Assessing small-scale raspberry producers' risk and ambiguity preferences: Evidence from field-experiment data in rural Chile
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Steffen Andersen & John Fountain & Glenn Harrison & E. Rutström, 2014.
"Estimating subjective probabilities,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 207-229, June.
- Andersen, Steffen & Fountain, John & Harrison, Glenn W. & Rutström, Elisabet E., 2009. "Estimating Subjective Probabilities," Working Papers 05-2009, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Steffen Andersen & John Fountain & Glenn W. Harrison & E. Elisabet RutstrÃ¶m, 2010. "Estimating Subjective Probabilities," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2010-08, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Ihli, Hanna Julia & Musshoff, Oliver, 2013. "Understanding the Investment Behavior of Ugandan Smallholder Farmers: An Experimental Analysis," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150331, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Elabed, Ghada & Carter, Michael R., 2015.
"Compound-risk aversion, ambiguity and the willingness to pay for microinsurance,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 150-166.
- Ghada Elabed & Michael R. Carter, 2015. "Compound-Risk Aversion, Ambiguity, and the Willingness to Pay for Microinsurance," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 0b775319df3d4ac0b981cc83e, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Steffen Andersen & Glenn W. Harrison & Morten I. Lau & E. Elisabet Rutström, 2008. "Eliciting Risk and Time Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(3), pages 583-618, May.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Naranjo, Maria A., 2011. "The effect of ambiguous risk, and coordination on farmers' adaptation to climate change — A framed field experiment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2317-2326.
- Géraldine Bocquého & Florence Jacquet & Arnaud Reynaud, 2014.
"Expected utility or prospect theory maximisers? Assessing farmers' risk behaviour from field-experiment data,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 41(1), pages 135-172, February.
- Géraldine Bocqueho & Florence Jacquet & Arnaud Reynaud, 2014. "Expected utility or prospect theory maximisers? Assessing farmers' risk behaviour from field-experiment data," Post-Print hal-01000072, HAL.
- Galarza, Francisco B. & Carter, Michael R., 2010.
"Risk Preferences and Demand for Insurance in Peru: A Field Experiment,"
2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado
61871, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Francisco B. Galarza & Michael R. Carter, 2011. "Risk preferences and demand for insurance in Peru: a field experiment," Working Papers 11-08, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Johansson-Stenman, Olof, 2008. "Mad cows, terrorism and junk food: Should public policy reflect perceived or objective risks?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 234-248, March.
- Galarza, Francisco, 2009. "Choices under Risk in Rural Peru," MPRA Paper 17708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2013. "Informal Risk Sharing, Index Insurance, and Risk Taking in Developing Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 375-380, May.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Steffen Andersen & Glenn Harrison & Morten Lau & E. Rutström, 2009. "Elicitation using multiple price list formats," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 12(3), pages 365-366, September.
- Love, Abby & Magnan, Nicholas & Colson, Gregory J., 2014. "Male and Female Risk Preferences and Maize Technology Adoption in Kenya," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170241, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- McIntosh, Craig & Povel, Felix & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2015. "Utility, Risk, and Demand for Incomplete Insurance: Lab Experiments with Guatemalan Cooperatives," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt89k8r3qf, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Tesfamicheal Wossen & Thomas Berger & Salvatore Di Falco, 2015. "Social capital, risk preference and adoption of improved farm land management practices in Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(1), pages 81-97, January.
- Patrick S. Ward & Vartika Singh, 2015. "Using Field Experiments to Elicit Risk and Ambiguity Preferences: Behavioural Factors and the Adoption of New Agricultural Technologies in Rural India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(6), pages 707-724, June.
- Ihli, Hanna Julia & Musshoff, Oliver, 2013. "Investment Behavior of Ugandan Smallholder Farmers: An Experimental Analysis," Discussion Papers 154775, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk Preferences; Ambiguity Preferences; Small-scale Producers; Raspberry Producers; Producers' Preferences Elicitation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-01-01 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2017-01-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2017-01-01 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2017-01-01 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:daredp:1610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iagoede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.