Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
January 1989, Volume 28, Issue 8
- 837-842 Predictors of foetal and neonatal mortality in Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles. A multivariate analysis
by Wildschut, H.I.J. & Wiedijk, V. & Oosting, J. & Voorn, W. & Huber, J. & Treffers, P.E.
- 843-849 The politics of immunization in public health
by McCombie, S.C.
- 851-859 Punctuality, pain and time-orientation among Sicilian-Canadians
by Migliore, Sam
- 861-867 The impact of prospectively set hospital budgets on psychiatric admissions
by Frank, Richard G. & Jackson, Catherine A.
- 869-874 Intolerance of ambiguity in students entering medical school
by DeForge, Bruce R. & Sobal, Jeffery
- 875-884 The practice of traditional Korean medicine in Washington, D.C
by Pang, Keum Young
- 885-885 The Nottingham health profile
by Carr-Hill, Roy A. & Kind, Paul
January 1989, Volume 28, Issue 7
- 631-632 Introduction
by Ugalde, Antonio & Zwi, Anthony
- 633-642 Towards an epidemiology of political violence in the third world
by Zwi, Anthony & Ugalde, Antonio
- 643-647 Perceptions from epidemiologic research in an endemic war
by Armenian, Haroutune K.
- 649-657 Violence, conflict and health in Africa
by Ityavyar, Dennis A. & Ogba, Leo O.
- 659-667 Children in political violence
by Gibson, Kerry
- 669-676 War-related changes in health and health services in Nicaragua
by Garfield, Richard M.
- 677-684 Political violence and Eritrean health care
by Sabo, Lois E. & Kibirige, Joachim S.
- 685-695 Life experiences, response styles and mental health among mothers and children in Beirut, Lebanon
by Bryce, Jennifer W. & Walker, Neff & Ghorayeb, Francoise & Kanj, Mayada
- 697-706 'There is no sea, only fish': Effects of United States policy on the health of the displaced in El Salvador
by Lundgren, Rebecka Inga & Lang, Robert
- 707-713 Health needs of older adults displaced to Sudan by war and famine: Questioning current targeting practices in health relief
by Godfrey, Nancy & Kalache, Alexandre
- 715-727 A programme of mental health for political refugees: Dealing with the invisible pain of political exile
by Barudy, Jorge
- 729-733 Baseline health care for refugees in the Netherlands
by Hondius, Adger J. K. & van Willigen, Loes H. M.
- 735-740 The effects of torture and political repression in a sample of Chilean families
- 741-750 Political repression and children in South Africa: The social construction of damaging effects
by Swartz, Leslie & Levett, Ann
- 751-758 Psychoanalysis confronts the politics of repression: The case of Argentina
by Hollander, Nancy Caro
January 1989, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 531-538 The fruits of empire rot on the vine: United States health policy in the austerity era
by Bodenheimer, Thomas S.
- 539-550 La politique economique du gouvernement socialiste en matiere de sante: Bilan de cinq annees de pouvoir en France, 1981-1986
by Aiach, Pierre & Yves Delanoe, Jean
- 551-559 What happens in hospices: A review of research evidence
by Seale, Clive F.
- 561-569 Factors distinguishing homosexual males practicing risky and safer sex
by Siegel, Karolynn & Palamara Mesagno, Frances & Chen, Jin-Yi & Christ, Grace
- 571-576 Sociocultural determinants of infant and child mortality in Turkey
by Aksit, Belma & Aksit, Bahattin
- 577-582 Physician motivations for nonscientific drug prescribing
by Schwartz, Rebecca K. & Soumerai, Stephen B. & Avorn, Jerry
- 583-591 An evaluation of the psychological and social effects of malocclusion: Some implications for dental policy making
by Kenealy, Pamela & Frude, Neil & Shaw, William
- 593-604 Diarrhoeal diseases: Perceptions and practices in Nepal
by Stapleton, Maire Casey
- 605-612 Healers in transition
by Oppong, Amma C. K.
- 613-619 Social inequalities in low birth weight: Timing of effects and selective mobility
by Joffe, Michael
- 621-624 Coping with political violence in Northern Ireland
by Cairns, Ed & Wilson, Ronnie
January 1989, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 405-414 Introduction
by Packard, Randall M. & Wisner, Ben & Bossert, Thomas
- 415-424 Nutrition and the commoditation of food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 425-440 Nutrition and the commoditization of food in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Bryceson, Deborah Fahy
- 441-446 Commodity relations and nutrition under apartheid: A note on South Africa
by Wisner, Ben
- 447-459 Women's health in East Africa
by Raikes, Alanagh
- 461-473 Women, household and health in Latin America
by Browner, C. H.
- 475-496 Industrial production, health and disease in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Packard, Randall M.
- 497-514 Estado, clases sociales y salud
by Belmartino, Susana & Bloch, Carlos
- 515-530 The state, class and the allocation of health resources in Southern Africa
by Andersson, Neil & Marks, Shula
January 1989, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 299-308 The use of QALYs in health care decision making
by Loomes, Graham & McKenzie, Lynda
- 309-314 Family-oriented prevention of cardiovascular disease: A social epidemiological approach
by Venters, Maurine H.
- 315-321 Introduction of information during the initial medical visit: Consequences for patient follow-through with physician recommendations for medication
by Rost, Kathryn & Carter, William & Inui, Thomas
- 323-331 Treatment patterns for schizophrenia in psychiatric hospitals
by Wolff, Nancy & Henderson, Paul R. & MacAskill, Robin L. & Rosenstein, Marilyn J. & Milazzo-Sayre, Laura J. & Larson, David & Manderscheid, Ronald
- 333-338 A social history of psychotropic drug advertisements
by Neill, John R.
- 339-346 Communication in the hospital setting: A survey of medical and everyday language use amongst patients, nurses and doctors
by Bourhis, Richard Y. & Roth, Sharon & MacQueen, Glenda
- 347-354 Geographic differences in the use of veterans administration hospitals
by Friss, Lois & Friedman, Bernard & Demakis, John
- 355-364 Breast-feeding and health professionals: A study in hospitals in Indonesia
by Hull, Valerie J. & Thapa, Shyam & Wiknjosastro, Gulardi
- 365-379 Sensitization to illness and the risk of death: An explanation for Sri Lanka's approach to good health for all
by Caldwell, John & Gajanayake, Indra & Caldwell, Pat & Peiris, Indrani
- 381-388 FIJAc: Fright and illness in highland Yemen
by Swagman, Charles F.
- 389-398 Longitudinal study of appraisal at Three Mile Island: Implications for life event research
by Goldsteen, Raymond & Schorr, John K. & Goldsteen, Karen S.
- 399-403 The effects of mental dysfunction on nursing home care
by Rohrer, James E. & Buckwalter, Kathleen & Russell, Daniel
January 1989, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 183-195 Catastrophic stress and factors affecting its consequences among Southeast Asian refugees
by Beiser, Morton & Turner, R.Jay & Ganesan, Soma
- 197-205 International employment and children: Geographical mobility and mental health among children of professionals
by Haour-Knipe, Mary
- 207-210 Information-based rehabilitation for third world disability
by Miles, M.
- 211-222 The economics of mild hypertension programmes
by Edgar, Mark A. & Schnieden, Harold
- 223-231 The limits of medicine: Women's perception of medical technology
by Gabe, Jonathan & Calnan, Michael
- 233-238 Survival of female breast cancer patients in Finland and in Estonia: Stage at diagnosis important determinant of the difference between countries
by Karjalainen, Sakari & Aareleid, Tiiu & Hakulinen, Timo & Pukkala, Eero & Rahu, Mati & Tekkel, Mare
- 239-247 Psychosocial adjustment following a stroke
by Thompson, Suzanne C. & Sobolew-Shubin, Alexandria & Graham, Melody A. & Janigian, Aris S.
