Should I stay or should I go? Migration and job-skills mismatch among Italian doctoral recipients
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- S. Ercolano, 2012. "Italian Dualism in Foreign Scholars' Analyses," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 411-444.
- Maarten van Ham & Clara H Mulder & Pieter Hooimeijer, 2001.
"Spatial Flexibility in Job Mobility: Macrolevel Opportunities and Microlevel Restrictions,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 33(5), pages 921-940, May.
- Maarten van Ham & Clara H Mulder & Pieter Hooimeijer, 2001. "Spatial flexibility in job mobility: macrolevel opportunities and microlevel restrictions," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(5), pages 921-940, May.
- Nicola Francesco Dotti & Ugo Fratesi & Camilla Lenzi & Marco Percoco, 2014. "Local labour market conditions and the spatial mobility of science and technology university students: evidence from Italy," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 34(2), pages 119-137, October.
- Simona Iammarino & Elisabetta Marinelli, 2015. "Education-Job (Mis)Match and Interregional Migration: Italian University Graduates' Transition to Work," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(5), pages 866-882, May.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:3:p:1370-1387 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Seamus McGuinness & Adele Bergin & Adele Whelan, 2018.
"Overeducation in Europe: trends, convergence, and drivers,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 70(4), pages 994-1015.
- McGuinness, Seamus & Bergin, Adele & Whelan, Adele, 2017. "Overeducation in Europe: Trends, Convergence and Drivers," IZA Discussion Papers 10678, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Carlo Devillanova, 2013. "Over-education and spatial flexibility: New evidence from Italian survey data," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(3), pages 445-464, August.
- Giuseppe Lucio Gaeta, 2015.
"Was it worth it? An empirical analysis of over-education among PhD recipients in Italy,"
International Journal of Social Economics,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 42(3), pages 222-238, March.
- Giuseppe Lucio Gaeta, 2013. "Was it worth it? An empirical analysis of over-education among Ph.D. recipients in Italy," Working Papers 1302, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Buchel, Felix & van Ham, Maarten, 2003.
"Overeducation, regional labor markets, and spatial flexibility,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 482-493, May.
- Büchel, Felix & van Ham, Maarten, 2002. "Overeducation, Regional Labour Markets and Spatial Flexibility," IZA Discussion Papers 424, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lee, Hsing-fen & Miozzo, Marcela & Laredo, Philippe, 2010. "Career patterns and competences of PhDs in science and engineering in the knowledge economy: The case of graduates from a UK research-based university," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 869-881, September.
- repec:spr:italej:v:3:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40797-017-0053-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPh.D. holders; job-education mismatch; migration;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EUR-2019-04-22 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LMA-2019-04-22 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIG-2019-04-22 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2019-04-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:340. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/glaboea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.