Liberalisation and Wage Inequality In India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Barry & Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2004.
"Foreign direct investment, agglomerations, and demonstration effects: An empirical investigation,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 140(3), pages 583-600, September.
- Frank Barry & Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2003. "Foreign direct investment, agglomerations, and demonstration effects: An empirical investigation," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 139(4), pages 583-600, December.
- Frank Barry & Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2001. "Foreign direct investment, agglomerations and demonstration effects : an empirical investigation," Working Papers 200104, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Barry, Frank & Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment, Agglomerations and Demonstration Effects: An Empirical Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 2907, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wood, Adrian, 1997. "Openness and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries: The Latin American Challenge to East Asian Conventional Wisdom," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 33-57, January.
- Hubert, Florence & Pain, Nigel, 2001.
"Inward Investment and Technical Progress in the United Kingdom Manufacturing Sector,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(2), pages 134-147, May.
- Nigel Pain, 2000. "Inward investment and technical progress in the United Kingdom manufacturing sector," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 175, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Taylor, Karl Bernard, 2000. "Uk Earnings Dispersion: An Industry And Regional Perspective," ERSA conference papers ersa00p8, European Regional Science Association.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1999.
"Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-356, February.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development," NBER Working Papers 6241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katz, Lawrence F. & Autor, David H., 1999. "Changes in the wage structure and earnings inequality," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 26, pages 1463-1555 Elsevier.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2004.
"Trade and Productivity,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 613-646.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2001. "Trade and productivity," Economics Working Papers 580, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2002.
- Francisco Alcalá & Antonio Ciccone, 2003. "Trade and Productivity," Working Papers 12, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Alcala, Francisco & Ciccone, Antonio, 2001. "Trade and Productivity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3095, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Davies, Stephen W & Lyons, Bruce R, 1991. "Characterising Relative Performance: The Productivity Advantage of Foreign Owned Firms in the UK," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(4), pages 584-595, October.
- Paolo Figini & Holger Görg, 1999.
"Multinational companies and wage inequality in the host country: The case of Ireland,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 135(4), pages 594-612, December.
- Paolo Figini & Holger Görg, 1998. "Multinational Companies and Wage Inequality in the Host Country: The Case of Ireland," Economics Technical Papers 9816, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Figini, Paolo & Görg, Holger, 1999. "Multinational companies and wage inequality in the host country: the case of Ireland," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 2344, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Edward M. Graham & Erika Wada, 2000. "Domestic Reform, Trade and Investment Liberalisation, Financial Crisis, and Foreign Direct Investment into Mexico," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(6), pages 777-797, June.
- Gera, S & Masse, P, 1996. "Employment Performance in the Knowledge-Based Economy," Gouvernement du Canada - Industrial Organization 14, Gouvernement du Canada - Industry Canada.
- Berman, Eli & Machin, Stephen, 2000. "Skill-Based Technology Transfer around the World," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 12-22, Autumn.
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 633-687, June.
- Stephen Machin & John Van Reenen, 1998.
"Technology and Changes in Skill Structure: Evidence from Seven OECD Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1215-1244.
- Machin, S. & Van Reenen, J., 1997. "Technology and Changes in Skill Structure: Evidence from Seven OECD Countries," Papers 24, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Stephen Machin & John Van Reenen, 1998. "Technology and changes in skill structure: evidence from seven OECD countries," IFS Working Papers W98/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Paul R. Krugman, 2000. "Crises : the price of globalization?," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 75-106.
- Florence Hubert & Nigel Pain, 2000. "Inward Investment and Technical Progress in the UK Manufacturing Sector," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 268, OECD Publishing.
- Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard M, 2000.
"Foreign Investment and Productivity Growth in Czech Enterprises,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 49-64, January.
- Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1999. "Foreign investment and productivity growth in Czech enterprises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2115, The World Bank.
- Driffield, Nigel & Taylor, Karl, 2000. "FDI and the Labour Market: A Review of the Evidence and Policy Implications," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 90-103, Autumn.
- Liu, Xiaming & Parker, David & Vaidya, Kirit & Wei, Yingqi, 2001. "The impact of foreign direct investment on labour productivity in the Chinese electronics industry," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 421-439, August.
- Markusen, James R & Venables, Anthony J, 1997.
"The Role of Multinational Firms in the Wage-Gap Debate,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 435-451, November.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony, 1996. "The role of multinational firms in the wage-gap debate," Discussion Papers, Series II 322, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- James McDonald & Harry Bloch, 1999. "The Spillover Effects of Industrial Action on Firm Profitability," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(2), pages 183-200, September.
- Yih-Chyi Chuang & Chi-Mei Lin, 1999. "Foreign direct investment, R&D and spillover efficiency: Evidence from Taiwan's manufacturing firms," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 117-137.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gupta Manash Ranjan & Dutta Priya Brata, 2014. "Skilled-Unskilled Wage Inequality, Growth of Skilled Labour and Development Policies," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-26, June.
- Sahu, Pritish Kumar, 2010. "FDI, wage inequality and employment in emerging economies: recent evidence from Indian manufacturing," MPRA Paper 35149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eckhard Siggel & Pradeep Agrawal, 2009. "The Impact Of Economic Reforms On Indian Manufacturers : Evidence From A Small Sample Survey," Development Economics Working Papers 22930, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Alokesh Baura & Priyanta Ghosh, 2015. "On Wage Inequality, Trade and Technology: Theory and Empirics," Centre for International Trade and Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi Discussion Papers 15-09, Centre for International Trade and Development, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- Javed Iqbal & Misbah Nosheen & Syed Nawab Haider Naqvi, 2015. "Trade Shocks and Labour Adjustment: Evidence from Pakistan’s Manufacturing Industries," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 54(3), pages 197-214.
- Li, Xiaochun & Zhou, Yu, 2013. "An economic analysis of remittance of unskilled migration on skilled–unskilled wage inequality in labor host region," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 428-432.
- Hashim, Danish & Banga, Rashmi, 2009. "Impact of Trade on Labour Productivity and Wage Inequality in India," MPRA Paper 35200, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pan, Lijun & Zhou, Yu, 2013. "International factor mobility, environmental pollution and skilled–unskilled wage inequality in developing countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 826-831.
- Pi, Jiancai & Zhou, Yu, 2013. "Institutional quality and skilled–unskilled wage inequality," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 356-363.
More about this item
KeywordsManufacturing sector; Skills;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.