- 249-260 Role of support networks in maintenance of improved cardiovascular health status
by O'Reilly, Patrick & Emerson Thomas, H.
- 261-270 Employment of individuals with haemophilia in the Netherlands
by Varekamp, I. & Smit, C. & Rosendaal, F.R. & Bröcker-Vriends, A. & Briët, E. & van Dijck, H. & Suurmeijer, T.P.B.M.
- 271-274 Breastfeeding trends in Singapore
by Chua, S. & Viegas, O.A.C. & Counsilman, J.J. & Ratnam, S.S.
- 275-284 Differential alcohol-related mortality among American Indian tribes in Oklahoma, 1968-1978
by Christian, Charles M. & Dufour, Mary & Bertolucci, Darryl
- 285-292 Determinants of fertility in a rural society: Some evidence from Sierra Leone
by Balley, Mohamed
- 293-297 Paternalism and finnish anti-smoking policy
by Häyry, Heta & Häyry, Matti & Karjalainen, Sakari
January 1989, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 99-107 Professional uncertainty and physician medical decision-making in a multiple treatment framework
by Wolff, Nancy
- 109-113 Using administrative data from Manitoba, Canada to study treatment outcomes: Developing control groups and adjusting for case severity
by Roos, Noralou P.
- 115-120 Coronary arteriography rates in Switzerland--How do they vary?
by Santos-Eggimann, Brigitte & Paccaud, Fred & Gutzwiller, Felix
- 121-129 Regional dispersion of independent professionals in primary health care in the Netherlands
by Hingstman, L. & Boon, H.
- 131-139 An investigation of the effect of regional variation in the treatment of hypertension
by Christiansen, Terkel & Pedersen, Kjeld Møller & Harvald, Bent & Rasmussen, Knud & Jørgensen, Jørgen & Svarer, Christian
- 141-146 A cartographic study of hospital utilization in the county of Uppsala
by Haglund, Bengt
- 147-154 A quasi-experimental design based on regional variations: Discussion of a method for evaluating outcomes of medical practice
by Loft, Anne & Andersen, Tavs Folmer & Madsen, Mette
- 155-164 "A built bed is a filled bed?" An empirical re-examination
by van Doorslaer, E.K.A. & van Vliet, R.C.J.A.
- 165-173 Variations in resource utilization--The role of medical practice and its economic impact
by Eckerlund, Ingemar & Håkansson, Stefan
- 175-182 Assessing data quality: A computerized approach
by Roos, Leslie L. & Sharp, Sandra M. & Wajda, Andre
January 1989, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-8 AIDS in Africa: Emerging trends
by Pela, A. Ona & Platt, Jerome J.
- 9-12 Health information imperatives for Third World countries
by Osiobe, Stephen A.
- 13-15 The measurement of hospital efficiency: A comment
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 15-17 The measurement of hospital efficiency: A reply
by McGuire, Alistair
- 19-27 Effects of breast cancer and mastectomy on emotional support and adjustment
by Zemore, Robert & Shepel, Lawrence F.
- 29-36 Dimensions of negative affectivity, self-reported somatic symptoms, and health-related behaviors
by Vassend, Olav
- 37-44 Defensive work in nursing homes: Accountability gone amok
by Wiener, Carolyn L. & Kayser-Jones, Jeanie
- 45-51 Differences between Kallawaya-Andean and Greek-European humoral theory
by Bastien, Joseph W.
- 53-58 Measuring satisfaction with health care: A comparison of single with paired rating strategies
by Sutherland, H. J. & Lockwood, G. A. & Minkin, S. & Tritchler, D. L. & Till, J. E. & Llewellyn-Thomas, H. A.
