Housing Vouchers and the Price of Rental Housing
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jesse Rothstein, 2010.
"Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 175-214.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2008. "Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement," Working Papers 1058, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Education Research Section..
- Jesse Rothstein, 2008. "Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement," NBER Working Papers 14442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C. Lance Barnett, 1979. "Expected and Actual Effects of Housing Allowances on Housing Prices," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 7(3), pages 277-297.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, 2005.
"Urban Decline and Durable Housing,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(2), pages 345-375, April.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, "undated". "Urban Decline and Durable Housing," Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers 382, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, 2001. "Urban Decline and Durable Housing," NBER Working Papers 8598, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, 2001. "Urban Decline and Durable Housing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1931, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- DiPasquale, Denise, 1999. "Why Don't We Know More about Housing Supply?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 9-23, January.
- Fack, Gabrielle, 2006.
"Are housing benefit an effective way to redistribute income? Evidence from a natural experiment in France,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 747-771, December.
- Gabrielle Fack, 2006. "Are housing benefit an effective way to redistribute income? Evidence from a natural experiment in France," Post-Print hal-00813573, HAL.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 2006.
"The incidence of UK housing benefit: Evidence from the 1990s reforms,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 799-822, May.
- Steve Gibbons & Alan Manning, 2003. "The Incidence of UK Housing Benefit: Evidence from the 1990s Reforms," CEP Discussion Papers dp0597, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 2003. "The incidence of UK housing benefit: evidence from the 1990s reforms," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20011, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Raven E. Saks, 2006.
"Urban growth and housing supply,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 71-89, January.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Raven E. Saks, 2005. "Urban Growth and Housing Supply," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2062, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Raven E. Saks, 2005. "Urban Growth and Housing Supply," NBER Working Papers 11097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aei:rpbook:34784 is not listed on IDEAS
- Finkelstein, Amy, 2002. "The effect of tax subsidies to employer-provided supplementary health insurance: evidence from Canada," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 305-339, June.
- Joseph Gyourko & Albert Saiz & Anita Summers, 2008. "A New Measure of the Local Regulatory Environment for Housing Markets: The Wharton Residential Land Use Regulatory Index," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 45(3), pages 693-729, March.
- Susin, Scott, 2002. "Rent vouchers and the price of low-income housing," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 109-152, January.
- Laferrere, Anne & Le Blanc, David, 2004. "How do housing allowances affect rents? An empirical analysis of the French case," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 36-67, March.
- John Weicher, 2012. "Housing Policy at a Crossroads: The Why, Who, and How of Assistance Programs," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 24963, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Margaret Triyana, 2016. "Do Health Care Providers Respond to Demand-Side Incentives? Evidence from Indonesia," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 255-288, November.
- Essi Eerola & Tuukka Saarimaa, 2017. "Delivering Affordable Housing and Neighborhood Quality: A Comparison of Place- and Tenant-Based Programs," CESifo Working Paper Series 6674, CESifo Group Munich.
- Essi Eerola & Teemu Lyytikäinen, 2017.
"Housing Allowance and Rents: Evidence from a Stepwise Subsidy Scheme,"
SERC Discussion Papers
0220, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Eerola, Essi & Lyytikainen, Teemu, 2017. "Housing allowance and rents: evidence from a Stepwise Subsidy Scheme," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86568, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Eerola, Essi & Lyytikäinen, Teemu, 2017. "Housing allowance and rents: Evidence from a stepwise subsidy scheme," Working Papers 88, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Dean Hyslop & David Rea, 2018. "Do housing allowances increase rents? Evidence from a discrete policy change," Working Papers 18_10, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Eva M. Berger & Felix Schmidt, 2017. "Unburden Renters by Making Landlords Pay the Commission? Evaluating a Policy Reform in Germany," Working Papers 1716, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz.
More about this item
KeywordsHousing Policy; In-Kind Transfers; Vouchers;
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wvu:wpaper:14-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Josh Hall). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dewvuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.