Oil prices and stock markets: what drives what in the Gulf Corporation Council countries?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mohamed Arouri & Christophe Rault, 2010. "Oil Prices and Stock Markets: What Drives What in the Gulf Corporation Council Countries," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 122, pages 41-56.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Christophe Rault, 2011. "Oil Prices and Stock Markets: What Drives What in the Gulf Corporation Council Countries?," Working Papers 596, Economic Research Forum, revised 07 Jan 2011.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Christophe Rault, 2010. "Oil Prices and Stock Markets: What Drives what in the Gulf Corporation Council Countries?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2934, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cunado, J. & Perez de Gracia, F., 2005.
"Oil prices, economic activity and inflation: evidence for some Asian countries,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 65-83, February.
- Juncal Cunado & Fernando PÃ©rez de Gracia, 2004. "Oil Prices, Economic Activity and Inflation: Evidence for Some Asian Countries," Faculty Working Papers 06/04, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Phillips, Peter C B, 1995.
"Fully Modified Least Squares and Vector Autoregression,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1023-1078, September.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1993. "Fully Modified Least Squares and Vector Autoregression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1047, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Breitung, Jörg & Pesaran, Mohammad Hashem, 2005.
"Unit roots and cointegration in panels,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2005,42, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Breitung, J. & Pesaran, M.H., 2005. "Unit Roots and Cointegration in Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0535, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Joerg Breitung & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2005. "Unit Roots and Cointegration in Panels," CESifo Working Paper Series 1565, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jörg Breitung & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2005. "Unit Roots and Cointegration in Panels," IEPR Working Papers 05.32, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Basher, Syed A. & Sadorsky, Perry, 2006. "Oil price risk and emerging stock markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 224-251, December.
- Peter Baláž & Andrej Londarev, 2006.
"Ropa a jej postavenie v globalizácii svetového hospodárstva
[Oil and its position in the process of globalization of the world economy]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2006(4), pages 508-528.
- Papapetrou, Evangelia, 2001. "Oil price shocks, stock market, economic activity and employment in Greece," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 511-532, September.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Konya, Laszlo, 2006. "Exports and growth: Granger causality analysis on OECD countries with a panel data approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 978-992, December.
- Roger D. Huang & Ronald W. Masulis & Hans R. Stoll, 1996. "Energy shocks and financial markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Lardic, Sandrine & Mignon, Valerie, 2006. "The impact of oil prices on GDP in European countries: An empirical investigation based on asymmetric cointegration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3910-3915, December.
- Marc Gronwald, 2008. "Large Oil Shocks and the US Economy: Infrequent Incidents with Large Effects," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 151-172.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Choi, Kyongwook, 2006. "Behavior of GCC stock markets and impacts of US oil and financial markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 22-44, March.
- Neaime Simon, 2005. "Financial Market Integration and Macroeconomic Volatility in the MENA Region: An Empirical Investigation," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 59-83, December.
- Shiller, Robert J. & Perron, Pierre, 1985.
"Testing the random walk hypothesis : Power versus frequency of observation,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 381-386.
- Pierre Perron & Robert J. Shiller, 1984. "Testing the Random Walk Hypothesis: Power Versus Frequency of Observation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 732, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Robert J. Shiller & Pierre Perron, 1985. "Testing the Random Walk Hypothesis: Power versus Frequency of Observation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0045, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lardic, Sandrine & Mignon, Valérie, 2008. "Oil prices and economic activity: An asymmetric cointegration approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 847-855, May.
- El-Sharif, Idris & Brown, Dick & Burton, Bruce & Nixon, Bill & Russell, Alex, 2005. "Evidence on the nature and extent of the relationship between oil prices and equity values in the UK," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 819-830, November.
- Cologni, Alessandro & Manera, Matteo, 2008.
"Oil prices, inflation and interest rates in a structural cointegrated VAR model for the G-7 countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 856-888, May.
- Matteo Manera & Alessandro Cologni, 2005. "Oil Prices, Inflation and Interest Rates in a Structural Cointegrated VAR Model for the G-7 Countries," Working Papers 2005.101, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Lutz Kilian, 2008.
"Exogenous Oil Supply Shocks: How Big Are They and How Much Do They Matter for the U.S. Economy?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 216-240, May.
