Regionalization of national input-output tables: Empirical evidence on the use of the FLQ formula
This paper contributes to the ongoing debate about deriving the value of the exponent when using Flegg's location quotient (FLQ) formula which helps to simulate regional input-output tables. Using a survey-based regional input-output table, the empirical analysis provides evidence of an optimal for the German Federal of State Baden-Wuerttemberg. Furthermore, an extended formula (SFLQ) is introduced allowing for variation in by industry. Finally, this paper demonstrates the advantage of the SFLQ and finds evidence for a close relationship between the spatial concentration of an industry at the national level and its propensity to import goods and services from other regions.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 (0)40 34 05 76 - 0
Fax: +49 (0)40 34 05 76 - 776
Web page: http://www.hwwi.org/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tobias Kronenberg, 2009. "Construction of Regional Input-Output Tables Using Nonsurvey Methods," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 32(1), pages 40-64, January.
- A. T. Flegg & C. D. Webber, 1997. "On the Appropriate Use of Location Quotients in Generating Regional Input-Output Tables: Reply," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(8), pages 795-805.
- Anthony Flegg & Timo Tohmo, 2011. "Regional Input-Output Tables and the FLQ Formula: A Case Study of Finland," ERSA conference papers ersa11p334, European Regional Science Association.
- JH Ll DEWHURST, .
"Regional Size, Industrial Location And Input-Output Expenditure Coefficients,"
Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics
074, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Philip Mccann & John H. LL. Dewhurst, 1998. "Regional Size, Industrial Location and Input-Output Expenditure Coefficients," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(5), pages 435-444.
- F J Harrigan & J W McGilvray & I H McNicoll, 1980. "Simulating the structure of a regional economy," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 12(8), pages 927-936, August.
- Steven Brand & Stephen Hill & Max Munday, 2000. "Assessing the Impacts of Foreign Manufacturing on Regional Economies: The Cases of Wales, Scotland and the West Midlands," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 343-355.
- Tobias Kronenberg, 2010. "Erstellung einer Input-Output-Tabelle für Mecklenburg-Vorpommern," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 223-248, September.
- Andrea Bonfiglio, 2009. "On The Parameterization Of Techniques For Representing Regional Economic Structures," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 115-127.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hwwirp:126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.