The Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate: Evidence from Turkey
The aim of this paper is to scrutinize whether the equilibrium exchange rate framework could contribute to the understanding of misalignments in the real exchange rate in Turkey and whether this could be used as a guideline for policy interventions by the monetary authorities. Estimation results indicate the relevance of the equilibrium real exchange rate model for Turkey.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Menzie D. Chinn, 1998.
"Before the Fall: Were East Asian Currencies Overvalued?,"
NBER Working Papers
6491, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chinn, Menzie D., 2000. "Before the fall: were East Asian currencies overvalued?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 101-126, September.
- Erlat, Güzin & Arslaner, Ferhat, 1997. "Measuring Annual Real Exchange Rate Series for Turkey," MPRA Paper 56396, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Tarhan Feyzioglu, 1997. "Estimating the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate; An Application to Finland," IMF Working Papers 97/109, International Monetary Fund.
- Steven A. Symansky & Peter B. Clark & Leonardo Bartolini & Tamim Bayoumi, 1994. "Exchange Rates and Economic Fundamentals; A Framework for Analysis," IMF Occasional Papers 115, International Monetary Fund.
- Martine Guerguil & Martin D Kaufman, 1998. "Competitiveness and the Evolution of the Real Exchange Rate in Chile," IMF Working Papers 98/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Erlat, Güzin & Arslaner, Ferhat, 1997. "Measuring the Real Exchange Rate: Annual Series for Turkey," MPRA Paper 45999, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1924. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.