Impact of Liberalisation on Wages and Employment in Indian Manufacturing Industries
The impact of liberalisation on labour markets is examined by the impact of foreign direct investment (FDI), trade and technology on wages and employment in Indian organised manufacturing industries in the post reforms period [WP No. 153]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2003.
"Characteristics of Foreign-Owned Firms in British Manufacturing,"
NBER Working Papers
9573, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2004. "Characteristics of Foreign-Owned Firms in British Manufacturing," NBER Chapters, in: Seeking a Premier Economy: The Economic Effects of British Economic Reforms, 1980-2000, pages 147-180 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2001. "Characteristics of foreign-owned firms in British manufacturing," IFS Working Papers W01/10, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 633-687, June.
- Aitken, B. & Harrison, A. & Lipsey, R.E., 1995.
"Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States,"
95-21, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & Lipsey, Robert E., 1996. "Wages and foreign ownership A comparative study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 345-371, May.
- Brian Aitken & Ann Harrison & Robert E. Lipsey, 1995. "Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela and the United States," NBER Working Papers 5102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Huizinga, H.P., 1990.
"Unions, taxes and the structure of multinational enterprises,"
Other publications TiSEM
8cd298e3-9d99-4d59-871e-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Huizinga, Harry, 1990. "Unions, taxes and the structure of multinational enterprises," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 73-75, September.
- Nigel Pain, 2000.
"Inward investment and technical progress in the United Kingdom manufacturing sector,"
NIESR Discussion Papers
175, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Hubert, Florence & Pain, Nigel, 2001. "Inward Investment and Technical Progress in the United Kingdom Manufacturing Sector," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(2), pages 134-47, May.
- Carmichael, F, 1992. "Multinational Enterprise and Strikes: Theory and Evidence," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 39(1), pages 52-68, February.
- Rashmi Banga, 2006. "The export-diversifying impact of Japanese and US foreign direct investments in the Indian manufacturing sector," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(4), pages 558-568, July.
- Nickell, Stephen & Bell, Brian, 1996. "Changes in the Distribution of Wages and Unemployment in OECD Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 302-08, May.
- Berman, Eli & Machin, Stephen, 2000. "Skill-Based Technology Transfer around the World," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 12-22, Autumn.
- Gera, S & Masse, P, 1996. "Employment Performance in the Knowledge-Based Economy," Gouvernement du Canada - Industrial Organization 14, Gouvernement du Canada - Industry Canada.
- David Greenaway & Robert Hine & Peter Wright, 2000. "Further evidence on the effect of foreign competition on industry level wages," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 136(3), pages 522-538, 09.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:989. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.