Efficiency Wages and Bargaining
I argue that in contrast to the literature to date efficiency wage and bargaining solutions will typically be independent. If the bargained wage satisfies the efficiency wage constraint efficiency wages are irrelevant. If it does not, typically we have the efficiency wage solution and bargaining is irrelevant.
|Date of creation:||26 Nov 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +353-1-283 0068
Web page: http://www.ucd.ie/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lindbeck, Assar & Snower, Dennis J., 1991.
"Interactions between the efficiency wage and insider-outsider theories,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 193-196, October.
- Lindbeck, A. & Snower, D.J., 1990. "Interactions between the Efficiency Wage and Insider- Outsider Theories," Papers 474, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Andrew Oswald, 1984.
"Efficient Contracts are on the Labour Demand Curve: Theory and Facts,"
555, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Oswald, A. J., 1995. "Efficient contracts are on the labour demand curve: Theory and facts," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 102-102, March.
- Oswald, Andrew J., 1993. "Efficient contracts are on the labour demand curve : Theory and facts," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 85-113, June.
- J Konings & Patrick Paul Walsh, 1993.
"Evidence of Efficiency Wage Payments in UK Firm Level Panel Data,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0138, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Konings, Jozef & Walsh, Patrick P, 1994. "Evidence of Efficiency Wage Payments in UK Firm Level Panel Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 542-55, May.
- Ken Binmore & Ariel Rubinstein & Asher Wolinsky, 1986. "The Nash Bargaining Solution in Economic Modelling," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(2), pages 176-188, Summer.
- George A. Akerlof & Lawrence F. Katz, 1988.
"Workers' Trust Funds and the Logic of Wage Profiles,"
NBER Working Papers
2548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Akerlof, George A & Katz, Lawrence F, 1989. "Workers' Trust Funds and the Logic of Wage Profiles," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 104(3), pages 525-36, August.
- Machin, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 1992. "Testing Dynamic Models of Worker Effort," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(3), pages 288-305, July.
- Lawrence F. Katz, 1986.
"Efficiency Wage Theories: A Partial Evaluation,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1986, Volume 1, pages 235-290
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucn:wpaper:200523. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicolas Clifton)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.