The Conduct of Monetary Policy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Economic Society in its journal The Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 99 (1989)
Issue (Month): 396 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Office of the Secretary-General, School of Economics and Finance, University of St. Andrews, St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AL, UK
Phone: +44 1334 462479
Web page: http://www.res.org.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. W. Hafer & Scott E. Hein, 1982. "Financial innovations and the interest elasticity of money demand: some historical evidence," Working Papers 1982-011, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Mervyn K. Lewis & Kevin T. Davis, 1987. "Domestic and International Banking," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121263, June.
- Laidler, D., 1988. "Monetarism, Microfoundations And The Theory Of Monetary Policy," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 8807c, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Poole, William, 1982. "Federal Reserve Operating Procedures: A Survey and Evaluation of the Historical Record since October 1979," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 575-96, November.
- Leroy O. Laney, 1985. "An International Comparison Of Experiences With Monetary Targeting: A Reaction Function Approach," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 3(5), pages 99-112, 09.
- R. W. Hafer & Scott E. Hein & Clemens J.M. Kool, 1983. "Forecasting the money multiplier: implications for money stock control and economic activity," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 22-33.
- Kevin Clinton & Jean-Claude Chouraqui, 1987. "Monetary Policy in the Second Half of the 1980s: How Much Room for Manoeuvre?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 39, OECD Publishing.
- Williamson, Stephen D, 1987. "Financial Intermediation, Business Failures, and Real Business Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(6), pages 1196-1216, December.
- Gerald Holtham & Giles Keating & Peter Spencer, 1990. "The demand for liquid assets in Germany and the United Kingdom," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 207-271.
- Meir Kohn, 1988. "The Finance Constraint Theory of Money: A Progress Report," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_5, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Laidler, David, 1984. "The 'Buffer Stock' Notion in Monetary Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(376a), pages 17-34, Supplemen.
- Taylor, Mark P, 1987. "Financial Innovation, Inflation and the Stability of the Demand for Broad Money in the United Kingdom," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 225-33, July.
- Laidler, David & Bentley, Brian, 1983. "A Small Macro-Model of the Post-War United States," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 51(4), pages 317-40, December.
- Adrian Blundell-Wignall & Susan Thorp, 1987. "Money Demand, Own Interest Rates and Deregulation," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp8703, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Ireland, Jonathan & Wren-Lewis, Simon, 1992. "Buffer Stock Money and the Company Sector," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(2), pages 209-31, April.
- Dutkowsky, Donald H & Foote, William G, 1988. "The Demand for Money: A Rational Expectations Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 83-92, February.
- Axilrod, Stephen H & Lindsey, David E, 1981. "Federal Reserve System Implementation of Monetary Policy: Analytical Foundations of the New Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 246-52, May.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1981. "Some properties of time series data and their use in econometric model specification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 121-130, May.
- Jean-Claude Chouraqui & Michael Driscoll & Marc-Olivier Strauss-Kahn, 1988. "The Effects of Monetary Policy on the Real Sector: An Overview of Empirical Evidence for Selected OECD Economies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 51, OECD Publishing.
- Laidler, David, 1986. "What Do We Really Know about Monetary Policy?," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(46), pages 1-16, June.
- Black, Stanley W, 1982. "The Effects of Alternative Monetary Control Procedures on Exchange Rates and Output," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 746-60, November.
- Laidler, D., 1988.
"Taking Money Seriously,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
8804, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867-1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1, December.
- Moore, Basil J & Threadgold, Andrew R, 1985. "Corporate Bank Borrowing in the UK, 1965-1981," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 52(205), pages 65-78, February.
- Chowdhury, Gopa & Green, Christopher & Miles, David, 1994. "U.K. Companies' Short-Term Financial Decisions: Evidence from Company Accounts Data," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 62(4), pages 395-411, December.
- Bryant, Ralph C, 1982. "Federal Reserve Control of the Money Stock," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 597-625, November.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.