I’m Neither Racist nor Xenophobic, but: Dissecting European Attitudes towards a Ban on Muslims’ Immigration
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marfouk, Abdeslam, 2016. "I’m Neither Racist nor Xenophobic, but: Dissecting European Attitudes towards a Ban on Muslims’ Immigration," MPRA Paper 79747, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dustmann Christian & Preston Ian P, 2007.
"Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-41, November.
- Dustmann, Christian & Preston, Ian, 2000. "Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration," IZA Discussion Papers 190, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Christian Dustmann & Ian Preston, 2000. "Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0839, Econometric Society.
- Dustmann, Christian & Preston, Ian, 2000. "Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration," CEPR Discussion Papers 2542, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christian Dustmann & Ian Preston, 2004. "Racial and Economic Factors in Attitudes to Immigration," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0401, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Michael Fertig & Christoph Schmidt, 2011. "Attitudes towards foreigners and Jews in Germany: identifying the determinants of xenophobia in a large opinion survey," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 99-128, March.
- John W. Ayers & C. Richard Hofstetter & Keith Schnakenberg & Bohdan Kolody, 2009. "Is Immigration a Racial Issue? Anglo Attitudes on Immigration Policies in a Border County," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 90(3), pages 593-610, September.
- Sides, John & Citrin, Jack, 2007. "European Opinion About Immigration: The Role of Identities, Interests and Information," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 477-504, July.
- Kenneth F. Scheve & Matthew J. Slaughter, 2001. "Labor Market Competition And Individual Preferences Over Immigration Policy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 133-145, February.
- O'Rourke, Kevin H. & Sinnott, Richard, 2006.
"The determinants of individual attitudes towards immigration,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 838-861, December.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Richard Sinnott, 2004. "The Determinants of Individual Attitudes Towards Immigration," Trinity Economics Papers 20042, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Malchow-Møller, Nikolaj & Munch, Jakob Roland & Schroll, Sanne & Skaksen, Jan Rose, 2008. "Attitudes towards immigration--Perceived consequences and economic self-interest," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 254-257, August.
- Ben-Nun Bloom, Pazit & Arikan, Gizem & Courtemanche, Marie, 2015. "Religious Social Identity, Religious Belief, and Anti-Immigration Sentiment," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 203-221, May.
More about this item
KeywordsInternatonal migration; discrimination; islamophobia; racism; public opinion;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- J79 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INT-2018-03-05 (International Trade)
- NEP-MIG-2018-03-05 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-POL-2018-03-05 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/glaboea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.