Web mining of firm websites: A framework for web scraping and a pilot study for Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Janz, Norbert & Ebling, Günther & Gottschalk, Sandra & Peters, Bettina & Schmidt, Tobias, 2002. "Innovationsverhalten der deutschen Wirtschaft: Indikatorenbericht zur Innovationserhebung 2001," The Annual German Innovation Survey, Key Figures Reports 111699, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Sanjay K. Arora & Jan Youtie & Philip Shapira & Lidan Gao & TingTing Ma, 2013. "Entry strategies in an emerging technology: a pilot web-based study of graphene firms," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 95(3), pages 1189-1207, June.
- Mohammad Arzaghi & J. Vernon Henderson, 2008. "Networking off Madison Avenue," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(4), pages 1011-1038.
- Bersch, Johannes & Gottschalk, Sandra & Müller, Bettina & Niefert, Michaela, 2014. "The Mannheim Enterprise Panel (MUP) and firm statistics for Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-104, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Max Nathan & Anna Rosso, 2017.
Development Working Papers
429, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 08 Apr 2019.
- Nathan, Max & Rosso, Anna, 2019. "Innovative Events," IZA Discussion Papers 12213, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Max Nathan & Anna Rosso, 2019. "Innovative Events," CEP Discussion Papers dp1607, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nathan, Max & Rosso, Anna, 2019. "Innovative events," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 102626, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rammer, Christian & Kinne, Jan & Blind, Knut, 2016. "Microgeography of innovation in the city: Location patterns of innovative firms in Berlin," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-080, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Rammer, Christian & Berger, Marius & Doherr, Thorsten & Hud, Martin & Hünermund, Paul & Iferd, Younes & Peters, Bettina & Schubert, Torben, 2017. "Innovationsverhalten der deutschen Wirtschaft: Indikatorenbericht zur Innovationserhebung 2016," The Annual German Innovation Survey, Key Figures Reports 155758, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsWeb Mining; Web Scraping; R&D; R&I; STI; Innovation; Indicators; Text Mining;
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- C88 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other Computer Software
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BIG-2018-09-03 (Big Data)
- NEP-CMP-2018-09-03 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ICT-2018-09-03 (Information & Communication Technologies)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:18033. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.