Assessing small-scale raspberry producers' risk and ambiguity preferences: Evidence from field-experiment data in rural Chile
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Steffen Andersen & John Fountain & Glenn Harrison & E. Rutström, 2014.
"Estimating subjective probabilities,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 207-229, June.
- Andersen, Steffen & Fountain, John & Harrison, Glenn W. & Rutström, Elisabet E., 2009. "Estimating Subjective Probabilities," Working Papers 05-2009, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Steffen Andersen & John Fountain & Glenn W. Harrison & E. Elisabet RutstrÃ¶m, 2010. "Estimating Subjective Probabilities," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2010-08, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Ihli, Hanna Julia & Musshoff, Oliver, 2013. "Understanding the Investment Behavior of Ugandan Smallholder Farmers: An Experimental Analysis," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150331, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Elabed, Ghada & Carter, Michael R., 2015.
"Compound-risk aversion, ambiguity and the willingness to pay for microinsurance,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 150-166.
- Ghada Elabed & Michael R. Carter, 2015. "Compound-Risk Aversion, Ambiguity, and the Willingness to Pay for Microinsurance," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 0b775319df3d4ac0b981cc83e, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Steffen Andersen & Glenn W. Harrison & Morten I. Lau & E. Elisabet Rutström, 2008. "Eliciting Risk and Time Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(3), pages 583-618, May.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik & Naranjo, Maria A., 2011. "The effect of ambiguous risk, and coordination on farmers' adaptation to climate change — A framed field experiment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2317-2326.
- Géraldine Bocquého & Florence Jacquet & Arnaud Reynaud, 2014.
"Expected utility or prospect theory maximisers? Assessing farmers' risk behaviour from field-experiment data,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 41(1), pages 135-172, February.
- Géraldine Bocqueho & Florence Jacquet & Arnaud Reynaud, 2014. "Expected utility or prospect theory maximisers? Assessing farmers' risk behaviour from field-experiment data," Post-Print hal-01000072, HAL.
- Galarza, Francisco B. & Carter, Michael R., 2010.
"Risk Preferences and Demand for Insurance in Peru: A Field Experiment,"
2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado
61871, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Francisco B. Galarza & Michael R. Carter, 2011. "Risk preferences and demand for insurance in Peru: a field experiment," Working Papers 11-08, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Johansson-Stenman, Olof, 2008. "Mad cows, terrorism and junk food: Should public policy reflect perceived or objective risks?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 234-248, March.
- Galarza, Francisco, 2009. "Choices under Risk in Rural Peru," MPRA Paper 17708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2013. "Informal Risk Sharing, Index Insurance, and Risk Taking in Developing Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 375-380, May.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Steffen Andersen & Glenn Harrison & Morten Lau & E. Rutström, 2009. "Elicitation using multiple price list formats," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 12(3), pages 365-366, September.
- Love, Abby & Magnan, Nicholas & Colson, Gregory J., 2014. "Male and Female Risk Preferences and Maize Technology Adoption in Kenya," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170241, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- McIntosh, Craig & Povel, Felix & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2015. "Utility, Risk, and Demand for Incomplete Insurance: Lab Experiments with Guatemalan Cooperatives," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt89k8r3qf, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Tesfamicheal Wossen & Thomas Berger & Salvatore Di Falco, 2015. "Social capital, risk preference and adoption of improved farm land management practices in Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 46(1), pages 81-97, January.
- Patrick S. Ward & Vartika Singh, 2015. "Using Field Experiments to Elicit Risk and Ambiguity Preferences: Behavioural Factors and the Adoption of New Agricultural Technologies in Rural India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(6), pages 707-724, June.
- Ihli, Hanna Julia & Musshoff, Oliver, 2013. "Investment Behavior of Ugandan Smallholder Farmers: An Experimental Analysis," Discussion Papers 154775, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk Preferences; Ambiguity Preferences; Small-scale Producers; Raspberry Producers; Producers' Preferences Elicitation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-01-01 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2017-01-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2017-01-01 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2017-01-01 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:daredp:1610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iagoede.html .