Innovation in times of crisis: National Systems of Innovation, structure, and demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marion Frenz & Claudia Girardone & Grazia Ietto-Gillies, 2005. "Multinationality Matters in Innovation: The Case of the UK Financial Services," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 65-92.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1994. "Technology and International Differences in Growth Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1147-1175, September.
- Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 1999. "Technological entry, exit and survival: an empirical analysis of patent data," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 643-660, August.
- Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2007.
"Is demand-pulled innovation equally important in different groups of firms?,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 31(5), pages 691-710, September.
- Piva, Mariacristina & Vivarelli, Marco, 2006. "Is Demand-Pulled Innovation Equally Important in Different Groups of Firms?," IZA Discussion Papers 1982, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Carlota Perez, 2009. "The double bubble at the turn of the century: technological roots and structural implications," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 779-805, July.
- Coriat, Benjamin & Weinstein, Olivier, 2002. "Organizations, firms and institutions in the generation of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 273-290, February.
- Geroski, P. A. & Van Reenen, J. & Walters, C. F., 1997. "How persistently do firms innovate?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 33-48, March.
- Kleinknecht, Alfred & Verspagen, Bart, 1990. "Demand and innovation: Schmookler re-examined," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 387-394, August.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2008.
"Technology clubs, technology gaps and growth trajectories,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 301-314, December.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2008. "Technology clubs, technology gaps and growth trajectories," MPRA Paper 27595, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frenz, Marion & Ietto-Gillies, Grazia, 2009. "The impact on innovation performance of different sources of knowledge: Evidence from the UK Community Innovation Survey," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1125-1135, September.
- Douglass C. North, 2005. "Introduction to Understanding the Process of Economic Change," Introductory Chapters,in: Understanding the Process of Economic Change Princeton University Press.
- Nick Von Tunzelmann, 2004. "Integrating Economic Policy and Technology Policy in the EU," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 105(1), pages 85-104.
- Francesco Crespi & Mario Pianta, 2008. "Demand and innovation in productivity growth," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(6), pages 655-672.
- Massini, Silvia & Lewin, Arie Y. & Numagami, Tsuyoshi & Pettigrew, Andrew M., 2002. "The evolution of organizational routines among large Western and Japanese firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1333-1348, December.
- Nelson, Richard R. & Sampat, Bhaven N., 2001. "Making sense of institutions as a factor shaping economic performance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 31-54, January.
- Scherer, F M, 1982. "Demand-Pull and Technological Invention: Schmookler Revisited," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 225-237, March.
- Geroski, P A & Walters, C F, 1995. "Innovative Activity over the Business Cycle," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(431), pages 916-928, July.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin, 2008.
"National innovation systems, capabilities and economic development,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1417-1435, October.
- Jan Fagerberg & Martin Srholec, 2007. "National innovation systems, capabilities and economic development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20071024, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 1996. "Schumpeterian patterns of innovation are technology-specific," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 451-478, May.
- Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Johnson, Bjorn & Andersen, Esben Sloth & Dalum, Bent, 2002. "National systems of production, innovation and competence building," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 213-231, February.
More about this item
KeywordsPersistency of innovation Business cycles National System of Innovation European Innovation Policy Economic crisis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:40:y:2011:i:2:p:179-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .