Impact of Liberalisation on Wages and Employment in Indian Manufacturing Industries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carmichael, F, 1992. "Multinational Enterprise and Strikes: Theory and Evidence," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 39(1), pages 52-68, February.
- Gera, S & Masse, P, 1996. "Employment Performance in the Knowledge-Based Economy," Gouvernement du Canada - Industrial Organization 14, Gouvernement du Canada - Industry Canada.
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & Lipsey, Robert E., 1996.
"Wages and foreign ownership A comparative study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 345-371, May.
- Brian Aitken & Ann Harrison & Robert E. Lipsey, 1995. "Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela and the United States," NBER Working Papers 5102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aitken, B. & Harrison, A. & Lipsey, R.E., 1995. "Wages and Foreign Ownership: A Comparative Study of Mexico, Venezuela, and the United States," Papers 95-21, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Huizinga, Harry, 1990.
"Unions, taxes and the structure of multinational enterprises,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 73-75, September.
- Huizinga, H.P., 1990. "Unions, taxes and the structure of multinational enterprises," Other publications TiSEM 8cd298e3-9d99-4d59-871e-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hubert, Florence & Pain, Nigel, 2001.
"Inward Investment and Technical Progress in the United Kingdom Manufacturing Sector,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(2), pages 134-147, May.
- Nigel Pain, 2000. "Inward investment and technical progress in the United Kingdom manufacturing sector," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 175, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Berman, Eli & Machin, Stephen, 2000. "Skill-Based Technology Transfer around the World," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 12-22, Autumn.
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 633-687, June.
- Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2004.
"Characteristics of Foreign-Owned Firms in British Manufacturing,"
NBER Chapters,in: Seeking a Premier Economy: The Economic Effects of British Economic Reforms, 1980-2000, pages 147-180
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2001. "Characteristics of foreign-owned firms in British manufacturing," IFS Working Papers W01/10, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2003. "Characteristics of Foreign-Owned Firms in British Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 9573, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Greenaway & Robert Hine & Peter Wright, 2000. "Further evidence on the effect of foreign competition on industry level wages," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 136(3), pages 522-538, September.
- Rashmi Banga, 2006. "The export-diversifying impact of Japanese and US foreign direct investments in the Indian manufacturing sector," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(4), pages 558-568, July.
- Nickell, Stephen & Bell, Brian, 1996. "Changes in the Distribution of Wages and Unemployment in OECD Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 302-308, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Woong Lee, 2017. "Trade Liberalization and the Aggregate Matching Function in India," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 16(1), pages 120-137, Winter/Sp.
- Karishma Banga, 2017. "Impact of Linking into Global Value Chains on Indian Employment," Working Papers 1701, Council on Economic Policies.
- Gupta, Avnesh Kumar, 2014. "Trade Liberalisation and Its Impact on Employment: An Analysis of Indian Experiences (With Special References of Indian Manufacturing Industries)," MPRA Paper 80030, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Mar 2014.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:57:y:2012:i:01:n:s0217590812500063 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kakarlapudi, Kiran Kumar, 2010. "The Impact of Trade Liberalisation on Employment: Evidence from India’s Manufacturing Sector," MPRA Paper 35872, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jan 2012.
- Richard N. Cooper, 2010. "How Integrated are Chinese and Indian Labour into the World Economy?," Chapters,in: The Shape of the Division of Labour, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Daniel Chudnovsky & Andrés López & Eugenia Orlicki, 2010. "Inequality: The Argentine Experience," Chapters,in: Global Exchange and Poverty, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Rai, Soumi, 2012. "Human resource management and labour relations in the Indian industrial sector," Discussion Papers, Research Group Globalization, Work, and Production SP III 2012-301, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- repec:spr:eurase:v:7:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40822-017-0071-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben Salha, Ousama, 2013. "Does economic globalization affect the level and volatility of labor demand by skill? New insights from the Tunisian manufacturing industries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 572-597.
- Chatterji, Monojit & Choudhury, Homagni, 2010.
"The Changing Inter-Industry Wage Structure of the Organised Manufacturing Sector in India, 1973-74 to 2003-04,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2010-89, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Monojit Chatterji & Homagni Choudhury, 2010. "The Changing Inter-Industry Wage Structure of the Organised Manufacturing Sector in India, 1973-74 to 2003-04," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 244, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Sahu, Pritish Kumar, 2010. "FDI, wage inequality and employment in emerging economies: recent evidence from Indian manufacturing," MPRA Paper 35149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nitin Gupta, 2011. "The Differential Effects of Financial Development on India's Industrial Performance," ASARC Working Papers 2011-12, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Hashim, Danish & Banga, Rashmi, 2009. "Impact of Trade on Labour Productivity and Wage Inequality in India," MPRA Paper 35200, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordstrade; liberalisation; wages; India; manufaturing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:989. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.