Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA)
IZA Discussion Papers
- 9841 Politics in the Family: Nepotism and the Hiring Decisions of Italian Firms
by Gagliarducci, Stefano & Manacorda, Marco
- 9840 Wellbeing Evidence for the Assessment of Progress
by Anand, Paul & Roope, Laurence & Peichl, Andreas
- 9839 Inheritance and Wealth Inequality: Evidence from Population Registers
by Elinder, Mikael & Erixson, Oscar & Waldenström, Daniel
- 9838 Sorting around the Discontinuity Threshold: The Case of a Neighbourhood Investment Programme
by Gerritsen, Sander & Webbink, Dinand & ter Weel, Bas
- 9837 Residential Segregation from Generation to Generation: Intergenerational Association in Socio-Spatial Context among Visible Minorities and the Majority Population in Metropolitan Sweden
by Gustafsson, Björn Anders & Katz, Katarina & Österberg, Torun
- 9836 Education as a Tool for the Economic Integration of Migrants
by De Paola, Maria & Brunello, Giorgio
- 9835 Use It or Lose It: Irish Evidence
by Mosca, Irene & Wright, Robert E.
- 9834 Does Postponing Minimum Retirement Age Improve Healthy Behaviours Before Retirement? Evidence from Middle-Aged Italian Workers
by Bertoni, Marco & Brunello, Giorgio & Mazzarella, Gianluca
- 9833 Uptake of Health Insurance and the Productive Safety Net Program in Rural Ethiopia
by Shigute, Zemzem & Mebratie, Anagaw Derseh & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 9832 Beyond Job Lock: Impacts of Public Health Insurance on Occupational and Industrial Mobility
by Farooq, Ammar & Kugler, Adriana
- 9831 The Effect of Medical Marijuana Laws on Labor Market Outcomes
by Sabia, Joseph J. & Nguyen, Thanh Tam
- 9830 Child Access Prevention Laws, Youth Gun Carrying, and School Shootings
by Anderson, D. Mark & Sabia, Joseph J.
- 9829 Sleepwalking through School: New Evidence on Sleep and Academic Performance
by Wang, Kurt & Sabia, Joseph J. & Cesur, Resul
- 9828 Clans, Guilds, and Markets: Apprenticeship Institutions and Growth in the Pre-Industrial Economy
by de la Croix, David & Doepke, Matthias & Mokyr, Joel
- 9827 Who Gained from the Introduction of Free Universal Secondary Education in England and Wales?
by Hart, Robert A. & Moro, Mirko & Roberts, J. Elizabeth
- 9826 The Effect of University Attended on Graduates' Labour Market Prospects: A Field Study of Great Britain
by Drydakis, Nick
- 9825 The Market for Paid Sick Leave
by Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut
- 9824 Moral-Hazard-Free First-Best Unemployment Insurance
by Parsons, Donald O.
- 9823 The Simple Analytics of Job Displacement Insurance
by Parsons, Donald O.
- 9822 Labour Supply after Inheritances and the Role of Expectations
by Doorley, Karina & Pestel, Nico
- 9821 Taxing Pensions
by Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre
- 9820 Estimating the Size of the Shadow Economy: Methods, Problems and Open Questions
by Schneider, Friedrich & Buehn, Andreas
- 9819 Old‐Age Employment and Hours of Work Trends: Empirical Analysis for Four European Countries
by Aliaj, Arjeta & Flawinne, Xavier & Jousten, Alain & Perelman, Sergio & Shi, Lin
- 9818 Working-Time Mismatch and Mental Health
by Otterbach, Steffen & Wooden, Mark & Fok, Yin King
- 9817 Is European Entrepreneurship in Crisis?
by Naudé, Wim
- 9816 Business Cycle Asymmetries and the Labor Market
by Kohlbrecher, Britta & Merkl, Christian
- 9815 Revisiting Okun's Relationship
by Dixon, Robert & Lim, Guay C. & van Ours, Jan C.
