Misaligned? Overvalued? The Untold Story of the Turkish Lira
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Deniz Atasoy & Sweta C. Saxena, 2006. "Misaligned? Overvalued?. The Untold Story of the Turkish Lira," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(3), pages 29-45, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Asikoglu, Yaman & Uctum, Merih, 1992.
"A critical evaluation of exchange rate policy in Turkey,"
Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1501-1514, October.
- Asikoglu, Y. & Uctum, M., 1989. "A Critical Evaluation Of Exchange Rate Policy In Turkey," Cahiers de recherche 8919, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Yaman Asikoglu & Merih Uctum, 1991. "A critical evaluation of exchange rate policy in Turkey," Research Paper 9116, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Graciela Kaminsky & Saul Lizondo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1998.
"Leading Indicators of Currency Crises,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Graciela Laura Kaminsky, 1997. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," IMF Working Papers 97/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul, 1998. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," MPRA Paper 6981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1997. "Leading indicators of currency crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1852, The World Bank.
- Gonzalo, Jesus & Granger, Clive W J, 1995.
"Estimation of Common Long-Memory Components in Cointegrated Systems,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 27-35, January.
- Gonzalo, J. & Granger, C., 1992. "Estimation of Common Long-Memory Components in Cointegrated Systems," Papers 4, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Gonzalo and Granger JBES 1995 paper," Statistical Software Components RTZ00074, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Ahmet N. Kipici, 1996. "Terms of Trade and Economic Fluctuations," Discussion Papers 9615, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & McDermott, C. John & Ucer, Murat, 1997.
"Fiscal imbalances, capital inflows, and the real exchange rate: The case of Turkey,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 819-825, April.
- E. Murat Ucer & C. John McDermott & Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1997. "Fiscal Imbalances, Capital Inflows, and the Real Exchange Rate; The Case of Turkey," IMF Working Papers 97/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Alper, C. Emre & Saglam, Ismail, 1999. "The Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate: Evidence from Turkey," MPRA Paper 1924, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Umit Ozale & Erinc Yeldan, 2002. "Measuring Exchange Rate Misalignment," Working Papers 0206, Economic Research Forum, revised 14 Feb 2002.
- Calvo, Guillermo A. & Vegh, Carlos A., 1999.
"Inflation stabilization and bop crises in developing countries,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 24, pages 1531-1614
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carlos A. Vegh, 1999. "Inflation Stabilization and BOP Crises in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 6925, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giyas Gökkent & Carlos Moslares & Rafael Amiel-Saenz, 2003. "Failure of an Exchange-Rate-Based Stabilization Plan in Turkey," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(1), pages 35-67, January.
- Susana Garcia Cervero & J. Humberto Lopez & Enrique Alberola Ila & Angel J. Ubide, 1999.
"Global Equilibrium Exchange Rates; Euro, Dollar, “Ins,” “Outs,” and Other Major Currencies in a Panel Cointegration Framework,"
IMF Working Papers
99/175, International Monetary Fund.
- Enrique Alberola & Susana G. Cervero & Humberto Lopez & Angel Ubide, 2000. "Global Equilibrium Exchange Rates: Euro, Dollar, "Ins," "Outs," and Other Major Currencies in a Panel Cointegration Framework," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0051, Econometric Society.
- U. Ozlale & E. Yeldan, 2004. "Measuring exchange rate misalignment in Turkey," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(16), pages 1839-1849.
- K. Doroodian & Chulho Jung & Ahmet Yucel, 2002. "Estimating the equilibrium real exchange rate: the case of Turkey," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(14), pages 1807-1812.
- Erol, Turan & Van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1997. "Real exchange rate targeting and inflation in Turkey: An empirical analysis with policy credibility," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1717-1730, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Egert, Balazs, 2005.
"Equilibrium exchange rates in South Eastern Europe, Russia, Ukraine and Turkey: Healthy or (Dutch) diseased?,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 205-241, June.
- Égert, Balázs, 2005. "Equilibrium exchange rates in Southeastern Europe, Russia, Ukraine and Turkey : healthy or (Dutch) diseased?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 3/2005, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Bal??zs ??gert, 2005. "Equilibrium Exchange Rates in Southeastern Europe, Russia, Ukraine and Turkey: Healthy or (Dutch) Diseased?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp770, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- repec:cii:cepiei:2012-q2-130-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Parantap Basu & Yoseph Getachew, 2017.
"Redistributive Innovation Policy, Inequality and Efficiency,"
CEGAP Working Papers
2017_02, Durham University Business School.
- Parantap Basu & Yoseph Getachew, 2017. "Redistributive Innovation Policy, Inequality and Efficiency," Working Papers 201768, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Mete Feridun, 2009.
"Determinants of Exchange Market Pressure in Turkey: An Econometric Investigation,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(2), pages 65-81, March.
- Feridun, Mete, 2009. "Determinants of exchange market pressure in Turkey: An econometric investigation," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 7920, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Toraganlı, Nazlı & Yazgan, M. Ege, 2016. "Exchange rates and firm survival: An examination with Turkish firm-level data," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 433-443.
- Kiptui, Moses C. & Ndirangu, Lydia, 2015. "Determinants of Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate and its Misalignment in Kenya: A Behavioral Equilibrium Exchange Rate Approach," MPRA Paper 70542, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Apr 2016.
- Alper, Ahmet Murat & Civcir, İrfan, 2012. "Can overvaluation prelude to crisis and harm growth in Turkey," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 112-131.
More about this item
KeywordsTurkish lira; overvaluation; equilibrium real exchange rate; misalignment;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpif:0508002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.