Economic reform, growth and the poor: evidence from rural Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dercon, Stefan, 2006. "Economic reform, growth and the poor: Evidence from rural Ethiopia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 1-24, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique & Gautam, Madhur, 1995. "Testing a social safety net," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 175-199, June.
- Grootaert, Christiaan, 1995. "Structural change and poverty in Africa: A decomposition anakysis for Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 375-401, August.
- Lipton, Michael & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and policy," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2551-2657 Elsevier.
- S. R. Johnson & Gordon C. Rausser, 1971. "Effects of Misspecifications of Log-Linear Functions When Sample Values are Zero or Negative," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 53(1), pages 120-124.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-1417, November.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1990. "Rural Welfare Effects of Food Price Changes under Induced Wage Responses: Theory and Evidence for Bangladesh," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 574-585, July.
- Deaton, Angus, 1989. "Rice Prices and Income Distribution in Thailand: A Non-parametric Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(395), pages 1-37, Supplemen.
- Bourguignon, Francois & de Melo, Jaime & Morrisson, Christian, 1991.
"Poverty and income distribution during adjustment: Issues and evidence from the OECD project,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(11), pages 1485-1508, November.
- Bourguignon, Francois & de Melo, Jaime & Morrisson, Christian, 1991. "Poverty and income distribution during adjustment : issues and evidence from the OECD project," Policy Research Working Paper Series 810, The World Bank.
- Michael Lokshin & Martin Ravallion, 2000. "Welfare Impacts of the 1998 Financial Crisis in Russia and the Response of the Public Safety Net," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(2), pages 269-295, July.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Bevan, David & Collier, Paul & Dercon, Stefan & Gunning, Jan & Pradhan, Sanjay, 1995. "Some economic consequences of the transition from civil war to peace," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1392, The World Bank.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000. "Vulnerability, seasonality and poverty in Ethiopia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 25-53.
- Demery, Lionel & Squire, Lyn, 1996. "Macroeconomic Adjustment and Poverty in Africa: An Emerging Picture," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 39-59, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1992. "Growth and redistribution components of changes in poverty measures : A decomposition with applications to Brazil and India in the 1980s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 275-295, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefan Dercon & Daniel O. Gilligan & John Hoddinott & Tassew Woldehanna, 2009.
"The Impact of Agricultural Extension and Roads on Poverty and Consumption Growth in Fifteen Ethiopian Villages,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1007-1021.
- Dercon, Stefan & Gilligan, Daniel O. & Hoddinott, John & Woldehan, Tassew, 2008. "The impact of agricultural extension and roads on poverty and consumption growth in fifteen Ethiopian villages:," IFPRI discussion papers 840, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bezu, Sosina & Barrett, Christopher B. & Holden, Stein T., 2012.
"Does the Nonfarm Economy Offer Pathways for Upward Mobility? Evidence from a Panel Data Study in Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1634-1646.
- Bezu, Sosina & Barrett, Christopher B. & Holden, Stein T., 2010. "Does the nonfarm economy offer pathways for upward mobility? Evidence from a panel data study in Ethiopia," MPRA Paper 35754, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Muller, Adrian, 2006.
"Clarifying Poverty Decomposition,"
Working Papers in Economics
217, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 17 Nov 2008.
- Müller, Adrian, 2008. "Clarifying Poverty Decomposition," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 30, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Daniel Ayalew Mekonnen & Daniel Ayalew Mekonnen & Nicolas Gerber & Nicolas Gerber, 2016.
"Aspirations and income, food security and subjective well-being in rural Ethiopia,"
FOODSECURE Working papers
51, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Mekonnen, Daniel Ayalew & Gerber, Nicolas, 2016. "Aspirations and income, food security and subjective well-being in rural Ethiopia," Discussion Papers 234562, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Jeni Klugman, 2007. "Ethiopia : Explaining Food Price Inflation," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19539, The World Bank.
- Stephan Klasen & Nathalie Scholl & Rahul Lahoti & Sophie Ochmann & Sebastian Vollmer, 2016. "Inequality – Worldwide Trends and Current Debates," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 209, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Pan, Lei & Christiaensen, Luc, 2012.
"Who is Vouching for the Input Voucher? Decentralized Targeting and Elite Capture in Tanzania,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1619-1633.
- Pan, Lei & Christiaensen, Luc, 2011. "Who is vouching for the input voucher ? decentralized targeting and elite capture in Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5651, The World Bank.
- Pan, Lei & Christiaensen, Luc J.M., 2012. "Who is Vouching for the Input Voucher? Decentralized Targeting and Elite Capture in Tanzania," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 122905, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Espen Villanger & Anette Walstad Enes, 2004. "The role of participation and empowerment in income and poverty dynamics in Indonesia 1993-2000," CMI Working Papers WP 2004: 13, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Laura Camfield & Keetie Roelen, 2013. "Household Trajectories in Rural Ethiopia: What Can a Mixed Method Approach Tell Us About the Impact of Poverty on Children?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 729-749, September.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2009.
"Are There Lessons for Africa from China's Success Against Poverty?,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 303-313, February.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2008. "Are there lessons for africa from China's success against poverty ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4463, The World Bank.
- Ahmad Ahmad & Olalekan Aworinde, 2015. "Structural breaks and twin deficits hypothesis in African countries," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 1-35, February.
- Stefan Dercon (QEH), "undated".
"Globalization and Marginalization in Africa: Poverty, Risk and Vulnerability in rural Ethiopia,"
QEH Working Papers
qehwps147, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2007. "Globalization and Marginalization in Africa: Poverty, Risk, and Vulnerability in Rural Ethiopia," WIDER Working Paper Series 073, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Julie Litchfield & Thomas McGregor, 2008. "Poverty in Kagera, Tanzania: Characteristics, Causes and Constraints," PRUS Working Papers 42, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Aksoy, M. Ataman & Isik-Dikmelik, Aylin, 2007. "The role of services in rural income : the case of Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4180, The World Bank.
- Barbier, Edward B., 2012. "Natural capital, ecological scarcity and rural poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6232, The World Bank.
- Bigsten, Arne & Shimeles, Abebe, 2008. "Poverty Transition and Persistence in Ethiopia: 1994-2004," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1559-1584, September.
- Alem, Yonas, 2014. "Poverty Persistence and Intra-Household Heterogeneity in Occupations: Some Evidence from Ethiopia," Discussion Papers dp-14-05-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Husmann, Christine, 2016. "Marginality as a Root Cause of Poverty: Identifying Marginality Hotspots in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 420-435.
- Alem, Yonas, 2013. "Poverty Persistence and Intra-Household Heterogeneity in Occupations: Evidence from Urban Ethiopia," Working Papers in Economics 580, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Kacem, Rami Ben Haj, 2012. "Monetary versus non-monetary pro-poor growth: Evidence from rural Ethiopia between 2004 and 2009," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-62, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ambaye, Guesh Gebremeske, 2012. "Perception of Poverty by Ethiopian Rural Households: Using a Self Reported approach," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 4(4), December.
- Isik-Dikmelik, Aylin, 2006. "Trade reforms and welfare : an ex-post decomposition of income in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4049, The World Bank.
More about this item
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csa:wpaper:2001-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia Coffey). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csaoxuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.