Economic resilience: definition and measurement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Avi J. Cohen, 2003. "Retrospectives: Whatever Happened to the Cambridge Capital Theory Controversies?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 199-214, Winter.
- Hallegatte, Stéphane & Dumas, Patrice, 2009.
"Can natural disasters have positive consequences? Investigating the role of embodied technical change,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 777-786, January.
- Stéphane Hallegatte & Patrice Dumas, 2009. "Can natural disasters have positive consequences? Investigating the role of embodied technical change," Post-Print hal-00719266, HAL.
- Henriet, Fanny & Hallegatte, Stéphane & Tabourier, Lionel, 2012.
"Firm-network characteristics and economic robustness to natural disasters,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 150-167.
- Henriet, F. & Hallegatte, S. & Tabourier, L., 2011. "Firm-Network Characteristics and Economic Robustness to Natural Disasters," Working papers 355, Banque de France.
- Fanny Henriet & Stéphane Hallegatte & Lionel Tabourier, 2012. "Firm-network characteristics and economic robustness to natural disasters," Post-Print hal-00716554, HAL.
- Jose-Miguel Albala-Bertrand, 2014. "Disasters and the Networked Economy. A Book Summary," Working Papers 718, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Dercon, Stefan, 2004.
"Growth and shocks: evidence from rural Ethiopia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 309-329, August.
- Stefan Dercon, 2003. "Growth and Shocks: evidence from rural Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 2003-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Stefan Dercon, 2004. "Growth and Shocks: evidence from rural Ethiopia," Development and Comp Systems 0409036, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2013.
"Building Resilience : Integrating Climate and Disaster Risk into Development
[Crear resiliencia mediante la integración de los riesgos climáticos y de desastre en el proceso de desarrollo - Resumen," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16639, The World Bank.
- Stine Aakre & Ilona Banaszak & Reinhard Mechler & Dirk Rübbelke & Anita Wreford & Harvir Kalirai, 2010. "Financial adaptation to disaster risk in the European Union," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 15(7), pages 721-736, October.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2002. "Do Natural Disasters Promote Long-Run Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 664-687, October.
- Hallegatte, Stéphane & Ghil, Michael, 2008.
"Natural disasters impacting a macroeconomic model with endogenous dynamics,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 582-592, December.
- Stéphane Hallegatte & Michael Ghil, 2008. "Natural disasters impacting a macroeconomic model with endogenous dynamics," Post-Print hal-00716677, HAL.
- Eduardo Rodriguez-Oreggia & Alejandro De La Fuente & Rodolfo De La Torre & Hector A. Moreno, 2013. "Natural Disasters, Human Development and Poverty at the Municipal Level in Mexico," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(3), pages 442-455, March.
- repec:eee:reensy:v:125:y:2014:i:c:p:92-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stéphane Hallegatte & Nicola Ranger & Sumana Bhattacharya & Murthy Bachu & Satya Priya & K. Dhore & Farhat Rafique & P. Mathur & Nicolas Naville & Fanny Henriet & Anand Patwardhan & K. Narayanan & Sub, 2010. "Flood Risks, Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Benefits in Mumbai: An Initial Assessment of Socio-Economic Consequences of Present and Climate Change Induced Flood Risks and of Possible Adaptation," OECD Environment Working Papers 27, OECD Publishing.
- Adam Rose & Dan Wei, 2013. "Estimating The Economic Consequences Of A Port Shutdown: The Special Role Of Resilience," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 212-232, June.
- Kroll, Cynthia A. & Landis, John D. & Shen, Qing & Stryker, Sean, 1991. "Economic Impacts of the Loma Prieta Earthquake: A Focus on Small Businesses," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt05f3382m, University of California Transportation Center.
- Battiston, Stefano & Delli Gatti, Domenico & Gallegati, Mauro & Greenwald, Bruce & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2007. "Credit chains and bankruptcy propagation in production networks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2061-2084, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:140:y:2017:i:c:p:66-78 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; Natural Disasters; Climate Change Economics; Insurance&Risk Mitigation; Labor Policies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6852. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.