Is the housing allowance shifted to rental prices?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- le Blanc, David & Laferrere, Anne, 2001. "The Effect of Public Social Housing on Households' Consumption in France," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 429-455, December.
- Mark Bils & Peter J. Klenow, 2004. "Some Evidence on the Importance of Sticky Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(5), pages 947-985, October.
- Matti Viren, 2009. "Does the Value-Added Tax Shift to Consumption Prices?," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 123-142, July.
- Lyytikäinen, Teemu, 2006. "Rent Control and Tenants' Welfare: The Effects of Deregulating Rental Markets in Finland," Discussion Papers 385, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Randal Verbrugge, 2008.
"The Puzzling Divergence Of Rents And User Costs, 1980-2004,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(4), pages 671-699, December.
- Randal Verbrugge, 2009. "The Puzzling Divergence of Rents and User Costs, 1980-2004," Working Papers 422, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Fack, Gabrielle, 2006.
"Are housing benefit an effective way to redistribute income? Evidence from a natural experiment in France,"
Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 747-771, December.
- Gabrielle Fack, 2006. "Are housing benefit an effective way to redistribute income? Evidence from a natural experiment in France," Post-Print hal-00813573, HAL.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2004.
"How Much Should We Trust Differences-In-Differences Estimates?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 249-275.
- Marianne Bertrand & Esther Duflo & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "How Much Should We Trust Differences-in-Differences Estimates?," NBER Working Papers 8841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aki Kangasharju, 2010.
"Housing Allowance and the Rent of Low-income Households,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 112(3), pages 595-617, September.
- Kangasharju, Aki, 2008. "Housing Allowance and the Rent of Low-income Households," Discussion Papers 458, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Susin, Scott, 2002. "Rent vouchers and the price of low-income housing," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 109-152, January.
- Laferrere, Anne & Le Blanc, David, 2004. "How do housing allowances affect rents? An empirical analysis of the French case," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 36-67, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Essi Eerola & Teemu Lyytikäinen, 2017.
"Housing Allowance and Rents: Evidence from a Stepwise Subsidy Scheme,"
SERC Discussion Papers
0220, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Eerola, Essi & Lyytikainen, Teemu, 2017. "Housing allowance and rents: evidence from a Stepwise Subsidy Scheme," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86568, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Eerola, Essi & Lyytikäinen, Teemu, 2017. "Housing allowance and rents: Evidence from a stepwise subsidy scheme," Working Papers 88, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Dean Hyslop & David Rea, 2018. "Do housing allowances increase rents? Evidence from a discrete policy change," Working Papers 18_10, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
More about this item
KeywordsHousing market; Income transfers; Incidence; Housing allowance; H22; I38; R28;
- H22 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Incidence
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- R28 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:44:y:2013:i:3:p:1497-1518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.