Migration Challenge for PAYG
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 2000.
" Unskilled Migration: A Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State?,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(3), pages 463-479, June.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1999. "Unskilled Migration: A Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State," NBER Working Papers 7013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Razin, A. & Sadka, E., 1999. "Unskilled Migration: a Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State?," Papers 8-99, Tel Aviv.
- Kemnitz, Alexander, 2008.
"Can immigrant employment alleviate the demographic burden? The role of union centralization,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 123-126, April.
- Kemnitz, Alexander, 2005. "Can Immigrant Employment Alleviate the Demographic Burden? The Role of Union Centralization," Discussion Papers 616, Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre und Statistik, Abteilung fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre.
- Kemnitz, Alexander, 2006. "Can Immigrant Employment Alleviate the Demographic Burden? The Role of Union Centralization," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 13/06, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2005. "Can Immigrant Employment Alleviate the Demographic Burden? The Role of Union Centralization," CESifo Working Paper Series 1525, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tim Krieger, 2004.
"Fertility rates and skill distribution in Razin and Sadka’s migration-pension model: A note,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 177-182, February.
- Krieger, Tim, 2003. "Fertility Rates and Skill Distribution in Razin and Sadka's Migration-Pension Model: A Note," Discussion Papers in Economics 82, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca, 2010. "Increasing PAYG pension benefits and reducing contribution rates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 81-84, May.
- Muysken Joan & CÃ¶rvers Frank & Ziesemer Thomas, 2008. "Immigration can alleviate the ageing problem," Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2003. "Immigration, Unemployment and Pensions," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(1), pages 31-48, March.
- Yann Algan & Christian Dustmann & Albrecht Glitz & Alan Manning, 2010.
"The Economic Situation of First and Second-Generation Immigrants in France, Germany and the United Kingdom,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(542), pages 4-30, February.
- Algan, Yann & Dustmann, Christian & Glitz, Albrecht & Manning, Alan, 2009. "The economic situation of first- and second-generation immigrants in France, Germany and the United Kingdom," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28680, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Yann Algan & Christian Dustmann & Albrecht Glitz & Alan Manning, 2009. "The Economic Situation of First- and Second-Generation Immigrants in France, Germany and the United Kingdom," CEP Discussion Papers dp0951, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Felipe SERRANO & Begoña EGUÍA & Jesús FERREIRO, 2011. "Public pensions' sustainability and population ageing: Is immigration the solution?," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 150(1-2), pages 63-79, June.
- Casarico, Alessandra & Devillanova, Carlo, 2003. "Social security and migration with endogenous skill upgrading," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3-4), pages 773-797, March.
- Luciano Fanti & Luca Gori, 2012.
"Fertility and PAYG pensions in the overlapping generations model,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 25(3), pages 955-961, July.
- Fanti, Luciano & Gori, Luca, 2010. "Fertility and PAYG pensions in the overlapping generations model," MPRA Paper 25811, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masatoshi Jinno, 2011. "Assimilation, Immigration, and the Welfare State," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 67(1), pages 46-63, March.
- David Blake & Les Mayhew, 2006. "On The Sustainability of the UK State Pension System in the Light of Population Ageing and Declining Fertility," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(512), pages 286-305, June.
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 1999. "Migration and pension with international capital mobility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 141-150, October.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Pensions; PAYG; Unskilled Migration;
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-09-30 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-09-30 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2012-09-30 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsr:wpaper:y:2012:i:101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.