Immigration can alleviate the ageing problem
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 2000.
" Unskilled Migration: A Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State?,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(3), pages 463-479, June.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1999. "Unskilled Migration: A Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State," NBER Working Papers 7013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Razin, A. & Sadka, E., 1999. "Unskilled Migration: a Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State?," Papers 8-99, Tel Aviv.
- Casarico, Alessandra & Devillanova, Carlo, 2003. "Social security and migration with endogenous skill upgrading," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3-4), pages 773-797, March.
- Kemnitz, Alexander, 2001. "Endogenous growth and the gains from immigration," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 215-218, August.
- Tim Krieger, 2004.
"Fertility rates and skill distribution in Razin and Sadka’s migration-pension model: A note,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 177-182, February.
- Krieger, Tim, 2003. "Fertility Rates and Skill Distribution in Razin and Sadka's Migration-Pension Model: A Note," Discussion Papers in Economics 82, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Nannestad, Peter, 2007. "Immigration and welfare states: A survey of 15 years of research," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 512-532, June.
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1994. "Growth and Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(3), pages 477-494.
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2003. "Immigration, Unemployment and Pensions," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(1), pages 31-48, March.
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 1999. "Migration and pension with international capital mobility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 141-150, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joan Muysken & Thomas Ziesemer, 2014. "The Effect of Immigration on Economic Growth in an Ageing Economy," Bulletin of Applied Economics, Risk Market Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 35-63.
- J. Muysken & T. H. W. Ziesemer, 2013. "A permanent effect of temporary immigration on economic growth," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(28), pages 4050-4059, October.
- Gurgen Aslanyan, 2014. "The migration challenge for PAYG," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 1023-1038, October.
- Muysken, Joan & Ziesemer, Thomas, 2011.
"Immigration and growth in an ageing economy - version 2,"
MERIT Working Papers
037, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Muysken, Joan & Ziesemer, Thomas, 2011. "The effect of net immigration on economic growth in an ageing economy: transitory and permanent shocks," MERIT Working Papers 055, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Muysken, Joan & Ziesemer, Thomas, 2011. "Immigration and growth in an ageing economy," MERIT Working Papers 012, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Gurgen Aslanyan, 2012. "Migration Challenge for PAYG," FIW Working Paper series 101, FIW.
- Dan Valeriu Voinea, 2014. "A demographic portrait of Romanian immigrants In California," Social Sciences and Education Research Review, Department of Communication, Journalism and Education Sciences, University of Craiova, vol. 1(1), pages 63-70, December.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIG-2008-04-21 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umamet:2008004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonne Portz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meteonl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.