- 59-67 As children survive: Dilemmas of aging in the developing world
by Bicknell, William J. & Parks, Cindy Lou
- 69-80 Perceptual correlates of physician referral to physical therapists: Implications for role expansion
by Ritchey, Ferris J. & Pinkston, Dorothy & Goldbaum, Joanne E. & Heerten, Margret E.
- 81-86 A prospective study to identify the fall-prone patient
by Morse, Janice M. & Black, Colleen & Oberle, Kathleen & Donahue, Patricia
- 87-92 It's how you say it: Physicians' vocal behavior
by Harrigan, Jinni A. & Gramata, James F. & Lucic, Karen S. & Margolis, Charles
- 93-97 Three conflicts as a result of causal attributions
by Kroode, Herman Ten & Oosterwijk, Mieke & Steverink, Nardi
January 1988, Volume 27, Issue 12
- 1299-1308 Medical compliance as an ideology
by Trostle, James A.
- 1309-1316 Sports participation and health status: A preliminary analysis
by Lamb, K.L. & Dench, S. & Brodie, D.A. & Roberts, K.
- 1317-1325 Socioeconomic status and health status: A study of males in the Canada health survey
by Hay, David Ian
- 1327-1335 Revision of the Italian psychiatric reform: North/South differences and future strategies
by Bollini, Paola & Reich, Michael & Muscettola, Giovanni
- 1337-1342 Predictive value of life events, psychosocial factors and self-rated health on disability in an elderly rural French population
by Grand, A. & Grosclaude, P. & Bocquet, H. & Pous, J. & Albarede, J.L.
- 1343-1348 The concept of flow in Rwandan popular medicine
by Taylor, Christopher C.
- 1349-1355 Depression in unemployed Swedish women
by Hall, Ellen M. & Johnson, Jeffrey V.
- 1357-1368 Maternal education and child survival in developing countries: The search for pathways of influence
by Cleland, John G. & van Ginneken, Jerome K.
- 1369-1379 Is there a religious factor in health care utilization?: A review
by Schiller, Preston L. & Levin, Jeffrey S.
- 1381-1386 How physicians choose drugs
by Denig, P. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F.M. & Zijsling, D.H.
- 1387-1392 Effects of a community-wide smoking cessation program
by Wheeler, Robert J.
- 1393-1400 The role of social support and life stress events in use of mental health services
by Sherbourne, Cathy Donald
- 1401-1409 Practice compatibility and type of framework: Essential dimensions in the salaried primary care practitioners' approach to practice
by Ben-Sira, Zeev
- 1411-1414 The Nottingham health profile: An analysis of its sensitivity in differentiating illness groups
by Jenkinson, Crispin & Fitzpatrick, Ray & Argyle, Michael
- 1415-1427 Pharmaceuticals in two Brazilian villages: Lay practices and perceptions
by Haak, Hilbrand
- 1429-1432 Alcohol-related knowledge, beliefs and attitudes among health and clerical personnel
by Poikolainen, Kari
- 1433-1437 Cornell medical index responses and mortality in a Polynesian population
by Crews, Douglas E. & Pearson, Jay D.
- 1439-1446 The urban community as the client in preterm birth prevention: Evaluation of a program component
by Freda, Margaret Comerford & Damus, Karla & Merkatz, Irwin R.
- 1447-1459 The impacts of positive psychological states on physical health: A review and theoretical framework
by Edwards, Jeffrey R. & Cooper, Cary L.
- 1461-1464 Accountability of anthropologists, indigenous healers and their governments: A plea for reasonable medicine
by Glasser, Morton
January 1988, Volume 27, Issue 11
- 1125-1130 Can collaborative programs between biomedical and African indigenous health practitioners succeed?
by Green, Edward C.
- 1131-1138 The transformation of Zimbabwe's health care system: A review of the white paper on health
by Manga, Pran
- 1139-1145 Information and decision-making preferences of hospitalized adult cancer patients
by Blanchard, Christina G. & Labrecque, Mark S. & Ruckdeschel, John C. & Blanchard, Edward B.
