Informal Risk Sharing, Index Insurance, and Risk Taking in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arnott, Richard & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1991. "Moral Hazard and Nonmarket Institutions: Dysfunctional Crowding Out or Peer Monitoring?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 179-190, March.
- Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak & Mark Rosenzweig, 2012.
"Selling Formal Insurance to the Informally Insured,"
1007, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Mobarak, A. Mushfiq & Rosenzweig, Mark, 2012. "Selling Formal Insurance to the Informally Insured," Working Papers 97, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- A. Mushfiq Mobarak & Mark Rosenzweig, 2012. "Selling Formal Insurance to the Informally Insured," Working Papers id:4777, eSocialSciences.
- Seema Jayachandran, 2006.
"Selling Labor Low: Wage Responses to Productivity Shocks in Developing Countries,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(3), pages 538-575, June.
- Seema Jayachandran, 2005. "Selling Labor Low: Wage Responses to Productivity Shocks in Developing Countries," UCLA Economics Online Papers 370, UCLA Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:agisys:v:156:y:2017:i:c:p:149-176 is not listed on IDEAS
- Groh, Matthew & McKenzie, David, 2016.
"Macroinsurance for microenterprises: A randomized experiment in post-revolution Egypt,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 13-25.
- McKenzie, David, 2014. "Macroinsurance for Microenterprises: A Randomized Experiment in Post-Revolution Egypt," CEPR Discussion Papers 10226, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Groh, Matthew & McKenzie, David, 2014. "Macroinsurance for microenterprises : a randomized experiment in post-revolution Egypt," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7048, The World Bank.
- Veronika Bertram-Huemmer & Kati Kraehnert, 2015. "Does Index Insurance Help Households Recover from Disaster? Evidence from IBLI Mongolia," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1515, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Shawn Cole & Daniel Stein & Jeremy Tobacman, 2014. "Dynamics of Demand for Index Insurance: Evidence from a Long-Run Field Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(5), pages 284-290, May.
- Ahsan, Syed M & Mahmud, Minhaj, 2011. "Microinsurance: The Choice among Delivery and Regulatory Mechanisms," MPRA Paper 50286, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2013.
- Hill, Ruth Vargas & Kumar, Neha & Magnan, Nicholas & Makhija, Simrin & de Nicola, Francesca & Spielman, David J. & Ward, Patrick S., 2017. "Insuring against droughts: Evidence on agricultural intensification and index insurance demand from a randomized evaluation in rural Bangladesh," IFPRI discussion papers 1630, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Attanasio, O. & Augsburg, B. & de Haas, Ralph, 2016. "Microcredit Contracts, Risk Diversification and Loan Take-Up," Discussion Paper 2016-020, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gharad Bryan & Shyamal Chowdhury & Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014.
"Underinvestment in a Profitable Technology: The Case of Seasonal Migration in Bangladesh,"
Econometric Society, vol. 82, pages 1671-1748, September.
- Bryan, Gharad & Chowdhury, Shyamal & Mobarak Mushfiq, Ahmed, 2014. "Underinvestment in a profitable technology: the case of seasonal migration in Bangladesh," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60152, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gharad Bryan & Shyamal Chowdhury & Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014. "Under-investment in a Profitable Technology: The Case of Seasonal Migration in Bangladesh," NBER Working Papers 20172, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McDermott,Thomas K.J., 2016. "Investing in disaster risk management in an uncertain climate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7631, The World Bank.
- Ricome, Aymeric & Affholder, François & Gérard, Françoise & Muller, Bertrand & Poeydebat, Charlotte & Quirion, Philippe & Sall, Moussa, 2017.
"Are subsidies to weather-index insurance the best use of public funds? A bio-economic farm model applied to the Senegalese groundnut basin,"
Elsevier, vol. 156(C), pages 149-176.
- Philippe Quirion & Aymeric Ricome & François Affholder & Françoise Gérard & Bertrand Muller & Charlotte Poeydebat & Moussa Sall, 2017. "Are subsidies to weather-index insurance the best use of public funds? A bio-economic farm model applied to the Senegalese groundnut basin," Post-Print hal-01679763, HAL.
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Benjamin Sultan, 2013.
"Price vs. weather shock hedging for cash crops: ex ante evaluation for cotton producers in Cameroon,"
CIRED Working Papers
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion & Benjamin Sultan, 2014. "Price vs. weather shock hedging for cash crops: ex ante evaluation for cotton producers in Cameroon," Post-Print halshs-00967313, HAL.
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Takasaki, Yoshito, 2017. "Natural Disaster, Poverty, and Development: An Introduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 2-15.
- Songsermsawas, Tisorn & Baylis, Kathy & Chhatre, Ashwini & Michelson, Hope, 2016. "Can Peers Improve Agricultural Revenue?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 163-178.
- Cárcamo, Jorge & Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan von, 2016. "Assessing small-scale raspberry producers' risk and ambiguity preferences: Evidence from field-experiment data in rural Chile," DARE Discussion Papers 1610, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Todo, Yasuyuki & Kozuka, Eiji & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2016. "Can School-Based Management Generate CommunityWide Impacts in Less Developed Countries? Evidence from Randomized Experiments in Burkina Faso," Working Papers 115, JICA Research Institute.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:47:y:2017:i:c:p:46-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- Platteau, Jean-Philippe & De Bock, Ombeline & Gelade, Wouter, 2017. "The Demand for Microinsurance: A Literature Review," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 139-156.
- Andrew D. Foster & Esther Gehrke, 2017. "Consumption Risk and Human Capital Accumulation in India," NBER Working Papers 24041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Norton, Michael & Boucher, Stephen & Verteramo Chiu, Leslie, 2015. "Geostatistics, Basis Risk, and Index Insurance," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205755, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:pal:gpprii:v:42:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_s41288-017-0060-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sawada, Yasuyuki & Aida, Takeshi & Griffen, Andrew & Kazianga, Harounan & Kozuka, Eiji & Nogushi, Haruko & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2016. "On the Role of Community Management in Correcting Market Failures of Rural Developing Areas: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment of COGES Project in Burkina Faso," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236323, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Prasann, Ashesh, 2015. "The Spillover Effects of Public Works on Migration, Labor Allocation and Wages: Evidence from National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, India," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205750, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:103:y:2013:i:3:p:375-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.