- 9814 Good Jobs, Bad Jobs: What's Trade Got To Do With It?
by Lake, James & Millimet, Daniel L.
- 9813 Does Less Wage Compression Lead to Less Training in Germany? An Expansion of Acemoglu and Pischke's Model of Training in Imperfect Labor Markets
by Neubäumer, Renate
- 9812 Crime, the Criminal Justice System, and Socioeconomic Inequality
by Lofstrom, Magnus & Raphael, Steven
- 9811 Energy Boom and Gloom? Local Effects of Oil and Natural Gas Drilling on Subjective Well-Being
by Maguire, Karen & Winters, John V.
- 9810 Heterogeneous Effects of Medical Interventions on the Health of Low-Risk Newborns
by Daysal, N. Meltem & Trandafir, Mircea & van Ewijk, Reyn
- 9809 Population Policy: Abortion and Modern Contraception Are Substitutes
by Miller, Grant & Valente, Christine
- 9808 Absence of Altruism? Female Disadvantage in Private School Enrolment in India
by Maitra, Pushkar & Pal, Sarmistha & Sharma, Anurag
- 9807 A Comparison of Panel Data Models in Estimating Technical Efficiency
by Rashidghalam, Masoomeh & Heshmati, Almas & Dashti, Ghader & Pishbahar, Esmail
- 9806 Size of Training Firms: The Role of Firms, Luck, and Ability in Young Workers' Careers
by Müller, Steffen & Neubäumer, Renate
- 9805 Born Entrepreneur? Adolescents' Personality Characteristics and Self-Employment in Adulthood
by Viinikainen, Jutta & Heineck, Guido & Böckerman, Petri & Hintsanen, Mirka & Raitakari, Olli & Pehkonen, Jaakko
- 9804 The Impact of Television Programmes on Teenage Career Aspirations: The 'MasterChef Effect'
by Di Pietro, Giorgio
- 9803 Bargaining over Babies: Theory, Evidence, and Policy Implications
by Doepke, Matthias & Kindermann, Fabian
- 9802 Families in Macroeconomics
by Doepke, Matthias & Tertilt, Michèle
- 9801 The Impact of Paid Parental Leave on Labour Supply and Employment Outcomes
by Broadway, Barbara & Kalb, Guyonne & McVicar, Duncan & Martin, Bill
- 9800 The Educational Consequences of Language Proficiency for Young Children
by Yao, Yuxin & Ohinata, Asako & van Ours, Jan C.
- 9799 The Returns to College Persistence for Marginal Students: Regression Discontinuity Evidence from University Dismissal Policies
by Ost, Ben & Pan, Weixiang & Webber, Douglas A.
- 9798 Cognitive Ability and the Mortality Gradient by Education: Selection or Mediation?
by Bijwaard, Govert & Jones, Andrew M.
- 9797 The More, the Better? The Impact of Instructional Time on Student Performance
by Cattaneo, Maria Alejandra & Oggenfuss, Chantal & Wolter, Stefan C.
- 9796 Teacher Quality and Learning Outcomes in Kindergarten
by Caridad Araujo, Maria & Carneiro, Pedro & Cruz-Aguayo, Yyannú & Schady, Norbert
- 9795 Heterogeneous Effects of High School Peers on Educational Outcomes
by Mendolia, Silvia & Paloyo, Alfredo R. & Walker, Ian
- 9794 International Migration: Driver of Political and Social Change?
by Tuccio, Michele & Wahba, Jackline & Hamdouch, Bachir
- 9793 Disentangling Neighborhood Effects in Person-Context Research: An Application of a Neighborhood-Based Group Decomposition
by Vogel, Matt & van Ham, Maarten
- 9792 Please Call Me John: Name Choice and the Assimilation of Immigrants in the United States, 1900-1930
by Carneiro, Pedro & Lee, Sokbae & Reis, Hugo
- 9791 Does Bilingualism among the Native Born Pay?
by Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W.
- 9790 Exposure to Refugees and Voting for the Far-Right: (Unexpected) Results from Austria
by Steinmayr, Andreas
- 9789 Bounding the Price Equivalent of Migration Barriers
by Clemens, Michael A. & Montenegro, Claudio & Pritchett, Lant
- 9788 Migration, Knowledge Diffusion and the Comparative Advantage of Nations
by Bahar, Dany & Rapoport, Hillel
- 9787 Structural Reform in Germany
by Krebs, Tom & Scheffel, Martin
- 9786 Job-Search Periods for Welfare Applicants: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment
by Bolhaar, Jonneke & Ketel, Nadine & van der Klaauw, Bas
- 9785 Time Aggregation and State Dependence in Welfare Receipt
by Bhuller, Manudeep & Brinch, Christian & Königs, Sebastian
- 9784 Long Run Effects of Youth Training Programs: Experimental Evidence from Argentina
by Alzúa, María Laura & Cruces, Guillermo & Lopez, Carolina
- 9783 Levelling the Playing Field: The Effects of Slovenia's 2013 Labour Market Reform
by Vodopivec, Matija & Laporsek, Suzana & Vodopivec, Milan
- 9782 Nonparametric Instrumental Variable Methods for Dynamic Treatment Evaluation
by van den Berg, Gerard J. & Bonev, Petyo & Mammen, Enno
- 9781 Does Greater Autonomy among Women Provide the Key to Better Child Nutrition?
by Arulampalam, Wiji & Bhaskar, Anjor & Srivastava, Nisha
- 9780 Effects of Welfare Reform on Women's Voting Participation
by Dave, Dhaval M. & Corman, Hope & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 9779 Measuring and Changing Control: Women's Empowerment and Targeted Transfers
by Almås, Ingvild & Armand, Alex & Attanasio, Orazio & Carneiro, Pedro
- 9778 The Labor Supply of Fixed-Wage Workers: Estimates from a Real Effort Experiment
by Carpenter, Jeffrey P.
- 9777 Can Fixed-Term Contracts Put Low Skilled Youth on a Better Career Path? Evidence from Spain
by Garcia Perez, J. Ignacio & Marinescu, Ioana E. & Vall-Castello, Judit
- 9776 The Shifting Job Tenure Distribution
by Hyatt, Henry R. & Spletzer, James R.
- 9775 How Bad Is Involuntary Part-time Work?
by Borowczyk-Martins, Daniel & Lalé, Etienne
- 9774 Circadian Rhythms, Sleep and Cognitive Skills: Evidence from an Unsleeping Giant
by Giuntella, Osea & Han, Wei & Mazzonna, Fabrizio
- 9773 If You Don't Snooze You Lose: Evidence on Health and Weight
by Giuntella, Osea & Mazzonna, Fabrizio
- 9772 Cost-Sharing and Use of Health Services in Italy: Evidence from a Fuzzy Regression Discontinuity Design
by Ponzo, Michela & Scoppa, Vincenzo
- 9771 Does Activating Sick-Listed Workers Work? Evidence from a Randomized Experiment
by Rehwald, Kai & Rosholm, Michael & Rouland, Benedicte
- 9770 Health and Safety Risks in Britain's Workplaces: Where are They and Who Controls Them?
by Bryson, Alex
- 9769 Criminal Discount Factors and Deterrence
by Mastrobuoni, Giovanni & Rivers, David A.
- 9768 Homo Moralis: Personal Characteristics, Institutions, and Moral Decision-Making
by Deckers, Thomas & Falk, Armin & Kosse, Fabian & Szech, Nora
- 9767 Lab Measures of Other-Regarding Preferences Can Predict Some Related On-the-Job Behavior: Evidence from a Large Scale Field Experiment
by Burks, Stephen V. & Nosenzo, Daniele & Anderson, Jon E. & Bombyk, Matthew & Ganzhorn, Derek & Götte, Lorenz & Rustichini, Aldo
- 9766 Doing Your Best When Stakes Are High? Theory and Experimental Evidence
by Houy, Nicolas & Nicolaï, Jean-Philippe & Villeval, Marie Claire
- 9765 Eliciting Risk Preferences: Firefighting in the Field
by Dasgupta, Utteeyo & Mani, Subha & Sharma, Smriti & Singhal, Saurabh
- 9764 Competition and the Racial Wage Gap: Testing Becker's Model of Employer Discrimination
by Hirata, Guilherme & Soares, Rodrigo R.
- 9763 Immigrant Volunteering: A Way Out of Labour Market Discrimination?
by Baert, Stijn & Vujić, Sunčica
- 9762 The Formation of Networks in the Diaspora
by Epstein, Gil S. & Heizler (Cohen), Odelia
- 9761 Racial Differences in Labor Market Transitions and the Great Recession
by Couch, Kenneth A. & Fairlie, Robert W. & Xu, Huanan
- 9760 Social Contacts, Dutch Language Proficiency and Immigrant Economic Performance in the Netherlands: A Longitudinal Study
by Chiswick, Barry R. & Wang, Zhiling
- 9759 Open Borders, Transport Links and Local Labor Markets
by Aslund, Olof & Engdahl, Mattias
- 9758 Technology-Skill Complementarity in the Early Phase of Industrialization
by Franck, Raphaël & Galor, Oded
- 9757 Enriching Students Pays Off: Evidence from an Individualized Gifted and Talented Program in Secondary Education
by Booij, Adam S. & Haan, Ferry & Plug, Erik
- 9756 Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Costs of Daycare 0–2 for Girls
by Fort, Margherita & Ichino, Andrea & Zanella, Giulio
- 9755 Education Policies and Migration across European Countries
by Aparicio Fenoll, Ainhoa & Kuehn, Zoë
- 9754 Reconciling the Divergence in Aggregate U.S. Wage Series
by Champagne, Julien & Kurmann, Andre & Stewart, Jay
- 9753 More Unequal, But More Mobile? Earnings Inequality and Mobility in OECD Countries
by Garnero, Andrea & Hijzen, Alexander & Martin, Sébastien
- 9752 The Evolution of Social Mobility: Norway over the 20th Century
by Pekkarinen, Tuomas & Salvanes, Kjell G. & Sarvimäki, Matti
- 9751 Chronic Material Deprivation and Long‐Term Poverty in Europe in the Pre‐Crisis Period
by Papadopoulos, Fotis & Tsakloglou, Panos
- 9750 Mobility into and out of Poverty in Europe in the 1990s and the Pre‐Crisis Period: The Role of Income, Demographic and Labour Market Events
by Andriopoulou, Eirini & Tsakloglou, Panos
- 9749 Evaluating the Long-Run Impact of an Innovative Anti-Poverty Program: Evidence Using Household Panel Data
by Asadullah, Niaz & Ara, Jinnat
- 9748 The China Shock: Learning from Labor Market Adjustment to Large Changes in Trade
by Autor, David & Dorn, David & Hanson, Gordon H.
- 9747 China's Sex Ratio and Crime: Behavioral Change or Financial Necessity?
