Markets: Beer in Germany and the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Slade, Margaret E, 1998. "Beer and the Tie: Did Divestiture of Brewer-Owned Public Houses Lead to Higher Beer Prices?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(448), pages 565-602, May.
- Jon Nelson, 2005. "Beer Advertising and Marketing Update: Structure, Conduct, and Social Costs," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 26(3), pages 269-306, December.
- Porter, Michael E, 1976. "Interbrand Choice, Media Mix and Market Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 398-406, May.
- Muller, Jurgen, 1976. "The Impact of Mergers on Concentration: A Study of Eleven West German Industries," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 113-132, December.
- Newman, Howard H, 1978. "Strategic Groups and the Structure-Performance Relationship," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(3), pages 417-427, August.
- Kenneth Elzinga & Anthony Swisher, 2005. "The Supreme Court and Beer Mergers: From Pabst/Blatz to the DOJ–FTC Merger Guidelines," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 26(3), pages 245-267, December.
- Sass, Tim R & Saurman, David S, 1996.
"Efficiency Effects of Exclusive Territories: Evidence from the Indiana Beer Market,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 597-615, July.
- Sass, T. & Saurman, D.S., 1993. "Efficiency Effects of Exclusive Territories: Evidence from the Indiana Beer Market," Working Papers 1993_09_03, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Pinkse, Joris & Slade, Margaret E., 2004. "Mergers, brand competition, and the price of a pint," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 617-643, June.
- Margaret E. Slade, 2004. "Market Power and Joint Dominance in U.K. Brewing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 133-163, March.
- Adams, William James, 1980. "Producer-Concentration as a Proxy for Seller-Concentration: Some Evidence from the World Automotive Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 185-202, December.
- Sass, Tim R & Saurman, David S, 1993. "Mandated Exclusive Territories and Economic Efficiency: An Empirical Analysis of the Malt-Beverage Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 153-177, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:anr:reseco:v:10:y:2018:p:105-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kym Anderson & Giulia Meloni & Johan Swinnen, 2018.
"Global Alcohol Markets: Evolving Consumption Patterns, Regulations, and Industrial Organizations,"
Annual Review of Resource Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 10(1), pages 105-132, October.
- Kym Anderson & Giulia Meloni & Johan Swinnen, 2018. "Global Alcohol Markets: Evolving Consumption Patterns, Regulations and Industrial Organizations," Departmental Working Papers 2018-09, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Anderson, Kym & Meloni, Giulia & Swinnen, Johan, 2018. "Global Alcohol Markets: Evolving Consumption Patterns, Regulations and Industrial Organizations," CEPR Discussion Papers 12758, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kym Anderson & Giulia Meloni & Johan Swinnen, 2018. "Global Alcohol Markets: Evolving Consumption Patterns, Regulations and Industrial Organizations," LICOS Discussion Papers 40118, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Natsuko Iwasaki & Barry Seldon & Victor Tremblay, 2008. "Brewing Wars of Attrition for Profit (and Concentration)," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 33(4), pages 263-279, December.
- Simon Pröll & Giannis Karagiannis & Klaus Salhofer, 2019. "Advertising and Markups: The Case of the German Brewing Industry," Working Papers 732019, Institute for Sustainable Economic Development, Department of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna.
- Madsen, Erik S. & Pedersen, Kurt & Lund-Thomsen, Lars, 2012. "Effects of the M&A Wave in the Global Brewing Industry 2000-2010," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 61(4).
- Satish Y. Deodhar & Vivek Pandey, 2008.
"Degree of Instant Competition! Estimation of Market Power in India’s Instant Coffee Market,"
Indian Economic Review,
Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 253-264, December.
- Deodhar, Satish Y. & Pandey Vivek, 2006. "Degree of Instant Competition: Estimation of Market Power in India Instant Coffee Market," IIMA Working Papers WP2006-10-02, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Ramit Mehta & Dirk Schiereck, 2012. "The Consolidation Of The Global Brewing Industry And Wealth Effects From Mergers And Acquisitions," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 6(3), pages 67-87.
- repec:ags:aolpei:254029 is not listed on IDEAS
- Empen, Janine & Glauben, Thomas & Loy, Jens-Peter, 2012. "Spatial Retail Pricing Strategies For Beer In Germany," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137150, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Loretz, Simon & Oberhofer, Harald, 2014. "When Helping the Small Hurts the Middle: Beer Excise Duties and Market Concentration," Working Papers in Economics 2014-5, University of Salzburg.
- Erik Strøjer Madsen & Yanqing Wu, 2014. "Globalization of Brewing and Economies of Scale," Economics Working Papers 2014-23, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- repec:ags:gjagec:199783 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dreyer, Heiko & Fedoseeva, Svetlana & Herrmann, Roland, 2016. "Gravity Meets Pricing To Market: What A Combinedmethod Approach Tells Us On German Beer Exports," Working Papers 234640, American Association of Wine Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:20:y:2006:i:1:p:189-205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.