Evaluating effective income tax progression
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Basmann, R. L. & Hayes, K. J. & Slottje, D. J., 1991. "The Lorenz curve and the mobility function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 105-111, May.
- Suits, Daniel B, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 747-752, September.
- Sen, Amartya, 1973. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198281931.
- Lambert, Peter J & Aronson, J Richard, 1993. "Inequality Decomposition Analysis and the Gini Coefficient Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1221-1227, September.
- Fellman, J, 1976. "The Effect of Transformations on Lorenz Curves," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(4), pages 823-824, July.
- Kakwani, Nanak C, 1977. "Applications of Lorenz Curves in Economic Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(3), pages 719-727, April.
- Kakwani, Nanok C, 1977. "Measurement of Tax Progressivity: An International Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(345), pages 71-80, March.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1976. "On the theory of tax reform," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 77-104.
- Musgrave, Richard A, 1987. "Short of Euphoria," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 59-71, Summer.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Aronson, J Richard & Johnson, Paul & Lambert, Peter J, 1994. "Redistributive Effects and Unequal Income Tax Treatment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 262-270, March.
- Bakija, Jon & Steuerle, C. Eugene, 1991. "Individual Income Taxation Since 1948," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 44(4), pages 451-75, December.
- Jakobsson, Ulf, 1976. "On the measurement of the degree of progression," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 161-168.
- John P. Formby & W. James Smith & Paul D. Thistle, 1992. "On the Definition of Tax Neutrality: Distributional and Welfare Implications of Policy Alternatives," Public Finance Review, , vol. 20(1), pages 3-23, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Makoto Kakinaka & Rodrigo M. Pereira, 2006. "A New measurement of Tax Progressivity," Working Papers EMS_2006_09, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Valentino Dardoni & Peter Lambert,, 2000. "Progressivity comparisons," IFS Working Papers W00/18, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Arnaldur Kristjánsson & Peter Lambert, 2015.
"Structural progression measures for dual income tax systems,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 13(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Arnaldur Sölvi Kristjánsson & Peter J. Lambert, 2012. "Structural Progression Measures for Dual Income Tax Systems," Working Papers 269, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- John Bishop & K. Chow & John Formby & Chih-Chin Ho, 1997. "Did Tax Reform Reduce Actual US Progressivity? Evidence from the Taxpayer Compliance Measurement Program," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 4(2), pages 177-197, May.
- Claudio A Agostini & Bárbara Flores & Claudia Martinez, 2011. "Equidad Tributaria Horizontal en el Impuesto al Ingreso en Chile," Working Papers wp_012, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Dardanoni, Valentino & Lambert, Peter J., 2002. "Progressivity comparisons," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 99-122, October.
- Corrado Benassi & Alessandra Chirco, 2006. "Income Share Elasticity and Stochastic Dominance," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 26(3), pages 511-525, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:56:y:1995:i:3:p:461-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .