Limiting Buyer Discretion: Effects on Performance and Price in Long-Term Contracts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joskow, Paul L, 1988.
"Price Adjustment in Long-term Contracts: The Case of Coal,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(1), pages 47-83, April.
- Paul L. Joskow, 1987. "Price Adjustment in Long Term Contracts: The Case of Coal," Working papers 444, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Bond, Eric W, 1982. "A Direct Test of the "Lemons" Model: The Market for Used Pickup Trucks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 836-840, September.
- Orley Ashenfelter & David Ashmore & Randall Filer, 1997. "Contract Form and Procurement Costs: The Impact of Compulsory Multiple Contractor Laws in Construction," NBER Working Papers 5916, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masten, Scott E, 1988. "Minimum Bill Contracts: Theory and Policy," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(1), pages 85-97, September.
- Victor P. Goldberg, 1977. "Competitive Bidding and the Production of Precontract Information," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(1), pages 250-261, Spring.
- Masten, Scott E & Crocker, Keith J, 1985. "Efficient Adaptation in Long-term Contracts: Take-or-Pay Provisions for Natural Gas," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1083-1093, December.
- Robert C. Marshall & Michael J. Meurer & Jean-Francois Richard, 1994. "Curbing Agency Problems in the Procurement Process by Protest Oversight," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 297-318, Summer.
- Greenstein, Shane, 1993. "Procedural Rules and Procurement Regulations: Complexity Creates Trade-offs," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 159-180, April.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1991. "Auction design and favoritism," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 9-42, March.
- William P. Rogerson, 1994. "Economic Incentives and the Defense Procurement Process," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 65-90, Fall.
- Spulber, Daniel F, 1990. "Auctions and Contract Enforcement," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 325-344, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Decarolis, Francesco & Palumbo, Giuliana, 2015. "Renegotiation of public contracts: An empirical analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 77-81.
- Stefano Galavotti & Luigi Moretti & Paola Valbonesi, 2014.
"Sophisticated Bidders In Beauty-Contest Auctions,"
"Marco Fanno" Working Papers
0187, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Stefano Galavotti & Luigi Moretti & Paola Valbonesi, 2017. "Sophisticated Bidders in Beauty-Contest Auctions," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 17003, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Stefano Galavotti & Luigi Moretti & Paola Valbonesi, 2017. "Sophisticated Bidders in Beauty-Contest Auctons," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01440891, HAL.
- Stefano Galavotti & Luigi Moretti, & Paola Valbonesi, 2017. "Sophisticated Bidders in Beauty-Contest Auctions," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01619040, HAL.
- Ari Hyytinen & Sofia Lundberg & Otto Toivanen, 2015.
" Design of public procurement auctions: Evidence from cleaning contracts,"
Working Papers Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI)
483670, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (MSI).
- Hyytinen, Ari & Lundberg, Sofia & Toivanen, Otto, 2016. "Design of Public Procurement Auctions: Evidence from Cleaning Contracts," CEPR Discussion Papers 11708, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Koning, Pierre & van de Meerendonk, Arthur, 2014.
"The impact of scoring weights on price and quality outcomes: An application to the procurement of Welfare-to-Work contracts,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 1-14.
- Koning, Pierre & van de Meerendonk, Arthur, 2012. "The Impact of Scoring Weights on Price and Quality Outcomes: An Application to the Procurement of Welfare-to-Work Contracts," IZA Discussion Papers 7116, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pierre Koning & Arthur van de Meerendonk, 2013. "The Impact of Scoring Weights on Price and Quality Outcomes: An Application to the Procurement of Welfare-to-Work Contracts," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-066/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Francesco Corielli & Stefano Gatti & Alessandro Steffanoni, 2010. "Risk Shifting through Nonfinancial Contracts: Effects on Loan Spreads and Capital Structure of Project Finance Deals," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(7), pages 1295-1320, October.
- Eduardo Engel & Ronald Fischer & Alexander Galetovic, 2009. "Public-Private Partnerships: when and how," Documentos de Trabajo 257, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Eduardo Engel & Ronald Fischer & Alexander Galetovic, 2004. "Soft Budgets And Highway Franchising," Documentos de Trabajo 176, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
More about this item
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:90:y:2000:i:1:p:265-281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.