Human resource management and labour relations in the Indian industrial sector
This paper addresses gaps in research related to study and understanding of Human Resource Management in the context of Indian Automobile sector. The review is based on the available and published literature in peer reviewed journals of reputation and academic standing. A total of 138 papers were reviewed related to the general context of Human Resource Management practices. Of these, about 65 papers were found relevant and relating to understanding of HRM practices in India specifically in the context of the industrial sector. The timeline for literature review has been taken from 1970 - 2010, as it encompasses the period of industrialization in India, growth of HRM and major transition across Indian industrial sector post economic liberalization - 1991.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Reichpietschufer 50, 10785 Berlin, Germany|
Phone: ++49 - 30 - 25491 - 0
Fax: ++49 - 30 - 25491 - 684
Web page: http://www.wzb.eu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amit K Bhandari & Almas Heshmati, 2008.
"Wage Inequality and Job Insecurity Among Permanent and Contract Workers in India: Evidence from Organized Manufacturing Industries,"
The IUP Journal of Applied Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(1), pages 80-111, January.
- Bhandari, Amit Kumar & Heshmati, Almas, 2006. "Wage Inequality and Job Insecurity among Permanent and Contract Workers in India: Evidence from Organized Manufacturing Industries," IZA Discussion Papers 2097, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bhandari, Amit & Heshmati, Almas, 2006. "Wage Inequality and Job Insecurity among Permanent and Contract Workers in India: Evidence from Organized Manufacturing Industries," Ratio Working Papers 88, The Ratio Institute.
- Debashish Bhattacherjee, 2005. "The Effects of Group Incentives in an Indian Firm: Evidence from Payroll Data," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 19(1), pages 147-173, 03.
- Bhattacherjee, Debashish, 2003. "The Effects of Group Incentives in an Indian Firm - Evidence from Payroll Data," Working Papers 03-14, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Amit Bhandari & Almas Heshmati, 2005. "Labour Use and its Adjustment in Indian Manufacturing Industries," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 261-290.
- Bhandari, Amit Kumar & Heshmati, Almas, 2005. "Labour Use and Its Adjustment in Indian Manufacturing Industries," IZA Discussion Papers 1596, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Heshmati, Almas & Bhandari, Amit K., 2005. "Labour use and its adjustment in Indian manufacturing industries," Discussion Papers 11855, MTT Agrifood Research Finland.
- N. Sivakumar, 2008. "The Business Ethics of Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata – A Forerunner in Promoting Stakeholder Welfare," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(2), pages 353-361, December.
- Baruch, Yehuda & Budhwar, Pawan S., 2006. "A comparative study of career practices for management staff in Britain and India," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 84-101, February.
- Rashmi Banga, 2007. "Impact of Liberalisation on Wages and Employment in Indian Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers id:989, eSocialSciences.
- Sparrow, Paul R. & Budhwar, Pawan S., 1997. "Competition and change: Mapping the indian HRM recipe against world-wide patterns," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 224-242, October.
- Saini, Debi S. & Budhwar, Pawan S., 2008. "Managing the human resource in Indian SMEs: The role of indigenous realities," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 417-434, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:wzbgwp:spiii2012301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.