Capital Flows in Asia
In: Capital Flows and the Emerging Economies: Theory, Evidence, and Controversies
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wei, Shang-Jin & Zhang, Zhiwei, 2007.
"Collateral damage: Exchange controls and international trade,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 841-863, September.
- Zhiwei Zhang & Shang-Jin Wei, 2007. "Collateral Damage; Exchange Controls and International Trade," IMF Working Papers 07/8, International Monetary Fund.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Zhiwei Zhang, 2007. "Collateral Damage: Exchange Controls and International Trade," NBER Working Papers 13020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eiji Ogawa & Lijian Sun, 2001. "How Were Capital Inflows Stimulated under the Dollar Peg System?," NBER Chapters,in: Regional and Global Capital Flows: Macroeconomic Causes and Consequences, NBER-EASE Volume 10, pages 151-190 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Renu Kohli, 2001. "Capital Flows and Their Macroeconomic Effects in India," IMF Working Papers 01/192, International Monetary Fund.
- Bofinger, Peter & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2000.
"Options for the exchange rate policies in the EU accession countries (and other emerging market economies),"
W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers
13, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Bofinger, Peter & Wollmershaeuser, Timo, 2000. "Options For The Exchange Rate Policies Of The EU Accession Countries (And Other Emerging Market Economies)," CEPR Discussion Papers 2379, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Su Zhou, 1998. "Exchange rate systems and linkages in the pacific basin," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, pages 66-84.
- Sylvia Gottschalk & Stephen Hall, 2008. "Foreign direct investment and exchange rate uncertainty in South-East Asia," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 349-359.
- Jahyeong Koo & Sherry L. Kiser, 2001. "Recovery from a financial crisis: the case of South Korea," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q IV, pages 24-36.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 2000.
"Capital Flows and the Behavior of Emerging Market Equity Returns,"
NBER Chapters,in: Capital Flows and the Emerging Economies: Theory, Evidence, and Controversies, pages 159-194
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1998. "Capital Flows and the Behavior of Emerging Market Equity Returns," NBER Working Papers 6669, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Edwards & Domingo F. Cavallo & Arminio Fraga & Jacob Frenkel, 2003. "Exchange Rate Regimes," NBER Chapters,in: Economic and Financial Crises in Emerging Market Economies, pages 31-92 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J Benson Durham, "undated". "Econometrics of the Real Effects of Cross-Border Capital Flows in Emerging Markets," QEH Working Papers qehwps52, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Thomas D. Willett & Aida Budiman & Arthur Denzau & Gab-Je Jo & Cesar Ramos & John Thomas, 2001. "The Falsification of Four Popular Hypotheses about International Financial Behavior during the Asian Crisis," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2001-06, Claremont Colleges, revised Sep 2001.
- Ronald MacDonald, 2010. "International Experiences in Operating Exchange Rate Regimes: Drawing Lessons from the United Arab Emirates," Chapters,in: Currency Union and Exchange Rate Issues, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Goyal, Amit, 2000. "Understanding the financial crisis in Asia," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, pages 135-152.
- Carlos Parodi Trece, 2011. "Las crisis financieras: un marco conceptual," Chapters of Books,in: Carlos Parodi Trece (ed.), La primera crisis financiera internacional del siglo XXI, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 15-76 Fondo Editorial, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Assaf Razin & Ashoka Mody & Efraim Sadka, 2003.
"The Role of Information in Driving FDI Flows; Host-Country Transparency and Source-Country Specialization,"
IMF Working Papers
03/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Ashoka Mody & Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 2003. "The Role of Information in Driving FDI Flows: Host-Country Tranparency and Source Country Specialization," NBER Working Papers 9662, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bodenstein, Martin & Erceg, Christopher J. & Guerrieri, Luca, 2008.
"Optimal monetary policy with distinct core and headline inflation rates,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, pages 18-33.
- Brahima Coulibaly & Jonathan N. Millar, 2008. "The Asian financial crisis, uphill flow of capital, and global imbalances: evidence from a micro study," International Finance Discussion Papers 942, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala, 2002.
"Malaysian Trade Policy and the 2001 WTO Trade Policy Review,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(9), pages 1297-1317, September.
- Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Sen, Kunal, 2002. "Malaysian Trade Policy and the 2001 WTO Trade Policy Review," Departmental Working Papers 2002-07, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- MIYAO Ryuzo, 2002. "Another Look at Origins of the Asian Crisis: Tests of External Borrowing Constraints," ESRI Discussion paper series 011, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Bofinger, Peter & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2000. "Monetary policy and exchange rate targeting in open economies," W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers 14, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- J Benson Durham, "undated". "A Survey of the Econometric Literature on the Real Effects of International Capital Flows in Lower Income Countries," QEH Working Papers qehwps50, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Muge Adalet, 2009. "Were Universal Banks More Vulnerable to Banking Failures? Evidence From the 1931 German Banking Crisis," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 0911, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Jeffrey Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008.