by Cameron, Lisa A. & Meng, Xin & Zhang, Dandan
- 9746 China's Family Planning Policies and Their Labor Market Consequences
by Wang, Fei & Zhao, Liqiu & Zhao, Zhong
- 9745 The Effect of Housing Wealth on Labor Force Participation: Evidence from China
by Fu, Shihe & Liao, Yu & Zhang, Junfu
- 9744 The Entrepreneurship Beveridge Curve
by Gries, Thomas & Jungblut, Stefan & Naudé, Wim
- 9743 Business in Genocide: Understanding and Avoiding Complicity
by Stel, Nora & Naudé, Wim
- 9742 Assessing the Effects of Disability Insurance Experience Rating: The Case of the Netherlands
by De Groot, Nynke & Koning, Pierre
- 9741 Offshoring and Labor Markets
by Hummels, David & Munch, Jakob R. & Xiang, Chong
- 9740 Firm Dynamics and Employment Protection: Evidence from Sectoral Data
by Bottasso, Anna & Conti, Maurizio & Sulis, Giovanni
- 9739 The Effect of Announced Downsizing on Workplace Performance: Evidence from a Retail Chain
by Friebel, Guido & Heinz, Matthias & Zubanov, Nick
- 9738 Cyclical and Market Determinants of Involuntary Part-Time Employment
by Valletta, Robert G. & Bengali, Leila & van der List, Catherine
- 9737 What If Your Boss Is a Woman? Work Organization, Work-Life Balance and Gender Discrimination at the Workplace
by Lucifora, Claudio & Vigani, Daria
- 9736 Differences in Job De-Routinization in OECD Countries: Evidence from PIAAC
by de la Rica, Sara & Gortazar, Lucas
- 9735 Work Hour Mismatch and Job Mobility: Adjustment Channels and Resolution Rates
by Knaus, Michael C. & Otterbach, Steffen
- 9734 The Link between R&D, Innovation and Productivity: Are Micro Firms Different?
by Baumann, Julian & Kritikos, Alexander S.
- 9733 To Be Born Is Not Enough: The Key Role of Innovative Startups
by Colombelli, Alessandra & Krafft, Jackie & Vivarelli, Marco
- 9732 The Prodigal Son: Does the Younger Brother Always Care for His Parents in Old Age?
by Komura, Mizuki & Ogawa, Hikaru
- 9731 Identity Conflict with Cross-Border Spillovers
by Bakshi, Dripto & Dasgupta, Indraneel
- 9730 The New Economic Case for Migration Restrictions: An Assessment
by Clemens, Michael A. & Pritchett, Lant
- 9729 Job Loss and Immigrant Labor Market Performance
by Bratsberg, Bernt & Raaum, Oddbjørn & Røed, Knut
- 9728 Intergenerational Persistence of Health in the U.S.: Do Immigrants Get Healthier as They Assimilate?
by Akbulut-Yuksel, Mevlude & Kugler, Adriana
- 9727 Integration of Ethnic Minorities: Do They Divorce as Natives Do?
by Schultz-Nielsen, Marie Louise & Bonke, Jens
- 9726 Ethnic Diversity and Well-Being
by Akay, Alpaslan & Constant, Amelie F. & Giulietti, Corrado & Guzi, Martin
- 9725 The Causal Effects of World War II Military Service
by Cousley, Alex & Siminski, Peter & Ville, Simon
- 9724 Integrated Macroeconomic Production Function for Open Economies: A New Schumpeterian Solow Model for Globalization
by Welfens, Paul J. J.
- 9723 Earnings Premiums and Penalties for Self-Employment and Informal Employees around the World
by Gindling, T. H. & Mossaad, Nadwa & Newhouse, David
- 9722 Why Are Fewer Married Women Joining the Work Force in India? A Decomposition Analysis over Two Decades
by Afridi, Farzana & Dinkelman, Taryn & Mahajan, Kanika
- 9721 Public Expenditure, Demography and Growth: Theory and Evidence from India
by Das, Pranab Kumar & Kar, Saibal
- 9720 Spatial Distribution of US Employment in an Urban Wage-Efficiency Setting
by Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Molina, José Alberto & Velilla, Jorge
- 9719 Optimal Income Taxation with Unemployment and Wage Responses: A Sufficient Statistics Approach
by Kroft, Kory & Kucko, Kavan & Lehmann, Etienne & Schmieder, Johannes F.
