Citations for "Do Microfinance Programs Help Families Insure Consumption Against Illness?"
by Paul Gertler & David I. Levine & Enrico Moretti
- Robert Sparrow & Ellen Van de Poel & Gracia Hadiwidjaja & Athia Yumna & Nila Warda & Asep Suryahadi, 2012. "Financial Consequences of Ill Health and Informal Coping Mechanisms in Indonesia," Departmental Working Papers 2012-07, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Ambrosius, Christian & Cuecuecha, Alfredo, 2013. "Are Remittances a Substitute for Credit? Carrying the Financial Burden of Health Shocks in National and Transnational Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 143-152.
- Mukhopadhyay, Jyoti Prasad, 2014. "Does access to microfinance affect consumption inequality? :evidence from a randomized controlled trial in Andhra Pradesh, India," MPRA Paper 58674, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chetty, Raj & Looney, Adam, 2006.
"Consumption smoothing and the welfare consequences of social insurance in developing economies,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(12), pages 2351-2356, December.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney, 2005. "Consumption Smoothing and the Welfare Consequences of Social Insurance in Developing Economies," NBER Working Papers 11709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2009.
"Finance and Inequality: Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
15275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- DeLoach, Stephen B. & Lamanna, Erika, 2011.
"Measuring the Impact of Microfinance on Child Health Outcomes in Indonesia,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1808-1819.
- Stephen B. DeLoach & Erika Lamanna, 2009. "Measuring the Impact of Microfinance on Child Health Outcomes in Indonesia," Working Papers 2009-02, Elon University, Department of Economics.
- Asadul Islam & Pushkar Maitra, 2008.
"Health Shocks And Consumption Smoothing In Rural Households: Does Microcredit Have A Role To Play?,"
Monash Economics Working Papers
22/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Islam, Asadul & Maitra, Pushkar, 2012. "Health shocks and consumption smoothing in rural households: Does microcredit have a role to play?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 232-243.
- David Benson & Aaron Lies & Albert Okunade & Phanindra Wunnava, 2011. "Economic impact of a private sector micro-financing scheme in South Dakota," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 157-168, February.
- Beegle, Kathleen & Dehejia, Rajeev H & Gatti, Roberta, 2005.
"Child Labour, Crop Shocks and Credit Constraints,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4881, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Islam, Asadul, 2015. "Heterogeneous effects of microcredit: Evidence from large-scale programs in Bangladesh," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 48-58.
- Khan, Farid & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2015. "Sickness and Death: Economic Consequences and Coping Strategies of the Urban Poor in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 255-266.
- Khan, F.U. & Arjun S. Bedi & Sparrow, R.A., 2014. "Sickness and death," ISS Working Papers - General Series 51366, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Fulford, Scott L., 2013. "The effects of financial development in the short and long run: Theory and evidence from India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 56-72.
- World Bank, 2007. "Social Protection in Pakistan : Managing Household Risks and Vulnerability," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7660, The World Bank.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney, 2007.
"Income Risk and the Benefits of Social Insurance: Evidence from Indonesia and the United States,"
in: Fiscal Policy and Management in East Asia, NBER-EASE, Volume 16, pages 99-121
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney, 2005. "Income Risk and the Benefits of Social Insurance: Evidence from Indonesia and the United States," NBER Working Papers 11708, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Weiss & Heather Montgomery, 2005.
"Great Expectations: Microfinance and Poverty Reduction in Asia and Latin America,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3-4), pages 391-416.
- Weiss, John & Montgomery, Heather, 2004. "Great expectations: microfinance and poverty reduction in Asia and Latin America," MPRA Paper 33142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Czura, Kristina & Klonner, Stefan, 2010. "The Tsunami and the Chit Fund- Evidence from the Indian Ocean Tsunami Hit on Credit Demand in South India," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010 46, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Bazzi, Samuel & Sumarto, Sudarno & Suryahadi, Asep, 2015. "It's all in the timing: Cash transfers and consumption smoothing in a developing country," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 267-288.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Giuseppina Gianfreda, 2008. "When consumption heals producers: the effect of fair trade on marginalised producers’ health and productivity," Working Papers 86, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Mizunoya, Suguru & Mitra, Sophie, 2013.
"Is There a Disability Gap in Employment Rates in Developing Countries?,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 28-43.
- Suguru Mizunoya & Sophie Mitra, 2012. "Is there a Disability Gap in Employment Rates in Developing Countries?," Fordham Economics Discussion Paper Series dp2012_03, Fordham University, Department of Economics.
- repec:frd:wpaper:dp2012-03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamid, Syed Abdul & Roberts, Jennifer & Mosley, Paul, 2011.
"Evaluating the Health Effects of Micro Health Insurance Placement: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 399-411, March.
- Jennifer Roberts & Paul Mosley & Syed Abdul Hammid, 2010. "Evaluating the Health Effects of Micro Health Insurance Placement: Evidence from Bangladesh," Working Papers 2010009, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2010.
- You, Jing, 2013. "The role of microcredit in older children’s nutrition: Quasi-experimental evidence from rural China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 167-179.
- Heriyaldi & Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2013. "Does Micro Finance Institution Improve Welfare? A Double Difference Analysis of Indonesian Community-level Data," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 201307, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Mar 2013.
- Weiss, John & Montgomery, Heather & Kurmanalieva, Elvira, 2003. "Micro finance and poverty reduction in Asia: what is the evidence?," MPRA Paper 33140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Scott Fulford, 2010. "The effects of financial development in the short and long run," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 741, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 31 May 2011.
- Liu, Kai, 2015. "Insuring against Health Shocks: Health Insurance and Household Choices," IZA Discussion Papers 9094, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ambrosius, Christian, 2012. "Are remittances a substitute for credit? Carrying the financial burden of health shocks in national and transnational households," Discussion Papers 2012/9, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.