The Role of Technological Change in Increasing Gender Equity with a Focus on Information and Communications Technologyy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bresnahan, Timothy F. & Trajtenberg, M., 1995. "General purpose technologies 'Engines of growth'?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 83-108, January.
- Taryn Dinkelman, 2011. "The Effects of Rural Electrification on Employment: New Evidence from South Africa," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(7), pages 3078-3108, December.
- Joana Costa & Degol Hailu & Elydia Silva & Raquel Tsukada, 2009. "The Implications of Water and Electricity Supply for the Time Allocation of Women in Rural Ghana," Working Papers 59, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Robert Jensen & Emily Oster, 2009.
"The Power of TV: Cable Television and Women's Status in India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 1057-1094.
- Robert Jensen & Emily Oster, 2007. "The Power of TV: Cable Television and Women's Status in India," NBER Working Papers 13305, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tiago V. de V. Cavalcanti & José Tavares, 2008.
"Assessing the "Engines of Liberation": Home Appliances and Female Labor Force Participation,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 81-88, February.
- Tiago V. de V. Cavalcanti & José Tavares, 2004. "Assessing The "Engines Of Liberation": Home Appliances And Female Labor Force Participation," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 037, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Cavalcanti, Tiago & Tavares, José, 2006. "Assessing the 'Engines of Liberation': Home Appliances and Female Labour Force Participation," CEPR Discussion Papers 5665, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lipsey, Richard G. & Carlaw, Kenneth I. & Bekar, Clifford T., 2005. "Economic Transformations: General Purpose Technologies and Long-Term Economic Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199290895.
- Nidhiya Menon, 2009. "Rainfall Uncertainty and Occupational Choice in Agricultural Households of Rural Nepal," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(6), pages 864-888.
- Rachel Connelly & Jean Kimmel, 2010. "The Time Use of Mothers in the United States at the Beginning of the 21st Century," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number tuom, November.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2003. "Computing Productivity: Firm-Level Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 793-808, November.
- Chinhui Juhn & Sandra E. Black, 2000. "The Rise of Female Professionals: Are Women Responding to Skill Demand?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 450-455, May.
- Coen-Pirani, Daniele & León, Alexis & Lugauer, Steven, 2010.
"The effect of household appliances on female labor force participation: Evidence from microdata,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 503-513, June.
- Daniele Coen-Pirani & Alexis León & Steven Lugauer, "undated". "The Effect of Household Appliances on Female Labor Force Participation: Evidence from Micro Data," GSIA Working Papers 2008-E14, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Steven Lugauer & Alexis Leon & Daniele Coen-Pirani, 2008. "The Effect of Household Appliances on Female Labor Force Participation: Evidence from Micro Data," 2008 Meeting Papers 541, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Michael Lokshin & Ruslan Yemtsov, 2005. "Has Rural Infrastructure Rehabilitation in Georgia Helped the Poor?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 311-333.
- Mokyr, Joel, 2000. "Why “More Work for Mother?” Knowledge and Household Behavior, 1870–1945," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(01), pages 1-41, March.
- Emanuela Cardia, 2008. "Household Technology: Was it the Engine of Liberation?}," 2008 Meeting Papers 826, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wes:weswpa:2011-007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manolis Kaparakis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edwesus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.