- 9718 What Has Been Happening to UK Income Inequality since the Mid-1990s? Answers from Reconciled and Combined Household Survey and Tax Return Data
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Herault, Nicolas & Jenkins, Stephen P. & Wilkins, Roger
- 9717 Reservation Wages and the Wage Flexibility Puzzle
by Koenig, Felix & Manning, Alan & Petrongolo, Barbara
- 9716 Determining Minimum Wages in China: Do Economic Factors Dominate?
by Dreger, Christian & Kosfeld, Reinhold & Zhang, Yanqun
- 9715 The Effects of the Minimum Wage on Earnings Inequality: Evidence from China
by Lin, Carl & Yun, Myeong-Su
- 9714 Smoking Peer Effects among Adolescents: Are Popular Teens More Influential?
by Robalino, Juan David
- 9713 The Economics of Healthy Ageing in China
by Heshmati, Almas
- 9712 Does Medicaid Coverage for Pregnant Women Affect Prenatal Health Behaviors?
by Dave, Dhaval M. & Kaestner, Robert & Wehby, George
- 9711 Causal Effects of Mental Health Treatment on Education Outcomes for Youth in the Justice System
by Cuellar, Alison Evans & Dave, Dhaval M.
- 9710 It's About Time: Effects of the Affordable Care Act Dependent Coverage Mandate on Time Use
by Colman, Gregory & Dave, Dhaval M.
- 9709 Profiling the US Sick Leave Landscape
by Susser, Philip & Ziebarth, Nicolas R.
- 9708 Peer Effects in Employment Status: Evidence from Housing Lotteries for Forced Evacuees in Fukushima
by Kondo, Ayako & Shoji, Masahiro
- 9707 Something from Nothing: Estimating Consumption Rates Using Propensity Scores, with Application to Emissions Reduction Policies
by Bardsley, Nicholas & Büchs, Milena & Schnepf, Sylke V.
- 9706 The Finite Sample Performance of Inference Methods for Propensity Score Matching and Weighting Estimators
by Bodory, Hugo & Camponovo, Lorenzo & Huber, Martin & Lechner, Michael
- 9705 Identity-driven Cooperation versus Competition
by Snower, Dennis J. & Bosworth, Steven J.
- 9704 Gossip and the Efficiency of Interactions
by Fehr, Dietmar & Sutter, Matthias
- 9703 Cooperation, Motivation and Social Balance
by Bosworth, Steven J. & Singer, Tania & Snower, Dennis J.
- 9702 Cheating in the Lab Predicts Fraud in the Field: An Experiment in Public Transportations
by Dai, Zhixin & Galeotti, Fabio & Villeval, Marie Claire
- 9701 Bread and Bullets
by Akerlof, George A. & Snower, Dennis J.
- 9700 College Party Culture and Sexual Assault
by Lindo, Jason M. & Siminski, Peter & Swensen, Isaac D.
- 9699 Life-Cycle Educational Choices: Evidence for Two German Cohorts
by Biewen, Martin & Tapalaga, Madalina
- 9698 Deconstructing Theories of Overeducation in Europe: A Wage Decomposition Approach
by McGuinness, Seamus & Pouliakas, Konstantinos
- 9697 The Effect of Choice Options in Training Curricula on the Supply of and Demand for Apprenticeships
by Jansen, Anika & de Grip, Andries & Kriechel, Ben
- 9696 The Effect of Supplemental Instruction on Academic Performance: An Encouragement Design Experiment
by Paloyo, Alfredo R. & Rogan, Sally & Siminski, Peter
- 9695 The Effect of Degree Attainment on Arrests: Evidence from a Randomized Social Experiment
by Amin, Vikesh & Flores, Carlos A. & Flores-Lagunes, Alfonso & Parisian, Daniel J.
- 9694 Fully Integrating Upper-Secondary Vocational and Academic Courses: A Flexible New Way?
by Polidano, Cain & Tabasso, Domenico
- 9693 Who Works for Whom? Worker Sorting in a Model of Entrepreneurship with Heterogeneous Labor Markets
by Dinlersoz, Emin & Hyatt, Henry R. & Janicki, Hubert P.
