Bracket creep revisited - with and without r>g: Evidence from Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Levy, Horacio & Nogueira, José Ricardo & Siqueira, Rozane Bezerra & Immervoll, Herwig & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2010.
"Simulating the impact of inflation on the progressivity of personal income tax in Brazil,"
Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE,
FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 64(4), December.
- Levy, Horacio & Nogueira, José Ricardo & Bezerra de Siqueira, Rozane & Immervoll, Herwig & O’Donoghue, Cathal, 2008. "Simulating the impact of inflation on the progressivity of personal income tax in Brazil," LATINMOD Working Papers Series 2008-01, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
- Kirill Pogorelskiy & Christian Seidl & Stefan Traub, 2010.
"Tax progression: International and intertemporal comparisons using LIS data,"
184, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Pogorelskiy, Kirill & Seidl, Christian & Traub, Stefan, 2010. "Tax progression: International and intertemporal comparison using LIS data," Economics Working Papers 2010-08, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Kirill Pogorelskiy & Stefan Traub & Christian Seidl, 2010. "Tax Progression: International and Intertemporal Comparisons Using LIS Data," LIS Working papers 551, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Giacomo Corneo, 2005. "The Rise and Likely Fall of the German Income Tax, 1958–2005," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 51(1), pages 159-186.
- Salverda, Wiemer & Nolan, Brian & Checchi, Daniele & Marx, Ive & McKnight, Abigail & Toth, Istvan Gy (ed.), 2014. "Changing Inequalities in Rich Countries: Analytical and Comparative Perspectives," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199687435.
- Keen, Michael & Papapanagos, Harry & Shorrocks, Anthony, 2000. "Tax Reform and Progressivity," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(460), pages 50-68, January.
- Peter Haan & Viktor Steiner, 2004. "Distributional and Fiscal Effects of the German Tax Reform 2000: A Behavioral Microsimulation Analysis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 419, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Michael Broer, 2011. "Kalte Progression in der Einkommensbesteuerung," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;German National Library of Economics, vol. 91(10), pages 694-698, October.
- Jenderny, Katharina, 2013. "Declining Tax Progression and the German Dual Income Tax," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80039, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Emmanuel Saez, 2010. "Do Taxpayers Bunch at Kink Points?," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 180-212, August.
- Stefan Bach & Peter Haan & Richard Ochmann, 2013. "Reformvorschläge zur Einkommensteuer: mehr echte und weniger kalte Progression," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 80(30), pages 3-12.
- Saez, Emmanuel, 2003.
"The effect of marginal tax rates on income: a panel study of 'bracket creep',"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 1231-1258, May.
- Emmanuel Saez, 1999. "The Effect of Marginal Tax Rates on Income: A Panel Study of 'Bracket Creep'," NBER Working Papers 7367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Piketty & Gabriel Zucman, 2014.
"Capital is Back: Wealth-Income Ratios in Rich Countries 1700–2010,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 129(3), pages 1255-1310.
- Piketty, Thomas & Zucman, Gabriel, 2013. "Capital is Back: Wealth-Income Ratios in Rich Countries, 1700-2010," CEPR Discussion Papers 9588, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Piketty, Thomas & Zucman, Gabriel, 2014. "Capital is back: wealth-income ratios in rich countries 1700-2010," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66106, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Thomas Piketty & Gabriel Zucman, 2014. "Capital is Back: Wealth-Income Ratios in Rich Countries 1700–2010," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01109372, HAL.
- R. A. Musgrave & Tun Thin, 1948. "Income Tax Progression, 1929-48," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 498-498.
- Ivica Urban, 2009. "Kakwani decomposition of redistributive effect: Origins, critics and upgrades," Working Papers 148, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Bartels, Charlotte & Jenderny, Katharina, 2014.
"The role of capital income for top incomes shares in Germany,"
2014/32, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Charlotte Bartels & Katharina Jenderny, 2015. "The Role of Capital Income for Top Incomes Shares in Germany," Working Papers 201501, World Inequality Lab.
- Plotnick, Robert, 1981. "A Measure of Horizontal Inequity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(2), pages 283-288, May.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Karl Brenke & Markus M. Grabka, 2011. "Schwache Lohnentwicklung im letzten Jahrzehnt," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 78(45), pages 3-15.
- David Altig & Charles T. Carlstrom, 1993. "Using bracket creep to raise revenue: a bad idea whose time has passed," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q II, pages 2-11.
- Heer, Burkhard & Süssmuth, Bernd, 2013.
"Tax bracket creep and its effects on income distribution,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(PB), pages 393-408.
- Burkhard Heer & Bernd Süssmuth, 2003. "Cold Progression and its Effects on Income Distribution," CESifo Working Paper Series 951, CESifo Group Munich.
- Heer, Burkhard & Süssmuth, Bernd, 2013. "Tax bracket creep and its effects on income distribution," Working Papers 123, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Gerlinde Verbist & Francesco Figari, 2014.
"The Redistributive Effect and Progressivity of Taxes Revisited: An International Comparison across the European Union,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 70(3), pages 405-429, September.
- Verbist, Gerlinde & Figari, Francesco, 2014. "The redistributive effect and progressivity of taxes revisited: an international comparison across the European Union," EUROMOD Working Papers EM6/14, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Emmanuel Saez & Gabriel Zucman, 2014.
"Wealth Inequality in the United States since 1913: Evidence from Capitalized Income Tax Data,"
NBER Working Papers
20625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saez, Emmanuel & Zucman, Gabriel, 2014. "Wealth Inequality in the United States since 1913: Evidence from Capitalized Income Tax Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 10227, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emmanuel Saez & Gabriel Zucman, 2015. "Wealth Inequality in the United States since 1913: Evidence from Capitalized Income Tax Data," STICERD - Public Economics Programme Discussion Papers 26, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Dardanoni, Valentino & Lambert, Peter J., 2002. "Progressivity comparisons," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 99-122, October.
- Jakobsson, Ulf, 1976. "On the measurement of the degree of progression," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 161-168.
- Stefan Bach, 2012. "Abbau der kalten Progression: nicht die einzige Herausforderung beim Einkommensteuertarif," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 79(12), pages 17-21.
- Herwig Immervoll, 2005. "Falling Up The Stairs: The Effects Of "Bracket Creep" On Household Incomes," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(1), pages 37-62, March.
- Kakwani, Nanok C, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity: An International Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(345), pages 71-80, March.
- Aronson, J Richard & Johnson, Paul & Lambert, Peter J, 1994. "Redistributive Effects and Unequal Income Tax Treatment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 262-270, March.
- Thomas Straubhaar & Henning Vöpel & Gerhard Illing & Heiner Flassbeck & Friederike Spiecker & Stefan Bach & Gert Wagner, 2012. "Inflation und Schuldenabbau," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;German National Library of Economics, vol. 92(9), pages 583-598, September.
- Michael Förster & Ana Llena-Nozal & Vahé Nafilyan, 2014. "Trends in Top Incomes and their Taxation in OECD Countries," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 159, OECD Publishing.
- Gianni Betti & Gabriella Donatiello & Vijay Verma, 2011. "The siena microsimulation model (sm2) for net-gross conversion of eu-silc income variables," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 4(1), pages 35-53.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation; Fiscal Drag; Progressivity of Income Tax; Income Distribution; Microsimulation; Capital income taxation;
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-11-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bubdps:372015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dbbgvde.html .