Microinsurance Demand After a Rare Flood Event: Evidence From a Field Experiment in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mahul, Olivier & Wright, Brian D., 2007. "Optimal coverage for incompletely reliable insurance," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 95(3), pages 456-461, June.
- Lisa Cameron & Manisha Shah, 2015.
"Risk-Taking Behavior in the Wake of Natural Disasters,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(2), pages 484-515.
- Cameron, Lisa A. & Shah, Manisha, 2012. "Risk-Taking Behavior in the Wake of Natural Disasters," IZA Discussion Papers 6756, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lisa Cameron & Manisha Shah, 2013. "Risk-Taking Behavior in the Wake of Natural Disasters," NBER Working Papers 19534, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kunreuther, Howard & Pauly, Mark, 2006. "Insurance Decision-Making and Market Behavior," Foundations and Trends(R) in Microeconomics, now publishers, vol. 1(2), pages 63-127, April.
- Shawn Cole & Xavier Gine & Jeremy Tobacman & Petia Topalova & Robert Townsend & James Vickery, 2013.
"Barriers to Household Risk Management: Evidence from India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 104-135, January.
- Shawn Cole & Xavier Giné & Jeremy Tobacman & Petia Topalova & Robert M. Townsend & James Vickery, 2009. "Barriers to household risk management: evidence from India," Staff Reports 373, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Robert M. Townsend & Shawn Cole & Jeremy Tobacman & Xavier Gine & James Ian Vickery & Petia Topalova, 2012. "Barriers to Household Risk Management; Evidence from India," IMF Working Papers 12/195, International Monetary Fund.
- Petia Topalova & Shawn Cole & Xavier Gene & Jeremy Tobacman & Robert Townsend & James Vickery, 2011. "Barriers to Household Risk Management: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:4293, eSocialSciences.
- Cole, Shawn & Gine, Xavier & Tobacman, Jeremy & Topalova, Petia & Townsend, Robert & Vickery, James, 2010. "Barriers to household risk management : evidence from India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5504, The World Bank.
- Fleming, David A. & Chong, Alberto E. & Bejarano, Hernan D., 2011. "Do Natural Disasters Affect Trust/Trustworthiness? Evidence from the 2010 Chilean Earthquake," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 104522, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- S. Viswanathan & Adriano Rampini, 2013. "Household risk management," 2013 Meeting Papers 647, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Eckel, Catherine C. & El-Gamal, Mahmoud A. & Wilson, Rick K., 2009. "Risk loving after the storm: A Bayesian-Network study of Hurricane Katrina evacuees," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 110-124, February.
- Tatyana Deryugina, 2013. "How do people update? The effects of local weather fluctuations on beliefs about global warming," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 397-416, May.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Daniel R. Petrolia & Craig E. Landry & Keith H. Coble, 2013. "Risk Preferences, Risk Perceptions, and Flood Insurance," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(2), pages 227-245.
- Erwann O. Michel-Kerjan & Carolyn Kousky, 2010.
"Come Rain or Shine: Evidence on Flood Insurance Purchases in Florida,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 77(2), pages 369-397.
- Erwann Michel-Kerjan & Carolyn Kousky, 2009. "Come Rain or Shine: Evidence on Flood Insurance Purchases in Florida," Working Papers hal-00372387, HAL.
- Yanos Zylberberg, 2010.
"Do tropical typhoons smash community ties? Theory and evidence from Vietnam,"
PSE Working Papers
- Yanos Zylberberg, 2010. "Do tropical typhoons smash community ties? Theory and Evidence from Vietnam," Working Papers 11, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Gustavo Adolfo Caballero Orozco, 2010. "Risk Preferences Under Extreme Poverty: A Field Experiment," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 007717, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Galarza, Francisco B. & Carter, Michael R., 2010.
"Risk Preferences and Demand for Insurance in Peru: A Field Experiment,"
2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado
61871, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Francisco B. Galarza & Michael R. Carter, 2011. "Risk preferences and demand for insurance in Peru: a field experiment," Working Papers 11-08, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Arun, Thankom & Bendig, Mirko & Arun, Shoba, 2012. "Bequest Motives and Determinants of Micro Life Insurance in Sri Lanka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1700-1711.
