furures Markets," Papers 172, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Wilson, William W., 1982. "Hedging Effectiveness of U.S. Wheat Futures Markets," Agricultural Economics Reports 23215, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Seha M. Tinic, 1972. "The Economics of Liquidity Services," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 86(1), pages 79-93.
- George, Thomas J & Kaul, Gautam & Nimalendran, M, 1991. "Estimation of the Bid-Ask Spread and Its Components: A New Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 623-56.
- Thompson, S.R. & Liu, S.M., 1991. "The Price Adjustment Process and Efficiency of Grain Futures Markets Implied by return Series of Various Time Intervals," Papers 216, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Shah, Samarth & Brorsen, B. Wade & Anderson, Kim B., 2009. "Liquidity Costs in Futures Options Markets," 2009 Conference, April 20-21, 2009, St. Louis, Missouri 53047, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:30965. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.