Bracket Creep Revisited: Progressivity and a Solution by Adjusting the Rich Tax in Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heer, Burkhard & Süssmuth, Bernd, 2013.
"Tax bracket creep and its effects on income distribution,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(PB), pages 393-408.
- Burkhard Heer & Bernd Süssmuth, 2003. "Cold Progression and its Effects on Income Distribution," CESifo Working Paper Series 951, CESifo Group Munich.
- Heer, Burkhard & Süssmuth, Bernd, 2013. "Tax bracket creep and its effects on income distribution," Working Papers 123, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Emmanuel Saez, 2010. "Do Taxpayers Bunch at Kink Points?," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 180-212, August.
- Herwig Immervoll, 2005. "Falling Up The Stairs: The Effects Of "Bracket Creep" On Household Incomes," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(1), pages 37-62, March.
- Kakwani, Nanok C, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity: An International Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(345), pages 71-80, March.
- Aronson, J Richard & Johnson, Paul & Lambert, Peter J, 1994. "Redistributive Effects and Unequal Income Tax Treatment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 262-270, March.
- Michael Broer, 2011. "Kalte Progression in der Einkommensbesteuerung," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;German National Library of Economics, vol. 91(10), pages 694-698, October.
- Young, Cristobal & Varner, Charles, 2011. "Millionaire Migration and State Taxation of Top Incomes: Evidence From a Natural Experiment," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 64(2), pages 255-283, June.
- Gerlinde Verbist & Francesco Figari, 2013. "GINI DP 88: The redistributive effect and progressivity of taxes revisited: An International Comparison across the European Union," GINI Discussion Papers 88, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Adam, Klaus & Billi, Roberto M., 2014.
"Distortionary fiscal policy and monetary policy goals,"
Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 1-6.
- Adam, Klaus & Billi, Roberto M, 2010. "Distortionary fiscal policy and monetary policy goals," CEPR Discussion Papers 7741, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klaus Adam & Roberto M. Billi, 2010. "Distortionary fiscal policy and monetary policy goals," Research Working Paper RWP 10-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Roberto M. Billi & Klaus Adam, 2010. "Distortionary fiscal policy and monetary policy goals," 2010 Meeting Papers 1089, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Adam, Klaus & Billi, Roberto M., 2013. "Distortionary Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy Goals," Working Paper Series 278, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Stefan Bach & Peter Haan & Richard Ochmann, 2013. "Reformvorschläge zur Einkommensteuer: mehr echte und weniger kalte Progression," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 80(30), pages 3-12.
- Saez, Emmanuel, 2003.
"The effect of marginal tax rates on income: a panel study of 'bracket creep',"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 1231-1258, May.
- Emmanuel Saez, 1999. "The Effect of Marginal Tax Rates on Income: A Panel Study of 'Bracket Creep'," NBER Working Papers 7367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R. A. Musgrave & Tun Thin, 1948. "Income Tax Progression, 1929-48," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 498-498.
- Simula, Laurent & Trannoy, Alain, 2010.
"Optimal income tax under the threat of migration by top-income earners,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 163-173, February.
- Alain Trannoy, Laurent Simula and, 2009. "Optimal Income Tax under the Threat of Migration by Top-Income Earners," Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies 2009:8, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Ivica Urban, 2009. "Kakwani decomposition of redistributive effect: Origins, critics and upgrades," Working Papers 148, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Plotnick, Robert, 1981. "A Measure of Horizontal Inequity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 63(2), pages 283-288, May.
- Gerlinde Verbist & Francesco Figari, 2014.
"The Redistributive Effect and Progressivity of Taxes Revisited: An International Comparison across the European Union,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 70(3), pages 405-429, September.
- Verbist, Gerlinde & Figari, Francesco, 2014. "The redistributive effect and progressivity of taxes revisited: an international comparison across the European Union," EUROMOD Working Papers EM6/14, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Gianni Betti & Gabriella Donatiello & Vijay Verma, 2011. "The siena microsimulation model (sm2) for net-gross conversion of eu-silc income variables," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 4(1), pages 35-53.
- Karl Brenke & Markus M. Grabka, 2011. "Schwache Lohnentwicklung im letzten Jahrzehnt," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 78(45), pages 3-15.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation; Fiscal Drag; Rich Tax; Progressivity of Income Tax; Income Distribution; Micro-simulation; Inequality Indexation;
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-08-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2014-08-28 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2014-08-28 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:esprep:100006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zbwkide.html .