- Kilian, Lutz, 2005. "Exogenous Oil Supply Shocks: How Big Are They and How Much do they Matter for the US Economy?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5131, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- François Lescaroux & Valérie Mignon, 2008.
"On the influence of oil prices on economic activity and other macroeconomic and financial variables ,"
OPEC Energy Review,
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 32(4), pages 343-380, December.
- François Lescaroux & Valérie Mignon, 2008. "On the Influence of Oil Prices on Economic Activity and Other Macroeconomic and Financial Variables," Working Papers 2008-05, CEPII research center.
- Shawkat Hammoudeh & Eisa Aleisa, 2004. "Dynamic Relationships among GCC Stock Markets and Nymex Oil Futures," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(2), pages 250-269, April.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 1999. "Oil price shocks and stock market activity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 449-469, October.
- Jones, Charles M & Kaul, Gautam, 1996. " Oil and the Stock Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 463-491, June.
- Brown, Stephen P. A. & Yucel, Mine K., 2002.
"Energy prices and aggregate economic activity: an interpretative survey,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 193-208.
- Brown, Stephen P. A. & Yücel, Mine K., 2001. "Energy prices and aggregate economic activity: an interpretive survey," Working Papers 0102, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Naceur, Samy Ben & Ghazouani, Samir, 2007. "Stock markets, banks, and economic growth: Empirical evidence from the MENA region," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 297-315, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heni Boubaker & Nadia Sghaier, 2013. "Instability and time," Working Papers 2013-23, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Arturo Lorenzo Valdés & Leticia Armenta Fraire & Rocío Durán Vázquez, 2016. "A copula-TGARCH approach of conditional dependence between oil price and stock market index: the case of Mexico," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 31(1), pages 47-63.
- El Hedi Arouri, Mohamed & Huong Dinh, Thanh & Khuong Nguyen, Duc, 2010.
"Time-varying predictability in crude-oil markets: the case of GCC countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4371-4380, August.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Duc Khuong Nguyen & Thanh Huong Dinh, 2010. "Time-varying Predictability in Crude Oil Markets: The Case of GCC Countries," Working Papers hal-00507822, HAL.
- Kalina Dimitrova & Luca Fantacci, 2009.
"Financial stability, monetary autonomy and fiscal interference: Bulgaria in search of its way, 1879-1913,"
3, National Bank of Serbia.
- Kalina Dimitrova & Luca Fantacci, 2010. "Financial stability, monetary autonomy and fiscal interference: Bulgaria in search of its way, 1879-1913," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp979, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Ansgar Belke & Daniel Gros, 2014.
"A simple model of an oil based global savings glut—the “China factor”and the OPEC cartel,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 413-430, September.
- Belke, Ansgar & Gros, Daniel, 2009. "A Simple Model of an Oil Based Global Savings Glut – The ""China Factor"" and the OPEC Cartel," Ruhr Economic Papers 128, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ansgar Belke & Daniel Gros, 2009. "A Simple Model of an Oil Based Global Savings Glut: The "China Factor" and the OPEC Cartel," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 911, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Fayyad, Abdallah & Daly, Kevin, 2011. "The impact of oil price shocks on stock market returns: Comparing GCC countries with the UK and USA," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 61-78, March.
- Ghoilpour Hassan Fereidouni, 2011. "The Effect of Energy Prices on Iranian Industry Stock Returns," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 32-51, May.
- Dagher, Leila & El Hariri, Sadika, 2013. "The impact of global oil price shocks on the Lebanese stock market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 366-374.
- Agnieszka Chidlow & Anna Morgan-Thomas & Pervez N. Ghauri, 2010. "Data Collection Procedures Equivalence in International Business Research," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp977, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Awartani, Basel & Maghyereh, Aktham Issa, 2013. "Dynamic spillovers between oil and stock markets in the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 28-42.
- Bouri, Elie, 2015. "Oil volatility shocks and the stock markets of oil-importing MENA economies: A tale from the financial crisis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 590-598.
More about this item
KeywordsGCC stock markets; oil prices;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-04-04 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-ENE-2010-04-04 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:2009-960. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WDI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wdumius.html .