Controlling diabetes, controlling diabetics: moral language in the management of diabetes type 2
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Busschbach, Jan J. V. & Hessing, Dick J. & De Charro, Frank Th., 1993. "The utility of health at different stages in life: A quantitative approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 153-158, July.
- Eva Rodríguez-Míguez & José Luis Pinto, 1999.
"The social value of health programs: Is age a relevant factor?,"
9904, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Eva Rodríguez & José Luis Pinto, 2000. "The social value of health programs: Is age a relevant factor?," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 473, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Eva Rodríguez & José Luis Pinto, 2000. "The social value of health programs: Is age a relevant factor?," Economics Working Papers 473, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- William Thomson, 2007. "Fair Allocation Rules," RCER Working Papers 539, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Browning, Colette J. & Thomas, Shane A., 2001. "Community values and preferences in transplantation organ allocation decisions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 853-861, March.
- Green, Paul E & Srinivasan, V, 1978. " Conjoint Analysis in Consumer Research: Issues and Outlook," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 103-123, Se.
- Moulin, Herve, 1994. "Social choice," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 31, pages 1091-1125 Elsevier.
- Gerard Debreu, 1959. "Topological Methods in Cardinal Utility Theory," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 76, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Eva Rodríguez & José Luis Pinto, 2000. "The social value of health programmes: is age a relevant factor?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(7), pages 611-621.
- Maurice Salles, 2005. "Social Choice," Post-Print halshs-00337075, HAL.
- Beggs, S. & Cardell, S. & Hausman, J., 1981. "Assessing the potential demand for electric cars," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-19, September.
- Julie Ratcliffe, 2000. "Public preferences for the allocation of donor liver grafts for transplantation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 137-148.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seale, Clive & Rivas, Carol & Al-Sarraj, Hela & Webb, Sarah & Kelly, Moira, 2013. "Moral mediation in interpreted health care consultations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 141-148.
- Naemiratch, Bhensri & Manderson, Lenore, 2006. "Control and adherence: Living with diabetes in Bangkok, Thailand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 1147-1157, September.
- Ross Barnett, J. & Pearce, Jamie & Howes, Pamela, 2006. "'Help, educate, encourage?': Geographical variations in the provision and utilisation of diabetes education in New Zealand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 1328-1343, September.
- Smith, Shannon L. & Quandt, Sara A. & Arcury, Thomas A. & Wetmore, Lindsay K. & Bell, Ronny A. & Vitolins, Mara Z., 2006. "Aging and eating in the rural, southern United States: Beliefs about salt and its effect on health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 189-198, January.
More about this item
KeywordsType 2 diabetes Disease management Moral responsibility Social stigma Lay explanatory models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:58:y:2004:i:11:p:2371-2382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .