Regional disparities in employment of high-skilled foreigners: Determinants and options for migration policy in Germany
We investigate the regional disparities in high-skilled foreign employment in Germany. The importance of different factors which attract highly qualified migrants to specific regions and the role of labour-migration policy is analysed. Our results show that labour-market variables as well as the supply of tertiary education are important for the location choice. Based on these empirical results we discuss options of decentralized migration policy in Germany.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 (0)40 34 05 76 - 0
Fax: +49 (0)40 34 05 76 - 776
Web page: http://www.hwwi.org/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas K. Bauer & Astrid Kunze, 2004.
"The demand for high-skilled workers and immigration policy,"
Brussels Economic Review,
ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 47(1), pages 77-88.
- Bauer, Thomas & Kunze, Astrid, 2004. "The Demand for High-Skilled Workers and Immigration Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 4274, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Kunze, Astrid, 2004. "The Demand for High-Skilled Workers and Immigration Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 999, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2004.
"European Labour Mobility: Challenges and Potentials,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
460, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Klaus Zimmermann, 2005. "European Labour Mobility: Challenges and Potentials," De Economist, Springer, vol. 153(4), pages 425-450, December.
- Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2004. "European Labour Mobility: Challenges and Potentials," IZA Discussion Papers 1410, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin & Stiller, Silvia, 2006.
"Integration and labour markets in European border regions,"
Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research,
Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 39(1), pages 57-76.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin & Stiller, Silvia, 2004. "Integration and Labour Markets in European Border Regions," HWWA Discussion Papers 284, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Annekatrin Niebuhr & Silvia Stiller, 2004. "Integration and Labour Markets in European Border regions," ERSA conference papers ersa04p29, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:39:i:1:p:57-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Liebig & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2005. "Taxation, Ethnic Ties and the Location Choice of Highly Skilled Immigrants," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 24, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hwwirp:3-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.