Economic crisis and innovation: Do regions matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rafael Boix, 2009. "The Empirical Evidence of Industrial Districts in Spain," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Industrial Districts, chapter 26 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Joan Crespo & Raphael Suire & Jerome Vicente, 2014.
"Lock-in or lock-out? How structural properties of knowledge networks affect regional resilience,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 199-219, January.
- Joan Crespo & Raphaël Suire & Jérôme Vicente, 2012. "Lock-in or lock-out? How structural properties of knowledge networks affect regional resilience?," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201221, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Joan Crespo & Raphaël Suire & Jérôme Vicente, 2014. "Lock-in or lock-out ? How structural properties of knowledge networks affect regional resilience," Post-Print halshs-00815895, HAL.
- Joan Crespo & Raphael Suire & Jérôme Vicente, 2012. "Lock-in or lock-out? How structural properties of knowledge networks affect regional resilience?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1204, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Apr 2012.
- Cefis, Elena & Orsenigo, Luigi, 2001.
"The persistence of innovative activities: A cross-countries and cross-sectors comparative analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1139-1158, August.
- Elena Cefis & Luigi Orsenigo, 1998. "The Persistence of Innovative Activities. A Cross-Countries and Cross-Sectors Comparative Analysis," Department of Economics Working Papers 9804, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Alexander Eickelpasch, 2014. "R&D Behavior of German Manufacturing Companies during the 2008/09 Recession," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1357, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Filippetti, Andrea & Frenz, Marion, 2013.
"Economic crisis and innovation: Is destruction prevailing over accumulation?,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 303-314.
- Daniele Archibugi & Andrea Filippetti & Marion Frenz, 2012. "Economic crisis and innovation: is destruction prevailing over accumulation?," Working Papers 6, Birkbeck Centre for Innovation Management Research, revised Apr 2012.
- Mihir A. Desai & C. Fritz Foley & Kristin J. Forbes, 2008. "Financial Constraints and Growth: Multinational and Local Firm Responses to Currency Depreciations," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(6), pages 2857-2888, November.
- Gillian Bristow & Adrian Healy, 2014. "Regional Resilience: An Agency Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 923-935, May.
- Asheim, Bjorn T & Isaksen, Arne, 2002. "Regional Innovation Systems: The Integration of Local 'Sticky' and Global 'Ubiquitous' Knowledge," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 77-86, January.
- Cooke, Philip & Gomez Uranga, Mikel & Etxebarria, Goio, 1997. "Regional innovation systems: Institutional and organisational dimensions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 475-491, December.
- José Luis Navarro-Espigares & José Aureliano Martín-Segura & Elisa Hernández-Torres, 2011. "The role of the service sector in regional economic resilience," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 571-590, June.
- Gilly, Jean-Pierre & Kechidi, Med & Talbot, Damien, 2014.
"Resilience of organisations and territories: The role of pivot firms,"
European Management Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 596-602.
- Jean-Pierre Gilly & Med Kechidi & Damien Talbot, 2014. "Resilience of organisations and territories: The role of pivot firms," Post-Print halshs-01228500, HAL.
- Paunov, Caroline, 2012. "The global crisis and firms’ investments in innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 24-35.
- Gabi Dei Ottati, 2002. "Social Concertation and Local Development: The Case of Industrial Districts," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 449-466, June.
- Michele Cincera & Claudio Cozza & Alexander Tübke & Peter Voigt, 2011. "Doing R&D or Not (in a Crisis), That Is the Question …," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(9), pages 1525-1547, February.
- Makkonen, Hannu & Pohjola, Mikko & Olkkonen, Rami & Koponen, Aki, 2014. "Dynamic capabilities and firm performance in a financial crisis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2707-2719.
- Ruth Rama & Deron Ferguson, 2007.
"Emerging Districts Facing Structural Reform: The Madrid Electronics District and the Reshaping of the Spanish Telecom Monopoly,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 39(9), pages 2207-2231, September.
- Ruth Rama & Deron Ferguson, 2007. "Emerging districts facing structural reform: the Madrid electronics district and the reshaping of the Spanish telecom monopoly," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 39(9), pages 2207-2231, September.
- Sara Davies, 2011. "Regional resilience in the 2008--2010 downturn: comparative evidence from European countries," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 4(3), pages 369-382.
- Mari Jose Aranguren & Miren Larrea & James Wilson, 2009. "Learning from the Local: Governance of Networks for Innovation in the Basque Country," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 47-65, July.
- Andy Pike & Stuart Dawley & John Tomaney, 2010. "Resilience, adaptation and adaptability," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 3(1), pages 59-70.
- Carlos Rodrigues & Ana Melo, 2012. "The Triple Helix Model as an Instrument of Local Response to the Economic Crisis," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(9), pages 1483-1496, July.
- Stefan P. T. Groot & J. L. Möhlmann & J. H. Garretsen & Henri L. F. de Groot, 2011.
"The crisis sensitivity of European countries and regions: stylized facts and spatial heterogeneity,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society,
Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 4(3), pages 437-456.
- Stefan P.T. Groot & Jan L. Mohlmann & Harry Garretsen & Henri L.F. de Groot, 2011. "The Crisis Sensitivity of European Countries and Regions: Stylized Facts and Spatial Heterogeneity," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-071/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Carey Durkin Treado & Frank Giarratani, 2008. "Intermediate Steel-Industry Suppliers in the Pittsburgh Region: A Cluster-Based Analysis of Regional Economic Resilience," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 22(1), pages 63-75, February.
- Rebecca Henderson, 1993. "Underinvestment and Incompetence as Responses to Radical Innovation: Evidence from the Photolithographic Alignment Equipment Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(2), pages 248-270, Summer.
- Davide Antonioli & Annaflavia Bianchi & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Sandro Montresor & Paolo Pini, 2013. "Innovation Strategies and Economic Crisis: Evidence from Firm-level Italian Data," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 33-68.
- Filippetti, Andrea & Archibugi, Daniele, 2011. "Innovation in times of crisis: National Systems of Innovation, structure, and demand," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 179-192, March.
- Geroski, P A & Walters, C F, 1995. "Innovative Activity over the Business Cycle," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(431), pages 916-928, July.
- David Bailey & Lisa de Propris, 2014. "Editorial: Recession, Recovery and Resilience?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(11), pages 1757-1760, November.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Martin Woerter, 2014.
"Firm characteristics and the cyclicality of R&D investments,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 23(5), pages 1141-1169.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Martin Woerter, 2011. "Firm characteristics and the cyclicality of R&D investments," KOF Working papers 11-277, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Dominique Guellec & Sacha Wunsch-Vincent, 2009. "Policy Responses to the Economic Crisis: Investing in Innovation for Long-Term Growth," OECD Digital Economy Papers 159, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cruz-Castro, Laura & Sanz-Menéndez, Luis, 2016. "The effects of the economic crisis on public research: Spanish budgetary policies and research organizations," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 113(PB), pages 157-167.
More about this item
Keywordsinnovation investment; economic crisis; resilience;
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-11-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2015-11-01 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GEO-2015-11-01 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2015-11-01 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2015-11-01 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa15p87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .