Domestic and International Banking
AbstractThis text provides a modern statement of the theory and practice of domestic and international banking and finance. Today, banks are no longer limited to retail deposit-taking and lending operations; they engage in wholesale banking activities, off-balance sheet business, and activities beyond domestic markets. The principles of all these types of bank services are lucidly discussed. Separate chapters provide general background on payments systems, Eurocurrency markets, bank safety and depositor protection. The authors' conception is unique in providing a comparative study in a geographical sense (they deal with banking in the U.S., Britain, and Australia) and in an institutional sense, tracing parallels between operations of banks and other financial institutions, particularly insurance companies. With the growing impact of financial innovations and the internationalization of financial markets, Domestic and International Banking is the innovative text needed for courses on monetary and banking policy and on capital markets and financial institutions.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The MIT Press in its series MIT Press Books with number 0262121263 and published in 1987.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://mitpress.mit.edu
banks; United States; Britain; Australia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goodhart, Charles, 1989. "The Conduct of Monetary Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(396), pages 293-346, June.
- John Holland, 2010. "Banks, knowledge and crisis: a case of knowledge and learning failure," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 87-105, May.
- Fadzlan Sufian, 2012. "Determinants of multinational banks’ subsidiary performance: the host and home country effects," Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 130-155, August.
- Brealey, R. A. & Kaplanis, E. C., 1996. "The determination of foreign banking location," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 577-597, August.
- Angermüller, Niels Olaf, 2000. "Währungskrisenmodelle aus neuerer Sicht," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 8, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Molyneux, Philip & Nguyen, Linh H. & Xie, Ru, 2013. "Foreign bank entry in South East Asia," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 26-35.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Furbush).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.