- 1147-1152 Assessing alcoholism as a risk factor for Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
by Molgaard, Craig A. & Nakamura, Chester & Hovell, Melbourne & Elder, John P.
- 1153-1170 Private medicine and the privatisation of health care in South Africa
by Naylor, C. David
- 1171-1182 Entre 'sickness' et 'illness': De la socialisation a l'individualisation de la 'maladie'
by Zempléni, Andras
- 1183-1188 A human development intervention in the Philippines: Effect on child morbidity
by Hill, John H. & Woods, M. E. & Dorsey, Steven D.
- 1189-1196 Workers' perceptions, knowledge and responses regarding occupational health and safety: A report on a Canadian study
by Walters, Vivienne & Haines, Ted
- 1197-1206 Symbolic, ritual and social dynamics of spiritual healing
by Glik, Deborah C.
- 1207-1213 Health through three life stages: A longitudinal study of urban black adolescents
by Brunswick, Ann F. & Merzel, Cheryl R.
- 1215-1221 Psychological distress and the decision to seek medical care
by Berkanovic, Emil & Hurwicz, Margo-Lea & Landsverk, John
- 1223-1235 Health services inequalities in Nigeria
by Ityavyar, Dennis A.
- 1237-1245 Social factors affecting use of immunization in Indonesia
by Kim, Streatfield & Singarimbun, Masri
- 1247-1256 Statutory change and 'street-level' implementation of psychiatric commitment
by Marx, Jonathan I. & Levinson, Richard M.
- 1257-1262 Choice of surgery for early breast cancer: Psychosocial considerations
by Morris, Jenny & Ingham, Roger
- 1263-1268 Children and core-periphery differences
by Vuorinen, Heikki S. & Floman, Peter A. & Väänänen, Ilkka S.
- 1269-1275 Gender differences in tobacco use in Africa, Asia, the Pacific, and Latin America
by Waldron, Ingrid & Bratelli, Gary & Carriker, Laura & Sung, Wei-Chin & Vogeli, Christine & Waldman, Elizabeth
- 1277-1286 Causal reasoning and the treatment of diarrhoeal disease by mothers in Kenya
by Patel, Vimla L. & Eisemon, Thomas O. & Arocha, JoséF.
- 1287-1294 Modeling hospital closure relative to organizational theory: The applicability of ecology theory's environmental determinism and adaptation perspectives
by Gifford, Blair D. & Mullner, Ross M.
- 1295-1298 Distribution of knowledge of AIDS: A national study
by Ross, Michael W.
January 1988, Volume 27, Issue 10
- 1011-1018 Social policy for pollution-related diseases
by Reich, Michael R.
- 1019-1029 Science and persuasion: Environmental disease in U.S. courts
by Boden, Leslie I. & Raymond Miyares, J. & Ozonoff, David
- 1031-1041 Scientific information in judicial and administrative systems
by Burger Jr, Edward J.
- 1043-1052 Compensation of pollution-related health damage in Japan
by Aronson, Bruce
- 1053-1059 Current problems and prospects with the Japanese compensation system for pollution-related health damage
by Awaji, Takehisa & Tsukatani, Tsuneo
- 1061-1070 A review of legal and policy issues in legislating compensation for victims of toxic substance pollution
by Soble, Stephen M & Brennan, Janis H
- 1071-1084 Collective judicial management of mass toxic tort controversies: Lessons and issues from the agent orange litigation
by Novey, Lawrence B.
- 1085-1095 Major industrial risks and compensation of victims: The role for insurance
by Smets, Henri
- 1097-1103 The psychological dimensions of health care for patients exposed to radiation and the other invisible environmental contaminants
by Vyner, Henry M.