- Maarten Voors & Eleonora Nillesen & Philip Verwimp & Erwin Bulte & Robert Lensink & Daan van Soest, 2010.
"Does Conflict affect Preferences? Results from Field Experiments in Burundi,"
Research Working Papers
21, MICROCON - A Micro Level Analysis of Violent Conflict.
- M. Voorst & E. Nillesen & Philip Verwimp & E. Bulte & Robert Lensink & D. van Soest, 2010. "Does conflict affect preferences? Results from field experiments in Burundi," Working Papers ECARES 2010_006, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Maarten Voors & Eleonora Nillesen & Philip Verwimp & Erwin Bulte & Robert Lensink & Daan van Soest, 2010. "Does Conflict affect Preferences? Results from Field Experiments in Burundi," HiCN Working Papers 71, Households in Conflict Network.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-648, July-Aug..
- Kaplow, Louis, 1991. "Incentives and Government Relief for Risk," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 167-175, April.
- Andrabi, Tahir & Das, Jishnu, 2010. "In aid we trust : hearts and minds and the Pakistan earthquake of 2005," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5440, The World Bank.
- Arnaud Reynaud & Cécile Aubert & Manh-Hung Nguyen, 2013.
"Living with Floods: Protective Behaviours and Risk Perception of Vietnamese Households,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice,
Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 38(3), pages 547-579, July.
- Cécile Aubert & Manh Nguyen Hung & Arnaud Reynaud, 2013. "Living with Floods : Protective Behaviours and risk Perception of Vietnamese Households," Post-Print hal-01134702, HAL.
- Binswanger, Hans P, 1981.
"Attitudes toward Risk: Theoretical Implications of an Experiment in Rural India,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(364), pages 867-890, December.
- Hans Binswanger, 1981. "Attitudes toward risk: Theoretical implications of an experiment in rural india," Artefactual Field Experiments 00010, The Field Experiments Website.
- Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "A Memory-Based Model of Bounded Rationality," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(3), pages 735-774.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13276 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goeschl, Timo & Managi, Shunsuke, 2017. "Public in-kind relief and private self-insurance," Working Papers 0633, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Fiala, Oliver & Wende, Danny, 2016. "The impact of trust, risk and disaster exposure on microinsurance demand: Results of a DCE analysis in Cambodia," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 01/16, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Adriana Kocornik-Mina & Thomas K.J. McDermott & Guy Michaels & Ferdinand Rauch, 2015.
GRI Working Papers
221, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Ferdinand Rauch & Adriana Kocornik-Mina & Thomas K.J. McDermott & Guy Michaels, 2015. "Flooded Cities," Economics Series Working Papers 772, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Kocornik-Mina, Adriana & McDermott, Thomas K.J. & Michaels, Guy & Rauch, Ferdinand, 2015. "Flooded cities," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66061, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Adriana Kocornik-Mina & Thomas K.J. McDermott & Guy Michaels & Ferdinand Rauch, 2016. "Flooded Cities," CentrePiece - The Magazine for Economic Performance 463, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Adriana Kocornik-Mina & Thomas K.J. McDermott & Guy Michaels & Ferdinand Rauch, 2015. "Flooded Cities," CEP Discussion Papers dp1398, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Kocornik-Mina, Adriana & McDermott, Thomas K.J. & Michaels, Guy & Rauch, Ferdinand, 2015. "Flooded Cities," CEPR Discussion Papers 11010, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Johannes G. Jaspersen, 2016. "Hypothetical Surveys And Experimental Studies Of Insurance Demand: A Review," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 83(1), pages 217-255, January.
- Said, Farah & Afzal, Uzma & Turner, Ginger, 2015. "Risk taking and risk learning after a rare event: Evidence from a field experiment in Pakistan," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 167-183.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:gpprii:v:39:y:2014:i:2:p:201-223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.