The impact of trust, risk and disaster exposure on microinsurance demand: Results of a DCE analysis in Cambodia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Galarza, Francisco B. & Carter, Michael R., 2010.
"Risk Preferences and Demand for Insurance in Peru: A Field Experiment,"
2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado
61871, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Francisco B. Galarza & Michael R. Carter, 2011. "Risk preferences and demand for insurance in Peru: a field experiment," Working Papers 11-08, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Paul A. Raschky & Manijeh Schwindt, 2016. "Aid, Catastrophes and the Samaritan's Dilemma," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 83(332), pages 624-645, October.
- Lena Giesbert & Susan Steiner & Mirko Bendig, 2011. "Participation in Micro Life Insurance and the Use of Other Financial Services in Ghana," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 78(1), pages 7-35, March.
- Martin Eling & Shailee Pradhan & Joan T Schmit, 2014. "The Determinants of Microinsurance Demand," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 39(2), pages 224-263, April.
- Christian Biener & Martin Eling, 2012. "Insurability in Microinsurance Markets: An Analysis of Problems and Potential Solutions," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 37(1), pages 77-107, January.
- Ginger Turner & Farah Said & Uzma Afzal, 2014. "Microinsurance Demand After a Rare Flood Event: Evidence From a Field Experiment in Pakistan," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 39(2), pages 201-223, April.
More about this item
Keywordsmicroinsurance; trust; risk; discrete choice experiment; Cambodia;
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q50 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - General
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-08-21 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2016-08-21 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ENV-2016-08-21 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2016-08-21 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2016-08-21 (Microfinance)
- NEP-SEA-2016-08-21 (South East Asia)
- NEP-SOC-2016-08-21 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tuddps:0116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pltudde.html .