Clarifying Poverty Decomposition
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul, Satya, 2004. "Income sources effects on inequality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 435-451, February.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Ang, B.W., 1995. "Decomposition methodology in industrial energy demand analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 20(11), pages 1081-1095.
- Guanghua Wan & Zhangyue Zhou, 2005. "Income Inequality in Rural China: Regression-based Decomposition Using Household Data," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 107-120, February.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
- Fiorio, Carlo V., 2006.
"Understanding inequality trends: microsimulation decomposition for Italy,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6544, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Carlo V. Fiorio, 2006. "Understanding Inequality Trends:Microsimulation Decomposition for Italy," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 78, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Muller, Adrian, 2006.
"Putting decomposition of energy use and pollution on a firm footing - clarifications on the residual, zero and negative values and strategies to assess the performance of decomposition methods,"
Working Papers in Economics
213, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 10 Aug 2007.
- Muller, Adrian, 2006. "Putting decomposition of energy use and pollution on a firm footing - clarifications on the residual, zero and negative values and strategies to assess the performance of decomposition methods," Working Papers in Economics 215, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 10 Aug 2007.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-442, June.
- Kai-yuen Tsui, 1996. "Growth-equity decomposition of a change in poverty: An axiomatic approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 417-423, March.
- Thorbecke, Erik & Jung, Hong-Sang, 1996. "A multiplier decomposition method to analyze poverty alleviation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 279-300, March.
- Ang, B. W., 2004. "Decomposition analysis for policymaking in energy:: which is the preferred method?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1131-1139, June.
- Trivedi, P K, 1981. "Some Discrete Approximations to Divisia Integral Indices," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(1), pages 71-77, February.
- Stanislav Kolenikov & Anthony Shorrocks, 2005. "A Decomposition Analysis of Regional Poverty in Russia," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 25-46, February.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2006.
"Economic reform, growth and the poor: Evidence from rural Ethiopia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 1-24, October.
- Stefan Dercon, 2001. "Economic reform, growth and the poor: evidence from rural Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 2001-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Ang, B. W. & Liu, F. L. & Chew, E. P., 2003. "Perfect decomposition techniques in energy and environmental analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 1561-1566, November.
- Sun, J. W., 1998. "Changes in energy consumption and energy intensity: A complete decomposition model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 85-100, February.
- Bruvoll, Annegrete & Larsen, Bodil Merethe, 2004.
"Greenhouse gas emissions in Norway: do carbon taxes work?,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 493-505, March.
- Annegrete Bruvoll & Bodil Merethe Larsen, 2002. "Greenhouse gas emissions in Norway Do carbon taxes work?," Discussion Papers 337, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Kraay, Aart, 2006. "When is growth pro-poor? Evidence from a panel of countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 198-227, June.
- Vani K. Borooah, 2005. "Caste, Inequality, and Poverty in India," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 399-414, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masato Okamoto, 2011. "Source decomposition of changes in income inequality: the integral-based approach and its approximation by the chained Shapley-value approach," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(2), pages 145-181, June.
- Gutierrez, Catalina & Orecchia, Carlo & Paci, Pierella & Serneels, Pieter, 2007. "Does employment generation really matter for poverty reduction ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4432, The World Bank.
- Florent Bresson, 2008. "The estimation of the growth and redistribution components of changes in poverty: a reassessment," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(14), pages 1-7.
- Åsa Löfgren & Adrian Muller, 2010.
"Swedish CO 2 Emissions 1993–2006: An Application of Decomposition Analysis and Some Methodological Insights,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 47(2), pages 221-239, October.
- Löfgren, Åsa & Muller, Adrian, 2008. "Swedish CO2-Emissions 1993 - 2006 – An Application of Decomposition Analysis and Some Methodological Insights," Working Papers in Economics 311, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 01 Jan 2010.
- Gianni Toniolo & Giovanni Vecchi, 2007. "Italian Children at Work, 1881-1961," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 66(3), pages 401-427, November.
- Muller, Adrian & Åsa, Löfgren & Thomas, Sterner, 2011. "Decoupling: Is there a Separate Contribution from Environmental Taxation," Working Papers in Economics 486, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Negre, Mario, 2010. "Concepts and Operationalization of Pro-Poor Growth," WIDER Working Paper Series 047, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
Keywordspoverty analysis; poverty measures; decomposition; Shapley-value; inequality;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:gdec08:30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfselea.html .