Equilibrium unemployment under negotiated profit sharing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Nickell, Stephen & Layard, Richard, 1999.
"Labor market institutions and economic performance,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 46, pages 3029-3084
- Nickell, S. & Layard, R., 1997. "Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance," Papers 23, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Richard Layard & Stephen Nickell, 1998. "Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance," CEP Discussion Papers dp0407, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Erkki Koskela & Ronnie Schöb & Hans-Werner Sinn, 1998.
"Pollution, Factor Taxation and Unemployment,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 5(3), pages 379-396, July.
- Koskela, Erkki & Schöb, Ronnie & Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1998. "Pollution, Factor Taxation and Unemployment," Munich Reprints in Economics 19493, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Erkki Koskela & Ronnie Schöb & Hans-Werner Sinn, 1998. "Pollution, Factor Taxation and Unemployment," CESifo Working Paper Series 151, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jerger, Jurgen & Michaelis, Jochen, 1999. " Profit Sharing, Capital Formation and the NAIRU," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 101(2), pages 257-275, June.
- Summers, Lawrence H, 1988.
"Relative Wages, Efficiency Wages, and Keynesian Unemployment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 383-388, May.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1988. "Relative Wages, Efficiency Wages, and Keynesian Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 2590, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Nickell, 1997. "Unemployment and Labor Market Rigidities: Europe versus North America," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 55-74, Summer.
- Wadhwani, Sushil & Wall, Martin, 1990.
"The Effects of Profit-Sharing on Employment, Wages, Stock Returns and Productivity: Evidence from UK Micro-data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(399), pages 1-17, March.
- Wadhwani, S. & Wall, M., 1988. "The Effects Of Profit-Sharing On Employment, Wages, Stock Returns And Productivity: Evidence From Uk Micro-Data," Papers 311, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Stephen Nickell & Sushil Wadhwani, 1991.
"Employment Determination in British Industry: Investigations Using Micro-Data,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(5), pages 955-969.
- Nickell, Stephen & Wadhwani, Sushil B, 1989. "Employment Determination in British Industry: Investigations Using Micro-Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 320, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Holmlund, Bertil, 1990. "Profit Sharing, Wage Bargaining, and Unemployment," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(2), pages 257-268, April.
- Garino, Gaia & Martin, Christopher, 2000. "Efficiency wages and union-firm bargaining," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 181-185, November.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1985. "The Simple Macroeconomics of Profit Sharing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 937-953, December.
- Bulkley, George & Myles, Gareth D, 1996. "Trade Unions, Efficiency Wages, and Shirking," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 48(1), pages 75-88, January.
- Richard Layard & Stephen Nickell, 1990.
"Is Unemployment Lower if Unions Bargain over Employment?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 773-787.
- Layard, R. & Nickell, S., 1988. "Is Unemployment Lower If Unions Bargain Over Employment?," Papers 308, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Dormont, Brigitte, 1997.
"Profit-sharing: Does it increase productivity and employment? A theoretical model and empirical evidence on French micro data,"
Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 293-319, September.
- Cahuc, P. & Dormont, B., 1992. "Profit-Sharing: Does It Increase Productivity and Employment? A Theoretical Model and Empirical Evidence of French Micro Data," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 92.45, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
- Hendricks, Wallace E & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1991. "Efficiency Wages, Monopoly Unions and Efficient Bargaining," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1149-1162, September.
More about this item
Keywordswage bargaining; profit sharing; efficiency wages; equilibrium unemployment;
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2004-05-02 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-REG-2004-05-02 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpla:0404009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.