- 1105-1112 Some international law aspects of the Bhopal disaster
by Tyagi, Y.K. & Rosencranz, Armin
- 1113-1123 The Bhopal disaster and the right to know
by Jasanoff, Sheila
January 1988, Volume 27, Issue 9
- 879-888 Transforming China's collective health care system: A village study
by Huang, Shu-Min
- 889-894 Post-1950 mortality trends and medical care: Gains in life expectancy due to declines in mortality from conditions amenable to medical intervention in the Netherlands
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Looman, Caspar W.N. & Kunst, Anton E. & Habbema, J.Dik F. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 895-900 Contributions of patients to general practitioner consultations in relation to their understanding of doctor's instructions and advice
by Robinson, E.J. & Whitfield, M.J.
- 901-910 Mortality and living conditions: Relative mortality levels and their relation to the physical quality of life in urban populations
by Anson, Jon
- 911-917 Regional variations in cardiovascular mortality in Sweden--Structural vulnerability in the local community
by Starrin, Bengt & Larsson, Gerry & Brenner, Sten-Olof
- 919-925 Ritual coordination of medical pluralism in highland Nepal: Implications for policy
by Parker, Barbara
- 927-933 Towards a conceptual framework of lay evaluation of health care
by Calnan, Michael
- 935-939 What patients like about their medical care and how often they are asked: A meta-analysis of the satisfaction literature
by Hall, Judith A. & Dornan, Michael C.
- 941-945 Oral contraceptives, sociocultural beliefs and psychiatric symptoms
by Fakhr El-Islam, M. & Malasi, Taha H. & Abu-Dagga, Sanaa I.
- 947-954 Identifying factors associated with health care use: A hospital-based risk screening index
by Evans, Ron L. & Hendricks, Robert D. & Lawrence, Kaye V. & Bishop, Duane S.
- 955-970 Computerized calculation of essential drug requirements
by Soeters, Robert & Bannenberg, Wilbert
- 971-985 La geographie du cancer de l'oesophage
by Ghadirian, P. & Thouez, J.P. & Simard, A.
- 987-994 Do British women undergo too many or too few hysterectomies?
by Coulter, Angela & McPherson, Klim & Vessey, Martin
- 995-998 Adolescents and nuclear arms issues
by Sheffet, Amiram M. & Zutz, Harry M. & Titelbaum, Jules A. & Louria, Donald B.
- 999-1002 Life stressors and social resources: An integrated assessment approach
by Moos, Rudolf H. & Fenn, Catharine B. & Billings, Andrew G.
January 1988, Volume 27, Issue 8
- 747-750 Techniques of healing in Southeast Asia
by Laderman, Carol & Van Esterik, Penny
- 751-759 To strengthen and refresh: Herbal therapy in Southeast Asia
by Van Esterik, Penny
- 761-768 The interplay of traditional therapies in south Thailand
by Golomb, Louis
- 769-778 Folk medicine in Laos: A comparison between two ethnic groups
by Westermeyer, Joseph
- 779-787 Healing texts and healing techniques in indigenous Balinese medicine
by McCauley, Ann P.
