Regional disparities in employment of high-skilled foreigners: Determinants and options for migration policy in Germany
We investigate the regional disparities in high-skilled foreign employment in Germany. The importance of different factors which attract highly qualified migrants to specific regions and the role of labour-migration policy is analysed. Our results show that labour-market variables as well as the supply of tertiary education are important for the location choice. Based on these empirical results we discuss options of decentralized migration policy in Germany.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Heimhuder Str. 71, D-20148 Hamburg|
Phone: +49 (0)40 34 05 76 - 0
Fax: +49 (0)40 34 05 76 - 776
Web page: http://www.hwwi.org/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin & Stiller, Silvia, 2006.
"Integration and labour markets in European border regions,"
Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research,
Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 39(1), pages 57-76.
- Annekatrin Niebuhr & Silvia Stiller, 2004. "Integration and Labour Markets in European Border regions," ERSA conference papers ersa04p29, European Regional Science Association.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin & Stiller, Silvia, 2004. "Integration and Labour Markets in European Border Regions," HWWA Discussion Papers 284, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Klaus Zimmermann, 2005. "European Labour Mobility: Challenges and Potentials," De Economist, Springer, vol. 153(4), pages 425-450, December.
- Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2004. "European Labour Mobility: Challenges and Potentials," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 460, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2004. "European Labour Mobility: Challenges and Potentials," IZA Discussion Papers 1410, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas K. Bauer & Astrid Kunze, 2004. "The demand for high-skilled workers and immigration policy," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 47(1), pages 77-88.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Kunze, Astrid, 2003. "The Demand for High-skilled Worker and Immigration Policy," RWI Discussion Papers 11, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Bauer, Thomas & Kunze, Astrid, 2004. "The Demand for High-Skilled Workers and Immigration Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 4274, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Kunze, Astrid, 2004. "The Demand for High-Skilled Workers and Immigration Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 999, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:39:i:1:p:57-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Liebig & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2005. "Taxation, Ethnic Ties and the Location Choice of Highly Skilled Immigrants," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 24, OECD Publishing. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hwwirp:3-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.