- 9692 The Effectiveness of Medical and Vocational Interventions for Reducing Sick Leave of Self-Employed Workers
by Baert, Stijn & van der Klaauw, Bas & van Lomwel, Gijsbert
- 9691 Gradual Collective Wage Bargaining
by Dobbelaere, Sabien & Luttens, Roland Iwan
- 9690 When Does HRM 'Work' in Small British Enterprises?
by White, Michael & Bryson, Alex
- 9689 Something in the Air? Pollution, Allergens and Children's Cognitive Functioning
by Marcotte, Dave E.
- 9688 Parental Influences on Health and Longevity: Lessons from a Large Sample of Adoptees
by Lindahl, Mikael & Björkegren, Evelina & Palme, Mårten & Simeonova, Emilia
- 9687 Can Parental Migration Reduce Petty Corruption in Education?
by Höckel, Lisa Sofie & Santos Silva, Manuel & Stöhr, Tobias
- 9686 Parenting Style as an Investment in Human Development
by Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Salamanca, Nicolas & Zhu, Anna
- 9685 Employment Adjustments around Childbirth
by Pertold-Gebicka, Barbara & Pertold, Filip & Datta Gupta, Nabanita
- 9684 Does Financial Deregulation Boost Top Incomes? Evidence from the Big Bang
by Tanndal, Julia & Waldenström, Daniel
- 9683 Asymmetric Labor-Supply Responses to Wage-Rate Changes: Evidence from a Field Experiment
by Doerrenberg, Philipp & Duncan, Denvil & Loeffler, Max
- 9682 Soda Taxes and the Prices of Sodas and Other Drinks: Evidence from Mexico
by Grogger, Jeff
- 9681 Greying the Budget: Ageing and Preferences over Public Policies
by de Mello, Luiz & Schotte, Simone & Tiongson, Erwin R. & Winkler, Hernan
- 9680 Paying to Avoid Recession: Using Reenlistment to Estimate the Cost of Unemployment
by Borgschulte, Mark & Martorell, Paco
- 9679 The Price of Gold: Dowry and Death in India
by Bhalotra, Sonia R. & Chakravarty, Abhishek & Gulesci, Selim
- 9678 Long-Lasting Effects of Socialist Education
by Fuchs-Schündeln, Nicola & Masella, Paolo
- 9677 Top Incomes and Human Well-being Around the World
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & De Neve, Jan-Emmanuel & Powdthavee, Nattavudh
- 9676 Paradox Lost?
by Easterlin, Richard A.
- 9675 Tattoos, Life Style and the Labor Market
by Dillingh, Rik & Kooreman, Peter & Potters, Jan
- 9674 The Preference Survey Module: A Validated Instrument for Measuring Risk, Time, and Social Preferences
by Falk, Armin & Becker, Anke & Dohmen, Thomas & Huffman, David B. & Sunde, Uwe
- 9673 Sleep Restriction and Time‐of‐Day Impacts on Simple Social Interaction
by Dickinson, David L. & McElroy, Todd
- 9672 Islamism and Gender Relations in the Muslim World as Reflected in Recent World Values Survey Data
by Tausch, Arno & Heshmati, Almas
- 9671 Why Wait? A Century of Education, Marriage Timing and Gender Roles
by Iyigun, Murat & Lafortune, Jeanne
- 9670 Self-Reported Health and Gender: The Role of Social Norms
by Caroli, Eve & Weber-Baghdiguian, Lexane
- 9669 Gender in Jeopardy!: The Role of Opponent Gender in High-Stakes Competition
by Jetter, Michael & Walker, Jay K.
- 9668 Discouraged Immigrants and the Missing Pop in EPOP
by Norlander, Peter & Sorensen, Todd A.
