Social capital is associated with decreased risk of hunger
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maurice Mutisya & Moses W. Ngware & Caroline W. Kabiru & Ngianga-bakwin Kandala, 2016. "The effect of education on household food security in two informal urban settlements in Kenya: a longitudinal analysis," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(4), pages 743-756, August.
- Dean, Wesley R. & Sharkey, Joseph R., 2011. "Food insecurity, social capital and perceived personal disparity in a predominantly rural region of Texas: An individual-level analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(9), pages 1454-1462, May.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:35:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10460-017-9805-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Courtney Gallaher & John Kerr & Mary Njenga & Nancy Karanja & Antoinette WinklerPrins, 2013. "Urban agriculture, social capital, and food security in the Kibera slums of Nairobi, Kenya," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(3), pages 389-404, September.
- Divya Gopal & Harini Nagendra, 2014. "Vegetation in Bangalore’s Slums: Boosting Livelihoods, Well-Being and Social Capital," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(5), pages 1-15, April.
- Sujarwoto & Gindo Tampubolon, 2011. "Child health and mothers’ social capital in Indonesia through crisis," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 14911, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0706-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsai, Alexander C. & Bangsberg, David R. & Emenyonu, Nneka & Senkungu, Jude K. & Martin, Jeffrey N. & Weiser, Sheri D., 2011. "The social context of food insecurity among persons living with HIV/AIDS in rural Uganda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(12), pages 1717-1724.
- Yunhee Chang & Swarn Chatterjee & Jinhee Kim, 2014. "Household Finance and Food Insecurity," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 499-515, December.
- Nyang'au, Paul Nyamweya, 2018. "Impact Of Integrated Pest Management Technology On Food Security Among Mango Farmers In Machakos County, Kenya," Research Theses 276453, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Smith, Michael D. & Rabbitt, Matthew P. & Coleman- Jensen, Alisha, 2017. "Who are the World’s Food Insecure? New Evidence from the Food and Agriculture Organization’s Food Insecurity Experience Scale," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 402-412.
- Morojele, Neo K. & London, Leslie & Olorunju, Steve A. & Matjila, Maila J. & Davids, Adlai S. & Rendall-Mkosi, Kirstie M., 2010. "Predictors of risk of alcohol-exposed pregnancies among women in an urban and a rural area of South Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 534-542, February.
- Llobrera, Joseph, 2012. "Time to Eat? The Relationship Between Household Proxies of Time Resources and Food Spending Patterns," 2012 AAEA/EAAE Food Environment Symposium 123528, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hadley, Craig & Linzer, Drew A. & Belachew, Tefera & Mariam, Abebe Gebre & Tessema, Fasil & Lindstrom, David, 2011. "Household capacities, vulnerabilities and food insecurity: Shifts in food insecurity in urban and rural Ethiopia during the 2008 food crisis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(10), pages 1534-1542.
- Sujarwoto, Sujarwoto & Tampubolon, Gindo, 2013. "Mother's social capital and child health in Indonesia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 1-9.
- S. Sharaunga & M. Mudhara, 2016. "The impact of improved ‘water-use security’ on women’s reliance on agricultural incomes in KwaZulu-Natal Province, South Africa," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(6), pages 1039-1052, December.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0733-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Siahpush, Mohammad & Borland, Ron & Taylor, Janet & Singh, Gopal K. & Ansari, Zahid & Serraglio, Adrian, 2006. "The association of smoking with perception of income inequality, relative material well-being, and social capital," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(11), pages 2801-2812, December.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:189:y:2017:i:c:p:105-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Menale Kassie & Jesper Stage & Hailemariam Teklewold & Olaf Erenstein, 2015. "Gendered food security in rural Malawi: why is women’s food security status lower?," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(6), pages 1299-1320, December.
- Nyang’au, Paul Nyamweya & Nzuma, Jonathan & Irungu, Patrick & Muriithi, Beatrice, 2018. "A Thesis Submitted In Partial Fulfillment Of The Requirements For The Award Of A Master Of Science Degree In Agricultural And Applied Economics, University Of Nairobi," Dissertations and Theses 276387, University of Nairobi, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Yoshie Sano & Steven Garasky & Kimberly Greder & Christine Cook & Dawn Browder, 2011. "Understanding Food Insecurity Among Latino Immigrant Families in Rural America," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 111-123, March.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial capital Food security Hunger Community;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:58:y:2004:i:12:p:2645-2654. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.