"Estimation of De Facto Exchange Rate Regimes: Synthesis of the Techniques for Inferring Flexibility and Basket Weights,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 55(3), pages 384-416, July.
- Jeffrey Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008. "Estimation of De Facto Exchange Rate Regimes: Synthesis of the Techniques for Inferring Flexibility and Basket Weights," CID Working Papers 157, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008. "Estimation of De Facto Exchange Rate Regimes: Synthesis of the Techniques for Inferring Flexibility and Basket Weights," NBER Working Papers 14016, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2008. "Estimation of De Facto Exchange Rate Regimes: Synthesis of The Techniques for Inferring Flexibility and Basket Weights," Working Paper Series rwp08-026, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Christian Saborowski, 2009. "Capital Inflows and the Real Exchange Rate; Can Financial Development Cure the Dutch Disease?," IMF Working Papers 09/20, International Monetary Fund.
- Reuven Glick & Michael Hutchison, "undated". "Stopping "Hot Money" or Signaling Bad Policy? Capital Controls and the Onset of Currency Crises," EPRU Working Paper Series 00-14, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Yunfang Hu & Murray C. Kemp & Koji Shimomura, 2005.
"A Factor Endowment Theory of Endogenous Growth and International Trade,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, pages 467-481.
- Ryuzo Miyao, 2004. "Economic Fundamentals or Financial Panic? An Empirical Study on the Origins of the Asian Crisis," Discussion Paper Series 151, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Chakraborty, Chandana & Rawlins, Glenville, 2004. "Financial resource flows, macro policy response, and the socio-economic environment: the experience of Latin America and East Asia," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 469-489, September.
- Robert McCauley, 1999. "The Euro and the Dollar, 1998," Open Economies Review, Springer, pages 91-133.
- Takatoshi Ito & Yuko Hashimoto, 2005.
"High-Frequency Contagion of Currency Crises in Asia ,"
Asian Economic Journal,
East Asian Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 357-381, December.
- Takatoshi Ito & Yuko Hashimoto, 2002. "High Frequency Contagion of Currency Crises in Asia," NBER Working Papers 9376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lillian Cheung & Chi-Sang Tam, 2009. "Role of Credit in Equity Market Booms and Busts," Working Papers 0904, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Saoussen Ben Gamra, 2009. "Marchés obligataires et stabilité financière: L'expérience asiatique," CEPN Working Papers hal-00574161, HAL.
- Durham, J.B.J. Benson, 2004. "Absorptive capacity and the effects of foreign direct investment and equity foreign portfolio investment on economic growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 285-306, April.
- de Boyrie Maria E, 2010. "Structural Changes, Causality, and Foreign Direct Investments: Evidence from the Asian Crises of 1997," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, pages 1-40.
- Al-Abri, Almukhtar & Baghestani, Hamid, 2015. "Foreign investment and real exchange rate volatility in emerging Asian countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, pages 34-47.
- Christian Schmidt & Udo Broll, 2009. "Real exchange-rate uncertainty and US foreign direct investment: an empirical analysis," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), pages 513-530.
- Renu Kohli, 2004. "Capital Account Liberalisation: Empirical Evidence and Policy Capital Account Liberalisation: Empirical Evidence and Policy Issues - I," International Finance 0405008, EconWPA.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1999. "Crisis Prevention: Lessons from Mexico and East Asia," NBER Working Papers 7233, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henri Bernard & Joseph Bisignano, 2000. "Information, liquidity and risk in the international interbank market: implicit guarantees and private credit market failure," BIS Working Papers 86, Bank for International Settlements.
- Janus, Thorsten & Riera-Crichton, Daniel, 2013. "International gross capital flows: New uses of balance of payments data and application to financial crises," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, pages 16-28.
- J Benson Durham, "undated". "Time-Series Econometrics of the Real and Financial Effects of Capital Flows: Selected Cases in Africa and Southern Asia," QEH Working Papers qehwps56, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Hashimoto, Yuko, 2003. "An empirical test of likelihood and timing of speculative attacks: the case of Malaysia and Singapore," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, pages 245-259.
- Eric Van Wincoop & Kei-Mu Yi, 2000. "Asia crisis postmortem: where did the money go and did the United States benefit?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 51-70.