- 9667 The Impact of Syrian Refugees on the Labor Market in Neighboring Countries: Empirical Evidence from Jordan
by Fakih, Ali & Ibrahim, May
- 9666 What Drives the Legalization of Immigrants? Evidence from IRCA
by Casarico, Alessandra & Facchini, Giovanni & Frattini, Tommaso
- 9665 Australia Farewell: Predictors of Emigration in the 2000s
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Hahn, Markus & Hall, Matthew & Watson, Nicole
- 9664 The Acceleration of Immigrant Unhealthy Assimilation
by Giuntella, Osea & Stella, Luca
- 9663 New Perspectives on Ethnic Segregation over Time and Space: A Domains Approach
by van Ham, Maarten & Tammaru, Tiit
- 9662 Intergenerational Transmission of Skills and Differences in Labor Market Outcomes for Blacks and Whites
by Okumura, Tsunao & Usui, Emiko
- 9661 Gender and Racial Differences in Peer Effects of Limited English Students: A Story of Language or Ethnicity?
by Diette, Timothy M. & Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth
- 9660 When Do Gender Wage Differences Emerge? A Study of Azerbaijan's Labor Market
by Pastore, Francesco & Sattar, Sarosh & Sinha, Nistha & Tiongson, Erwin R.
- 9659 The Evolution of Gender Gaps in Industrialized Countries
by Olivetti, Claudia & Petrongolo, Barbara
- 9658 Are Men Given Priority for Top Jobs? Investigating the Glass Ceiling in the Italian Academia
by De Paola, Maria & Ponzo, Michela & Scoppa, Vincenzo
- 9657 Gender Differences in Altruism: Responses to a Natural Disaster
by Lilley, Matthew & Slonim, Robert
- 9656 The Gender Wage Gap: Extent, Trends, and Explanations
by Blau, Francine D. & Kahn, Lawrence M.
- 9655 Consumption Smoothing in the Demand for Health Care
by Kristensen, Nicolai & Andersen, Henrik Lindegaard
- 9654 Crowding Out in the Labour Market: Do Employers Lend a Hand?
by Verhaest, Dieter & Bogaert, Elene & Dereymaeker, Jeroen & Mestdagh, Laura & Baert, Stijn
- 9653 How Soon Is Now? Evidence of Present Bias from Convex Time Budget Experiments
by Balakrishnan, Uttara & Haushofer, Johannes & Jakiela, Pamela
- 9652 Religion and Depression in Adolescence
by Cooley Fruehwirth, Jane & Iyer, Sriya & Zhang, Anwen
- 9651 Social Insurance with Competitive Insurance Markets and Risk Misperception
by Cremer, Helmuth & Roeder, Kerstin
- 9650 Market Design for Altruistic Supply: Evidence from the Lab
by Slonim, Robert & Wang, Carmen
- 9649 Does It Pay to Care? Prosocial Engagement and Employment Opportunities
by Baert, Stijn & Vujić, Sunčica
- 9648 The Compromise Effect in Action: Lessons from a Restaurant's Menu
by Pinger, Pia & Ruhmer-Krell, Isabel & Schumacher, Heiner
- 9647 Is Shale Development Drilling Holes in the Human Capital Pipeline?
by Rickman, Dan S. & Wang, Hongbo & Winters, John V.
- 9646 Empirical Evidence on the Effectiveness of Social Public Procurement Policy: The Case of the Swiss Apprenticeship Training System
by Strupler Leiser, Mirjam & Wolter, Stefan C.
- 9645 Television, Cognitive Ability, and High School Completion
by Hernaes, Oeystein & Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut
- 9644 Can Welfare Conditionality Combat High School Dropout?
by Hernaes, Oeystein & Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut
- 9643 Higher Education Expansion and Labor Market Outcomes for Young College Graduates
by Ou, Dongshu & Zhao, Zhong
- 9642 Immigration and Prices: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Syrian Refugees in Turkey
by Balkan, Binnur & Tumen, Semih