Housing Allowance and Rents: Evidence from a Stepwise Subsidy Scheme
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eerola, Essi & Lyytikäinen, Teemu, 2017. "Housing allowance and rents: Evidence from a stepwise subsidy scheme," Working Papers 88, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Eerola, Essi & Lyytikainen, Teemu, 2017. "Housing allowance and rents: evidence from a Stepwise Subsidy Scheme," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86568, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fack, Gabrielle, 2006.
"Are housing benefit an effective way to redistribute income? Evidence from a natural experiment in France,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 747-771, December.
- Gabrielle Fack, 2006. "Are housing benefit an effective way to redistribute income? Evidence from a natural experiment in France," Post-Print hal-00813573, HAL.
- Alan I. Barreca & Jason M. Lindo & Glen R. Waddell, 2016.
"Heaping-Induced Bias In Regression-Discontinuity Designs,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(1), pages 268-293, January.
- Alan I. Barreca & Jason M. Lindo & Glen R. Waddell, 2011. "Heaping-Induced Bias in Regression-Discontinuity Designs," NBER Working Papers 17408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 2006.
"The incidence of UK housing benefit: Evidence from the 1990s reforms,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 799-822, May.
- Steve Gibbons & Alan Manning, 2003. "The Incidence of UK Housing Benefit: Evidence from the 1990s Reforms," CEP Discussion Papers dp0597, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 2003. "The incidence of UK housing benefit: evidence from the 1990s reforms," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20011, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- David S. Lee & Thomas Lemieux, 2010.
"Regression Discontinuity Designs in Economics,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 48(2), pages 281-355, June.
- David S. Lee & Thomas Lemieux, 2009. "Regression Discontinuity Designs in Economics," Working Papers 1118, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- David S. Lee & Thomas Lemieux, 2009. "Regression Discontinuity Designs in Economics," NBER Working Papers 14723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anne Laferrère & David le Blanc, 2004.
"Gone with the Windfall: How Do Housing Allowances Affect Student Co-residence?,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 50(3), pages 451-477.
- Anne Laferrere & David Le Blanc, 2003. "Gone with the Windfall : How do Housing Allowances Affect Student Co-residence ?," Working Papers 2003-36, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Michael A. Clemens, 2017.
"The Meaning Of Failed Replications: A Review And Proposal,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1), pages 326-342, February.
- Clemens, Michael A., 2015. "The Meaning of Failed Replications: A Review and Proposal," IZA Discussion Papers 9000, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matti Viren, 2013. "Is the housing allowance shifted to rental prices?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 1497-1518, June.
- Michael D. Eriksen & Amanda Ross, 2015. "Housing Vouchers and the Price of Rental Housing," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 154-176, August.
- Lee, David S. & Card, David, 2008.
"Regression discontinuity inference with specification error,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 655-674, February.
- David S. Lee & David Card, 2006. "Regression Discontinuity Inference with Specification Error," NBER Technical Working Papers 0322, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Susin, Scott, 2002. "Rent vouchers and the price of low-income housing," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 109-152, January.
- Laferrere, Anne & Le Blanc, David, 2004. "How do housing allowances affect rents? An empirical analysis of the French case," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 36-67, March.
- Aki Kangasharju, 2010.
"Housing Allowance and the Rent of Low-income Households,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 112(3), pages 595-617, September.
- Kangasharju, Aki, 2008. "Housing Allowance and the Rent of Low-income Households," Discussion Papers 458, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dean Hyslop & David Rea, 2018. "Do housing allowances increase rents? Evidence from a discrete policy change," Working Papers 18_10, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Essi Eerola & Tuukka Saarimaa, 2017. "Delivering Affordable Housing and Neighborhood Quality: A Comparison of Place- and Tenant-Based Programs," CESifo Working Paper Series 6674, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
Keywordshousing demand subsidies; housing allowance; incidence; rents;
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2017-09-10 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-PBE-2017-09-10 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2017-09-10 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:sercdp:0220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.spatialeconomics.ac.uk/SERC/publications/default.asp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.