- 789-797 Doctoring by go-between: Aspects of health care for Malay children
by Massard, Josiane
- 799-810 Wayward winds: Malay archetypes, and theory of personality in the context of shamanism
by Laderman, Carol
- 811-818 The pragmatics of aesthetics: The performance of healing among Senoi temiar
by Roseman, Marina
- 819-828 The drum is the shaman, the spear guides his voice
by Hoskins, Janet
- 829-839 Healing boundaries in south Kalimantan
by Tsing, Anna Lowenhaupt
- 841-856 Severing the bonds of love: A case study in soul loss
by Steedly, Mary Margaret
- 857-877 Ambiguity, synecdoche and affect in semai medicine
by Dentan, Robert Knox
January 1988, Volume 27, Issue 7
- 661-665 Health, apartheid and the frontline states
by Zwi, Anthony & Marks, Shula & Andersson, Neil
- 667-681 Apartheid and health in the 1980s
by Andersson, Neil & Marks, Shula
- 683-689 Tuberculosis in the Western Cape health region of South Africa
by Yach, Derek
- 691-702 Occupational health and safety in South Africa: The perspectives of capital, state and unions
by Zwi, Anthony & Fonn, Sharon & Steinberg, Malcolm
- 703-716 The consequences of health service privatisation for equality and equity in health care in South Africa
by Price, Max
- 717-722 Health as a target: South Africa's destabilization of Mozambique
by Cliff, Julie & Noormahomed, Abdul Razak
- 723-731 The economy, the health sector and child health in Zimbabwe since independence
by Sanders, David & Davies, Rob
- 733-741 Labour insecurity and health: An epidemiological study in Zimbabwe
by Loewenson, Rene
- 743-745 Health, nutrition and agricultural development in Northern Zambia
by Vaughan, Megan & Moore, Henrietta
January 1988, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 569-578 Effects of HIV infection, perceived health and clinical status on a cohort at risk for aids
by Kessler, Ronald C. & O'Brien, Kerth & Joseph, Jill G. & Ostrow, David G. & Phair, John P. & Chmiel, Joan S. & Wortman, Camille B. & Emmons, Carol-Ann
- 579-586 Images of general practice: The perceptions of the doctor
by Calnan, Michael
- 587-596 Biocultural belief and iodine prophylaxis
by Lellep Fernandez, Renate
- 597-605 Self-assessment of health before and after a myocardial infarction
by Mæland, John G. & Havik, Odd E.
- 607-614 Child mortality in a Nigerian City: Its levels and socioeconomic differentials
by Oni, Gbolahan A.
- 615-622 Occupation, marriage and disease-specific mortality concordance
by Fletcher, Ben (C)
- 623-626 Type a behavior pattern and illness other than coronary heart disease
by Wrzesniewski, Kazimierz & Wonicki, Julian & Turlejski, Jan
- 627-636 The effect of child fostering on feeding practices and access to health services in rural Sierra Leone
by Bledsoe, Caroline H. & Ewbank, Douglas C. & Isiugo-Abanihe, Uche C.
- 637-644 Meta-analysis of satisfaction with medical care: Description of research domain and analysis of overall satisfaction levels
by Hall, Judith A. & Dornan, Michael C.
- 645-649 'Repetition strain injury': An Australian epidemic of upper limb pain
by Hall, Wayne & Morrow, Louise
- 651-660 Reasons for non-attendance for computer-managed cervical screening: Pilot interviews
by Elkind, Andrea Knopf & Haran, Dave & Eardley, Anne & Spencer, Brenda
January 1988, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 415-416 Permanence and change in Asian health care
by Pfleiderer, Beatrix
- 417-424 The semiotics of ritual healing in a North Indian Muslim shrine
by Pfleiderer, Beatrix
- 425-436 From mantra to mataráa: Opacity and transparency in the language of Tobelo magic and medicine (Halmahera Island, Indonesia)
by Taylor, Paul Michael
- 437-443 Supernaturalist curers and sorcery accusations in Thailand
by Golomb, Louis
- 445-450 Healing thyself: A Korean shaman's afflictions
by Kendall, Laurel
- 451-460 Bereavement and loss in two Muslim communities: Egypt and Bali compared
by Wikan, Unni
- 461-469 The quality of a mother's milk and the health of her child: Beliefs and practices of the women of Mithila
by Reissland, Nadja & Burghart, Richard
- 471-477 Humoral concepts of mental illness in India
by Weiss, Mitchell G. & Desai, Amit & Jadhav, Sushrut & Gupta, Lalit & Channabasavanna, S.M. & Doongaji, D.R. & Behere, Prakash B.
- 479-489 Exploring pluralism--The many faces of Ayurveda
by Nordstrom, Carolyn R.
- 491-495 Ayurvedic treatment for jaundice in Nepal
by Durkin, Maureen
- 497-504 Childbearing in Korea
by Sich, Dorothea